Rishi's first mistake?

Started by T00ts, October 25, 2022, 05:23:59 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 26, 2022, 12:22:03 PM
Possibly an even bigger mistake for Rishi.
https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/anger-after-rishi-sunaks-tunbridge-7428209
True - but he strikes me as a bit of an open goal. He is avoiding mentions of his wife which is fair enough and he is diverting from answering questions which will simply rile the opposition and fuel them. Here as I write, is the attack for his fine for cake. I do wonder if Gove among others really looked to see if he has an Achilles heel. I fear he has.

Borchester

Quote from: Good old on October 26, 2022, 11:15:30 AM
Already one of the richest men in the country, that's when he was in the country, wanted to be a humble MP in 2015. Really I wonder why? . Well we now know why. And as with all of them it's what in it for them, every bit as what's in it for us.

Because that is the way politicians are.

If he had any sense he would say well, now I have a rich, pretty wife and two fine children, time to put my feet up and enjoy them. After all, no matter what I do as a politician, someone will bitch.

But, as said, politicos don't see it that way.

Being PM is pretty much like being an office or site manager. Keep an eye on the budget, keep the staff infighting under control and that is about it.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 26, 2022, 11:15:30 AM
You have expressed a dislike of Sunak, in many posts. At the very least you are suspicious of his motives.
Believe it or not I can join you in that. Not for quiet the same reasons I suspect.
I question , him only coming on the scene seven years ago, to immediately become a staunch brexiteer,. To achieve Brexit. To become a chancellor in about five years of being in Parliament. And now the big job.
Already one of the richest men in the country, that's when he was in the country, wanted to be a humble MP in 2015. Really I wonder why? . Well we now know why. And as with all of them it's what in it for them, every bit as what's in it for us.
I confess to agreeing with a lot of what you say. I don't begrudge him his earned wealth or that he has married well, if more of our MPs were successful in the wider world they might be able to offer more to running the country. I do worry that he is ambitious for his own reasons and his meteoric rise in Parliament is a worry to me. What is his breadth of experience in other Ministerial depts and what is his understanding of how a country works for both rich and poor. We seem to be headed towards a youth culture now even in Parliament and as I have said many times we ignore the older heads at our peril. If I am completely honest his demeanor makes me nervous of his sincerity. 

I am in the midst of a quite heavy job at present which demands a day like today but I have abandoned it in the hope that PMQs in a few minutes will tell me more about the man.

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on October 26, 2022, 08:33:19 AM
... and his second mistake is to have sent Mordaunt away annoyed. There is little worse than a woman scorned. I would imagine that that combined with his first mistake will put a number of backs up. I have a feeling that as yet Rishi the ruthless has been hidden from view. I still think his total focus since arriving at Westminster has been this day. PMQs today will be interesting. Will he rise to the opposition baiting? Will we see his temper or will he be nasty? Will he have lost the rabbit in the headlights look of both speeches he has given which is far removed from the glitzy videos he has put out in the past? I would bet that he has studied his TV footage carefully to hone his normal almost Presidential style. Anything is possible.

You have expressed a dislike of Sunak, in many posts. At the very least you are suspicious of his motives.
Believe it or not I can join you in that. Not for quiet the same reasons I suspect.
I question , him only coming on the scene seven years ago, to immediately become a staunch brexiteer,. To achieve Brexit. To become a chancellor in about five years of being in Parliament. And now the big job.
Already one of the richest men in the country, that's when he was in the country, wanted to be a humble MP in 2015. Really I wonder why? . Well we now know why. And as with all of them it's what in it for them, every bit as what's in it for us.

T00ts

... and his second mistake is to have sent Mordaunt away annoyed. There is little worse than a woman scorned. I would imagine that that combined with his first mistake will put a number of backs up. I have a feeling that as yet Rishi the ruthless has been hidden from view. I still think his total focus since arriving at Westminster has been this day. PMQs today will be interesting. Will he rise to the opposition baiting? Will we see his temper or will he be nasty? Will he have lost the rabbit in the headlights look of both speeches he has given which is far removed from the glitzy videos he has put out in the past? I would bet that he has studied his TV footage carefully to hone his normal almost Presidential style. Anything is possible.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on October 25, 2022, 05:41:09 PM
It's a silly move since it leaves him wide open to Starmer tomorrow.
He will be fine on that score , Starmer can't hit a bulls arse with a banjo 

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 25, 2022, 05:23:59 PM
Suella Braverman has been called back into the Home Office! Now if my memory serves me right she resigned after a reported 90 minute shouting match with Liz Truss. She resigned so say, because she had made a mistake of sending sensitive papers via her personal mobile.

At the time I felt it was orchestrated in order to increase pressure on Truss it smacked of the same MO used to unseat Boris, but others didn't agree. So the question has to arise as to why she has been reinstated into the same job? Did she jump on the promise of coming back?
I don't know if the sources are credible but the story doing the rounds at the time was that Truss was supposed to be at some meeting but cancelled to attend a full on shouting match with Braverman who resigned afterwards. The email was a useful diversion.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

B0ycey

Suella Braverman has been called back into the Home Office! Now if my memory serves me right she resigned after a reported 90 minute shouting match with Liz Truss. She resigned so say, because she had made a mistake of sending sensitive papers via her personal mobile.

At the time I felt it was orchestrated in order to increase pressure on Truss it smacked of the same MO used to unseat Boris, but others didn't agree. So the question has to arise as to why she has been reinstated into the same job? Did she jump on the promise of coming back?
I doubt it was orchestrated but merely two people who disagreed with an immigration policy and the emails was the excuse. Braverman used it to her advantage and that burn on taking responsibility for mistakes was classic.

I was also half expecting Johnson to be offered that position actually. But given Braverman is a huge Brexiteer, perhaps the right person given she has no baggage unlike Johnson who still needs to atone to lying in Parliament.

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 25, 2022, 05:36:58 PM
You were right Toots , it has been the longest gig for the Orchestra since they decided to get rid of Johnson . Its been one play to get Sunak into number 10 .
And yes she would have been assured the job was hers
It's a silly move since it leaves him wide open to Starmer tomorrow.

Streetwalker

You were right Toots , it has been the longest gig for the Orchestra since they decided to get rid of Johnson . Its been one play to get Sunak into number 10 .
And yes she would have been assured the job was hers 

T00ts