Main Menu

Another forum

Started by srb7677, November 01, 2022, 10:30:47 AM

« previous - next »

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on January 08, 2023, 08:58:33 AM
That is NOT good moderation at all. That you think it is shows a lot about you.

Yes.
It shows that I can respect other people to have differing political opinions to my own.
That I wish to live in a society that not only tolerates this but expects it to be the social norm.
That I am both able and willing to engage with people in civil discourse without any expectation whatsoever of their agreement with my points of view or I theirs.

That when I lose an argument or get banned from a forum for being an arse, I don't try and take it further and f**k people over in real life to the maximum of my ability because they said something I find to be disagreeable.
(Or as is more truthful, because I hold prejudices that I am unwilling to overcome).

If you cannot control your malicious urges, you must be censored from civil society. For the protection of that society.

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on January 08, 2023, 08:03:11 AM
Which is why good moderation bans people who call the police on others.

That is NOT good moderation at all. That you think it is shows a lot about you.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on January 05, 2023, 09:08:18 AM
The ignore feature does not stop the abuse, bullying and nasty comments. (I have no idea what FOMO is.)

The other forum has got at least one very nasty person on it. If I were the National Crime Agency I would be getting a warrant to search their home and computer.

Which is why good moderation bans people who call the police on others.
Some people are total nutbags and take what you are feeling too far.

Two posters on this forum have called the police on other posters. (That I am aware of).
At least one of them got banned. (And then reported the moderator to the police). The other was a moderator himself, who thankfully didn't last long in that role.
Both of those posters can be found on the other board.

When you are calling people neo Nazi's and especially when you genuinely believe it when you say it, you deserve their abuse.
That is the correct social response to such anti social behaviour. Insult begets insult.

The internet will expose you to other people. If you are not well adjusted enough to be exposed to other people, society will censor you.
This typically begins with the piss taking of you. But ultimately it ends in incarceration if you are not empathic enough to pick up on those social indicators and moderate your behaviour accordingly.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 05, 2023, 06:09:32 PM
I can't complain to non existent moderators.

Quite.

If you insist on talking to people that don't exist, don't be surprised if you get a few odd looks
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 05, 2023, 05:37:14 PM
But we don't have moderators anymore, so stop complaining.

:)
I can't complain to non existent moderators.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 05, 2023, 05:07:00 PM
The moderators of this forum. (When there were moderators.)

But we don't have moderators anymore, so stop complaining.

:)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 05, 2023, 04:15:29 PM
By whom?
The moderators of this forum. (When there were moderators.)

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 05, 2023, 09:08:18 AM
The ignore feature does not stop the abuse, bullying and nasty comments. (I have no idea what FOMO is.)

The other forum has got at least one very nasty person on it. If I were the National Crime Agency I would be getting a warrant to search their home and computer.
Well don't complain.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 04, 2023, 10:05:51 PM
You've been told to use the ignore feature and have refused cause you suffer from FOMO. Nobody will care two hoots about it.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2023, 01:49:24 PM
No it is not at all, the trolls and bullies are still operating freely. (Mainly due to bad moderation.)
You've been told to use the ignore feature and have refused cause you suffer from FOMO. Nobody will care two hoots about it. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 04, 2023, 01:38:17 PM
These days the internet is policed better
No it is not at all, the trolls and bullies are still operating freely. (Mainly due to bad moderation.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2023, 01:06:15 PM
There has been more than one case and also removal of internet access is not rare. (It is not about "spats." ) It is about long term harassment, bullying and trolling.
Thats all last years news Papa . These days the internet is policed better (a relative of mine does it as a job for one of the bigger social media platforms ) You basically get one warning ,there is nothing long term about it . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 04, 2023, 01:03:31 PM
Extreme case that if I recall , they are not bothered with spats
There has been more than one case and also removal of internet access is not rare. (It is not about "spats." ) It is about long term harassment, bullying and trolling.