Main Menu

Another forum

Started by srb7677, November 01, 2022, 10:30:47 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on November 05, 2022, 01:55:13 AM
All very well for you to crow but for someone that boasts their prowess at maths yet you think there's three mods here but in fact have only been two for a long time. :P
But didn't Nick ban Thomas? That's a mod action. So there's de facto 3.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on November 05, 2022, 01:18:57 AM
Happily you got over it Steve, which is why you are online at the new forum now :)
All very well for you to crow but for someone that boasts their prowess at maths yet you think there's three mods here but in fact have only been two for a long time. :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on November 04, 2022, 11:40:29 PM
Irritated is more the word I would use.

Happily you got over it Steve, which is why you are online at the new forum now :)
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on November 01, 2022, 05:00:51 PM
BTW, was anyone excited when they went over there as was promised in the PM?
Irritated is more the word I would use.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 03, 2022, 05:20:35 PM
Any chance of Necta points for the regulars...?
Yes, we have a very generous loyalty program, unfortunately you don't qualify!! 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on November 03, 2022, 05:20:35 PM
More chance of air miles 

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on November 03, 2022, 11:52:50 AM
On and off Baff you've been around a long time and are welcome here.
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Baff on November 03, 2022, 11:16:26 AM
I like those guys.
I've spent I don't know how many hours over the last 11 years gassing with them.

The lack of moderation in the forum they came from was at once it's strength but also it's weakness.
The nutbags who seek to take their antagonism beyond the constraints of the forum... frankly I could do without.

Someone tried to hack my account at their new board within 24 hours of it opening.
There are extremes I just can't bothered with.  A new mod there made clear to me that one of the offenders and one of the previously banned offenders would be most welcome there. If not sought after and defended.
And my enthusiasm is much reduced.

It's one thing when they are not being moderated, another thing entirely when the moderation is both active and sympathetic.

I just can't face it if I quite honest with you.
At some point I'll drop in and catch up. No rush.

On the plus point, there like here has decent moderators who allow me to speak my mind.
There are plenty of forums that are echo chambers only. 
On and off Baff you've been around a long time and are welcome here.

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on November 03, 2022, 11:16:26 AM
 A new mod there made clear to me that one of the offenders and one of the previously banned offenders would be most welcome there. If not sought after and defended.

I will NOT be contributing to that forum, a number of those using in based on years of past experience should be banned from the internet.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baff

I like those guys.
I've spent I don't know how many hours over the last 11 years gassing with them.

The lack of moderation in the forum they came from was at once it's strength but also it's weakness.
The nutbags who seek to take their antagonism beyond the constraints of the forum... frankly I could do without.

Someone tried to hack my account at their new board within 24 hours of it opening.
There are extremes I just can't bothered with.  A new mod there made clear to me that one of the offenders and one of the previously banned offenders would be most welcome there. If not sought after and defended. 

It's one thing when they are not being moderated, another thing entirely when the moderation is both active and sympathetic.

I just can't face it if I quite honest with you.
At some point I'll drop in and catch up. No rush.

On the plus point, there like here has decent moderators who allow me to speak my mind.
There are plenty of forums that are echo chambers only.  

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 02, 2022, 03:48:30 PM
Well the other forum definitely brings out the worst in me. On the receiving end of troll posts all too often I find myself giving much the same back to them, with the kind of posts I wouldn't dream of here. There are intelligent posters there too thankfully or I'd have abandoned the place already, but past experience has taught me that much as I can stoop to their level and give it back, in the long run I tend not to want to tolerate it. I can see the day coming when I think enough is enough and back away.

The Squeezed Pimple in particular is one who has invited the sharp end of my sarcasm, but thus far it is still more pleasurable than annoying there. If that ceases to be true or starts impacting negatively upon my mental health I will get the hell out.

This place is far better run and is generally just a nicer forum because of it, and doesn't tolerate the kind of behaviour that goes on there. Which is why it is better here. But this forum has its' quiet periods with no one posting which is why I still keep rocking up there from time to time.
Trolls always live in a swamp, all the decent posters will get tired of the BS and maybe move this way, once the Trolls have nobody else to attack they'll turn on each other lol

srb7677

Well the other forum definitely brings out the worst in me. On the receiving end of troll posts all too often I find myself giving much the same back to them, with the kind of posts I wouldn't dream of here. There are intelligent posters there too thankfully or I'd have abandoned the place already, but past experience has taught me that much as I can stoop to their level and give it back, in the long run I tend not to want to tolerate it. I can see the day coming when I think enough is enough and back away.

The Squeezed Pimple in particular is one who has invited the sharp end of my sarcasm, but thus far it is still more pleasurable than annoying there. If that ceases to be true or starts impacting negatively upon my mental health I will get the hell out.

This place is far better run and is generally just a nicer forum because of it, and doesn't tolerate the kind of behaviour that goes on there. Which is why it is better here. But this forum has its' quiet periods with no one posting which is why I still keep rocking up there from time to time.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on November 02, 2022, 08:53:06 AMAnd in light of which I will publicly apologise for calling Cromwell the c word a few weeks back in an attempt to get temporarily banned.

Don't worry Steve I've been called worse and it wasn't a sustained attack as has happened to both us mods.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on November 02, 2022, 09:39:37 AM
That wasn't pointed at you BTW :), just a generalisation.
Yes I guessed that, but felt the need to clarify anyway.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 02, 2022, 08:53:06 AM
Indeed. And in light of which I will publicly apologise for calling Cromwell the c word a few weeks back in an attempt to get temporarily banned.

Just asking for such a ban was the much more reasonable approach adopted in the end.
That wasn't pointed at you BTW :), just a generalisation.