Main Menu

Another forum

Started by srb7677, November 01, 2022, 10:30:47 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2022, 01:45:42 PM
In how many years? (I don't sign out.)
I don't know, you were banned for half the time.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 13, 2022, 01:16:13 PM
Of course not.

Total Time Spent Online: 70 days, 6 hours and 5 minutes
Total Posts: 11555 posts
Total Topics Started: 428 topics
;D

In how many years? (I don't sign out.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2022, 09:30:04 AM
No you can't take it as a complement, and I am not on this forum most of the time.
Of course not.

Total Time Spent Online: 70 days, 6 hours and 5 minutes
Total Posts: 11555 posts
Total Topics Started: 428 topics
;D
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 13, 2022, 11:49:26 AM
And the moderators at the other place are just as keen on censorship as they are here.

Overall, no real difference
It doesn't look like it.

Borchester

Quote from: Borchester on December 13, 2022, 09:41:32 AM
It is pretty much the same as this place.

It has the advantage that there are a hell of a lot more posters and that their version of Pappy is a Scottish loon called Jaydee, who may talk total bollocks, but unlike our own dear Cornish Clown, does not spend all his time hiding in a corner and being offended.

It has the disadvantage in the it is almost entirely about UK politics and since there is almost sod all going on right now, the forum is, as a result, fairly quiet.

Mod Notice
Rule - Do not advertise, edited to remove link

And the moderators at the other place are just as keen on censorship as they are here.

Overall, no real difference

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

It is pretty much the same as this place.

It has the advantage that there are a hell of a lot more posters and that their version of Pappy is a Scottish loon called Jaydee, who may talk total bollocks, but unlike our own dear Cornish Clown, does not spend all his time hiding in a corner and being offended.

It has the disadvantage in the it is almost entirely about UK politics and since there is almost sod all going on right now, the forum is, as a result, fairly quiet.

Mod Notice
Rule - Do not advertise, edited to remove link
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 13, 2022, 08:45:03 AM
Gosh can we take that as a compliment since you are with us most of the time? Thank you very much - I might get that framed.  Dancing
No you can't take it as a complement, and I am not on this forum most of the time.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2022, 08:41:23 AM
I joined it, but I will never post in it, far too many trolls and generally nasty people in, it banned from other forums.
Gosh can we take that as a compliment since you are with us most of the time? Thank you very much - I might get that framed.  Dancing

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on December 13, 2022, 06:43:38 AM
I do post on the other forum as do several other members here, but it is more of a jungle there and I prefer this one. I tend to go there only when it is quiet here with nothing new to respond to. I tend to exhaust this forum first before resorting to that one.
I joined it, but I will never post in it, far too many trolls and generally nasty people in, it banned from other forums.

srb7677

I do post on the other forum as do several other members here, but it is more of a jungle there and I prefer this one. I tend to go there only when it is quiet here with nothing new to respond to. I tend to exhaust this forum first before resorting to that one.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: Nick on November 06, 2022, 05:47:29 PM
ukpoliticsdebate.com

ukpoliticsdebate.net

ukpoliticsdebate.co.uk

Look familiar?
That third domain would probably be better for SEO?
Anyway, I'd just like to let you all know that the other forum is still there, however it is not all it seems. It's a free forum, which means either someone is paying (like Nick, thank you) or in the other forum case, you are the product for advertising. It also means that proboards get to choose what is allowed or not. And can they ever own the posts and database? They talk about freedom of speech, but it's an illusion.

This forum has allowed all sorts of views and continues to do so. I won't be posting on said "Other Forum" and "Steve K's" old ukdebate2 forum is well and truly decimated. So every cloud has a silver lining.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on November 06, 2022, 08:23:28 PM
That's clearing cookies and clearing cache.
Sounds like an 80's cop series ;)  
Cookies and Cache.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: patman post on November 06, 2022, 04:35:41 PM
Easy — except I have iMac and iPad and (rarely used for posting) iPhone, and use both Safari and Firefox.

Nevertheless, for Safari, I clicked manage website data. Selected website, then clicked remove.

For Firefox, it was a bit more complicated. I opened Browser, clicked Options, chose Privacy and Security, went to Cookies and Site Data and clicked Manage Data, selected site, clicked Remove and then Save Changes.

So, for a while, I reckon I'd deleted all stored data on pol-tics.com. There may be easier ways of doing it, but it seems to have worked...
That's clearing cookies and clearing cache. 
† The end is nigh †

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 06, 2022, 05:22:48 PM
We have over a hundred members, but the politics forum business is a bit slow at the moment. Our 3 sister forums are the same.
What three sister forums please?