Are you a phone addict?

Started by cromwell, November 02, 2022, 03:11:17 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

I am definitely not a phone addict. I do have a smart phone but I only use it when I need to. I never use it for emails or internet searches. Whatsapp is usesful though.

If I need to find stuff out, I make a mental note and look it up later on my PC at home.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: Red Rackham on November 10, 2022, 06:18:09 PM
I'm a generous centre right sort of a chap at heart. It's what I am, a caring centre right Conservative. :)
You'll fit in just fine lol
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Red Rackham

Quote from: srb7677 on November 09, 2022, 11:45:23 AM
Judging by his politics, I rather suspect he is, lol
If there's one thing worse than being bitter, it's being a bitter lefty and it must be said, it's something you lefties do so well. You have my sympathy, not all of it, in fact not much of it. You have just a little bit of my sympathy because I pity you. See, I'm a generous centre right sort of a chap at heart. It's what I am, a caring centre right Conservative. :)

Red Rackham

Quote from: Barry on November 09, 2022, 09:08:47 AM
Hi Red Rackham, are you the forum dinosaur? - we need at least one.
"Hi-diddily-ho neighborino"

Yes it would appear I am indeed a dinosaur, who knew lol

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on November 09, 2022, 09:08:47 AM
Hi Red Rackham, are you the forum dinosaur? - we need at least one.
Judging by his politics, I rather suspect he is, lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Hi Red Rackham, are you the forum dinosaur? - we need at least one.
† The end is nigh †

Red Rackham

Quote from: cromwell on November 02, 2022, 03:11:17 PM
Had to go in to Manchester city Centre today (unfortunately) dropped my wife off for her appointment then had to navigate the array of road closed,buses?taxis only no entry?left?right turn or roads only open to ordinary traffic in the middle of the night and the warning of cameras to relieve you of your cash because bloody Burnham failed to get his congestion charge (yet) so needs revenue elsewhere.

Anyway once parked up and people watching I was struck by the numbers nattering on or perusing their phones whilst riding bikes crossing the road or attempting to navigate the pavements with some rather funny fails.

I have endless minutes on my phone but hardly use any,my wife says I'm abrupt.....Yes/No.thanks goodbye ;)

Are you addicted to yours.
No, I am not a phone addict. I am one of the rare people who refuse to acquiesce, I will not carry a handheld tracker. I do not want 24/7 connectivity or to be contactable at any time of the night or day. People sometimes ask for my phone number, I start to tell them, after a few digits they look up and say, is that a mobile number? No, I say, it's a landline. They laugh and say, oh right, can I have your mobile number. (This is where it gets funny) I tell them I haven't got one. The laughing stops, they usually look at me in silence unsure what to say. I can see them thinking, is he joking? I assure them I'm quite serious. I also use cash quite a lot and refuse to sign up to store loyalty cards.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on November 03, 2022, 09:25:34 PM
Hong Kong Phoey lol

Rosemary , I wonder how much wieght she put on in her 60's 

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 03, 2022, 07:13:41 PM
The Mrs was GPO trained on the international switchboard  circa 1976 ,it was probably easier than it seemed ;D
Hong Kong Phoey lol

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on November 03, 2022, 05:50:29 PM
When I was in Oz and the world was young, the Chief engineer rang home to the UK. The call was booked two days ahead and we all gathered round to watch because, to be honest, we didn't think it was possible.

:)
The Mrs was GPO trained on the international switchboard  circa 1976 ,it was probably easier than it seemed ;D

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 03, 2022, 05:31:03 AM
Some of these new types iphone thingy's are quite amazing to be fair . I was having a hack round the local golfcourse with a mate and his brothers grandson from Australia . As we waited on the tee about half way round for the old farts up front to get a move on the lad suddenly says to my mate , Hey Jimmy , Pops wants a word with you .  He had called up his grandad on the gold coast  and they proceeded to have a chat .
You could even see his face on the screen !  We have certainly come a long way since having to go down the local phone box to make a call or in my case (we was right posh we were ) knocking on the nieghbours door to tell them they had a call on our state of the art phone

When I was in Oz and the world was young, the Chief engineer rang home to the UK. The call was booked two days ahead and we all gathered round to watch because, to be honest, we didn't think it was possible.

:)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 03, 2022, 08:44:37 AM
It isn't boring Nick, your lack of knowledge of current affairs and other issues is (expletive deleted,) annoying.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 02, 2022, 08:53:41 PM

It isn't boring Nick, your lack of knowledge of current affairs and other issues is (expletive deleted,) annoying.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on November 02, 2022, 08:24:58 PM
I won't be flying home from here until 15th Dec, admittedly I've got my lad with me on this trip but he only says something every 3 days so I might as well be on my own. I will be off to China around the 11th Jan next year for 3 months so my phone is a lifeline back to home and someone to talk to. I guess we all have varying needs when it comes to phones.
Some of these new types iphone thingy's are quite amazing to be fair . I was having a hack round the local golfcourse with a mate and his brothers grandson from Australia . As we waited on the tee about half way round for the old farts up front to get a move on the lad suddenly says to my mate , Hey Jimmy , Pops wants a word with you .  He had called up his grandad on the gold coast  and they proceeded to have a chat . 
You could even see his face on the screen !   We have certainly come a long way since having to go down the local phone box to make a call or in my case (we was right posh we were ) knocking on the nieghbours door to tell them they had a call on our state of the art phone