Main Menu

Another forum

Started by srb7677, November 01, 2022, 10:30:47 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on November 01, 2022, 11:16:56 AM
Indeed. lol
And welcome back Steve,it cannot be easy having  intelligent debate with a squeezed abscess. ;)
Despite the hopes of some we are far from dead or dying.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on November 01, 2022, 10:37:51 AMit appears to be inhabited with some very nasty bastards and Trolls
Indeed. lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on November 01, 2022, 10:30:47 AM
I was approached via PM by someone with the username "Bubbles" and invited to join another forum.

I have signed up and am active there too.
Lucky you, I got the same email, but have been unable to join the forum due to a registration process seeming to be faulty.

Edited, I have now registered for the forum, but it appears to be inhabited with some very nasty bastards and Trolls  who I try and avoid.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

I was approached via PM by someone with the username "Bubbles" and invited to join another forum.

I have signed up and am active there too. This "Bubbles" is presumably a member or even a mod there but under a different username because there is no one under that username there. I have no idea who he is there. He has not responded to a PM from me here.

But if I got an invite via PM here, it is likely that others have too. And indeed many of this forum's denizens are there, including Borchester, Johnofgwent and someone calling himself Patman. Thomas is there too. Just a heads up because I was invited on the basis of this forum here being a dying forum, which I hope and think is incorrect. But someone called "Bubbles" has used his account here to tout for business via PM.

The other forum is busier because it also appears to have collected members from UKPolitics which has now closed down. I used to be active there before it started being flagged up as an unsafe site and recognise several of the names from there.

But overt trolling behaviour seems to be tolerated there - one of whom delights in trolling me - and there are a few arseholes touting the kind of obnoxious views that wouldn't be allowed to go unchallenged here. For example several were cheerleading the firebombing of an immigrant detention centre as a justifed expression of legitimate anti-immigrant anger, and view the man responsible who then killed himself as some sort of  martyr for a just cause. This is the sort of thing the Nazis used to do to eulogise their own thugs in attacks on minorities.

Conclusion? Though there is often more to respond to there, it is a bit like the wild west with no discernible sign of any modding at all. Most of the mods there in any case seem to be far right Tories, and of a much less politically reasonable bent than our own beloved Toots. This forum is just a much more pleasant environment most of the time.

For now I will remain active on both, but the other one is much more likely to produce the kind of circumstances where I will have to walk away for my own good.

Just thought I would share that information.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.