Rishi rises for how long?

Started by T00ts, October 25, 2022, 09:07:43 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on October 25, 2022, 12:36:20 PM
Can't say I am Brown fan either given he is a Blairite but I agree he was given a shit hand and actually did the best he could. He certainly made MMT vogue. This forum just hates him because he wasn't a Tory I guess.
Sneaking off in the dead of night to sign the Lisbon Treaty  might have had something to do with it  . 

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on October 25, 2022, 07:50:06 PM
It wasn't just a UK phenomenon, and Brown deserves praise for saving the British banking system from tidal collapse, and giving an international lead.

The US didn't support all its financial institutions, and let some organisations go...
I have faith in Boycey, he will see right through you eventually. Most do.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Javert on October 25, 2022, 12:24:22 PM
He is the only one that the Conservatives have put forward that seems to me to be vaguely likeable and normal, and somewhat living in the real world of planet Earth.  At least that's a start.
Well it's certainly an improvement on Boris and Truss, so a step in the right direction.

But his true colours will become apparent before too long, and I suspect there will be much to criticise.

But I will refrain from making any until I have good reason to.

On that score I think I should say this - the reappointment of Suella Braverman looks very dodgy.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on October 25, 2022, 07:09:42 PM
You are aware Brown was PM for three months before Northern Rock imploded? I agree government should have spotted the timebomb earlier but nobody was looking. It wasn't like this was just a UK phenomenon.
It wasn't just a UK phenomenon, and Brown deserves praise for saving the British banking system from tidal collapse, and giving an international lead.

The US didn't support all its financial institutions, and let some organisations go...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 25, 2022, 07:09:42 PM
You are aware Brown was PM for three months before Northern Rock imploded? I agree government should have spotted the timebomb earlier but nobody was looking. It wasn't like this was just a UK phenomenon.

Eh What sort of logic is that? he was the chancellor before that.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on October 25, 2022, 06:56:02 PM
As true as all that maybe, it wasn't then up to the government to investigate whether the banking industry actually employed qualified personnel — they should already have been selected on their qualifications.

Even people at the top of the industry were little better than what immediately post war money makers were termed as: 'wide boys'.

The original meaning of Market Traders seems an apt description...

You are aware Brown was PM for three months before Northern Rock imploded? I agree government should have spotted the timebomb earlier but nobody was looking. It wasn't like this was just a UK phenomenon.

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on October 25, 2022, 12:36:20 PM
Can't say I am Brown fan either given he is a Blairite but I agree he was given a shit hand and actually did the best he could. He certainly made MMT vogue. This forum just hates him because he wasn't a Tory I guess.

I don't blame Brown for the Financial crash but the Yanks giving mortgages to the unemployed and selling them off to us in toxic assets. But if there is one Brit to blame it needs to be Thatcher anyway. She deregulated the financial sector making dodgy practices in Canary Wharf the norm. Brown regulated it so we didn't give 120% mortgages to those on 5 hour a week contacts.
As true as all that maybe, it wasn't then up to the government to investigate whether the banking industry actually employed qualified personnel — they should already have been selected on their qualifications. 

Even people at the top of the industry were little better than what immediately post war money makers were termed as: 'wide boys'.

The original meaning of Market Traders seems an apt description...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on October 25, 2022, 12:16:12 PM
Does anyone else find it surprising that there is still so much anti-Brown sentiment sloshing around parts of the forum?

The former Chancellors poured billions into the economy and saved many jobs and kept businesses alive...
Can't say I am Brown fan either given he is a Blairite but I agree he was given a shit hand and actually did the best he could. He certainly made MMT vogue. This forum just hates him because he wasn't a Tory I guess.

I don't blame Brown for the Financial crash but the Yanks giving mortgages to the unemployed and selling them off to us in toxic assets. But if there is one Brit to blame it needs to be Thatcher anyway. She deregulated the financial sector making dodgy practices in Canary Wharf the norm. Brown regulated it so we didn't give 120% mortgages to those on 5 hour a week contacts.

Javert

Quote from: T00ts on October 25, 2022, 12:04:25 PM
Well fair enough. He has changed the style initially. No wife visible, no masses of his people on the pavement but no smile either. A rather stilted speech and eyes like a rabbit in the headlights. Perhaps he has just realised that to succeed here he has to deliver and fast. I like the changes but in the words of theatre training - don't forget Rishi

Eyes and Teeth Rishi - Eyes and Teeth! Dancing
He is the only one that the Conservatives have put forward that seems to me to be vaguely likeable and normal, and somewhat living in the real world of planet Earth.  At least that's a start.

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on October 25, 2022, 12:16:12 PM
Does anyone else find it surprising that there is still so much anti-Brown sentiment sloshing around parts of the forum?

The former Chancellors poured billions into the economy and saved many jobs and kept businesses alive...
Not surprised at all Pat....he wasn't a Tory so if he had personally given them all a grand each they'd still slag him off.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Does anyone else find it surprising that there is still so much anti-Brown sentiment sloshing around parts of the forum?

The former Chancellors poured billions into the economy and saved many jobs and kept businesses alive...

T00ts

Well fair enough. He has changed the style initially. No wife visible, no masses of his people on the pavement but no smile either. A rather stilted speech and eyes like a rabbit in the headlights. Perhaps he has just realised that to succeed here he has to deliver and fast. I like the changes but in the words of theatre training - don't forget Rishi 

Eyes and Teeth Rishi - Eyes and Teeth!  Dancing

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 25, 2022, 11:28:35 AM
Sunak is just the face of the globalists Toots ,  he will do as he is told when he is told
Well maybe - time will tell. He presumably is mindful of all the barriers he has broken, youngest, Hindu married to someone richer than himself. of poor family who worked hard etc etc. Let's just see if he can also be a maverick. Let's see if he really has vision or is he only securing his own future via position, contacts etc. a la Blaire. I tend to feel that he might not be ready for this. A leader before his time perhaps. Is he a rounded politician with sufficient experience? I don't think so but I am prepared to give him his chance. 
I fear that the MPs, many who are young, think that youth is everything. They have mucked up the Party already so I guess it will be up to them to finish it off. Let's see if he can control them.

Streetwalker

Sunak is just the face of the globalists Toots ,  he will do as he is told when he is told 

T00ts

Well it didn't take long. Questions already being asked about how Rishi needs to drop the glitzy videos of his Treasury days and come across as less American Presidential in presentation!