Main Menu

Another forum

Started by srb7677, November 01, 2022, 10:30:47 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on November 02, 2022, 05:41:50 AM

The MODS here, and I'm sure they won't mind me saying, are not perfect, they don't always get everything 100% right, but they do their best and they do it for free. All they ask is a modicum of respect.
Indeed. And in light of which I will publicly apologise for calling Cromwell the c word a few weeks back in an attempt to get temporarily banned.

Just asking for such a ban was the much more reasonable approach adopted in the end.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 02, 2022, 05:41:50 AM
The bullies, who are usually 5'2" 
Not in my real life experience.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 01, 2022, 10:02:24 PM
And indeed no one there seems to be enforcing the forum rules, which begs the question - what's the point of them having their rules in the first place?
The bullies, who are usually 5'2" and have no real stature in society enjoy being the big man in cyberspace, not much to say but like to say it loud. The ones who genuinely want to debate get sick of it and come to a more peaceful place, leaving the swamp to dry up. They will dig a new pond and invite everyone in for a swim but unless you have filters to keep the water clean it will always turn into a swamp.

The MODS here, and I'm sure they won't mind me saying, are not perfect, they don't always get everything 100% right, but they do their best and they do it for free. All they ask is a modicum of respect.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on November 01, 2022, 04:05:07 PM
Not really, I can spot trolls and nasty bastards at 200 yards in thick fog. The problem is few forum moderators have the same ability.
The "Another Forum," seems to have a large number of nasty bastards and trolls totally ignoring the forum rules.
And indeed no one there seems to be enforcing the forum rules, which begs the question - what's the point of them having their rules in the first place?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

patman post

Quote from: Nalaar on November 01, 2022, 04:33:07 PM
I've received a couple of those PMs, however as I considered the message rude by nature of its attempt to fish users from one forum to another, I responded in kind by ignoring them.

Poor forum advertisement practices do not endear me to the management of said forum.
It appears that said forum has been set up by a former member of the now defunct one. It seems to have many of the other posters and is working OK, after a bit of getting used to it.

Poaching new members isn't so rare — I originally came to this forum in one of it's previous incarnations, because of a mail from a poster who thought it was more exciting than the one we were then on...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on November 01, 2022, 07:13:39 PM
True.

I suppose that after this place, where we have always been careful not to offend Pappy,
You and others attack and abuse me on a regular basis. Frankly you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. 

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on November 01, 2022, 03:38:34 PM
The registration process went wrong for me too, and only gave me half my name.

As for it appearing "to be inhabited with some very nasty bastards and Trolls", I guess for you, it must seem a bit like riding a bike or the first time after taking off the stabilisers...

True.

I suppose that after this place, where we have always been careful not to offend Pappy, the real world must come as a bit of a shock

:)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Barry on November 01, 2022, 06:43:35 PMAs for excitement, last time I was excited was when I got a new bike for Christmas. ;D
Not sure you'll cope with the excitement over there then ;)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 01, 2022, 06:43:50 PM
Nick I asked a polite question and got an abusive comment instead of an answer.  Abusing people happens to be against the forum rules.
I suggest when you stop doing it others may follow, until then you get what you give.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 01, 2022, 06:33:24 PM

It would be funny if you weren't serious, and you wonder why you get so much stick. If you give it you have to be able to take it and clearly you can't. What a joke.
Nick I asked a polite question and got an abusive comment instead of an answer.  Abusing people happens to be against the forum rules.

Barry

Quote from: Nick on November 01, 2022, 05:00:51 PM
BTW, was anyone excited when they went over there as was promised in the PM?
I didn't get a PM, and wish to make a complaint. I was obviously discriminated against. Why, what did  I do?

As for excitement, last time I was excited was when I got a new bike for Christmas. ;D
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 01, 2022, 06:08:01 PM
I can do without the snide remarks.  It was totally uncalled for. I asked polite question there was no need for the crap you came back with.

It would be funny if you weren't serious, and you wonder why you get so much stick. If you give it you have to be able to take it and clearly you can't. What a joke.

Quote from: papasmurf on June 16, 2021, 12:55:17 PM
I suggest you go to [highlight]Specsavers[/highlight] that is COUNTY not country.

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2022, 05:56:30 PM
Not BS it is you needing to go to [highlight]Specsavers[/highlight] and check next time you go to a Supermarket. (Lidl had very little veg last week, and that has been the same for several weeks.)

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 01, 2022, 04:55:11 PM
It's already been mentioned, a trip to spec savers might be in order.
I can do without the snide remarks.  It was totally uncalled for. I asked polite question there was no need for the crap you came back with.

Nick

BTW, was anyone excited when they went over there as was promised in the PM?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 01, 2022, 04:38:00 PM
Anyone know who "Bubbles" is?
It's already been mentioned, a trip to spec savers might be in order.