one in six people in England and Wales were born outside the UK.

Started by papasmurf, November 03, 2022, 09:42:42 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 11, 2022, 10:20:54 PM
[highlight]What happen to my response to this...?[/highlight]

PS — I have no record because I didn't think it would be needed
Nothing to do with MODS, I just checked the LOGS and only 1 post deleted on the 11th and it wasn't posted by you.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

What happen to my response to this...?

PS — I have no record because I didn't think it would be needed
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 11, 2022, 05:41:19 PM
Truss as PM and Hancock eating kangaroo testicles must make you proud as you see the current pinnacles of white-face achievement. And one being entitled to £100,000+ per annum expenses for 44 days work, and the other getting a rumoured £400,000, must also make you glow to realise how they're playing the system.

And all without facing the dangers of tramping the Belize border...
Truss and Hancock got to be MP's through hard work, they climbed up the greasy pole, they didn't get to use the lift cause Alicia Dixon wanted a few more brothers and sisters on the box. 
As for the money, sounds like the monster is in town, if you do a degree in journalism you could be the first person with green skin on tv. 

T00ts

patman post

Quote from: Nick on November 11, 2022, 05:33:10 PM
The new non-white faces on tv must be so proud that they have been elevated beyond their skill level, positive discrimination is alive and well. You should consider opening a McDonald's judging by the amount of chips on your shoulders.
Truss as PM and Hancock eating kangaroo testicles must make you proud as you see the current pinnacles of white-face achievement. And one being entitled to £100,000+ per annum expenses for 44 days work, and the other getting a rumoured £400,000, must also make you glow to realise how they're playing the system.

And all without facing the dangers of tramping the Belize border...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 11, 2022, 03:42:30 PM
Non-EU immigration exceeded EU immigration for years, and it was down to the UK to control it.

Even the NF, BNP, EDL, Powell couldn't stir government into effective action — and though no UK government was pro immigration — they simply could never formulate a workable immigration plan.

BTW, I'm still waiting for the whip Enoch promised. But I doubt I'll need it now the '50s Notting Hill, KBW scrawled over the tube, and petrol poured through the letter box are behind us, and I see more non-White faces on TV and in the pages of the news media...
The new non-white faces on tv must be so proud that they have been elevated beyond their skill level, positive discrimination is alive and well. You should consider opening a McDonald's judging by the amount of chips on your shoulders. 

patman post

Quote from: Red Rackham on November 11, 2022, 02:42:37 AM
It's a real worry, we are being overrun at a faster rate than at any time in our history. It's madness, as the great man Enoch Powell said, "We must be mad, literally mad". Never was a truer word spoken. And that was in 1968 when the population was c55 million. Today it's nearly 69 million, such a rate of population growth is unprecedented, and as much as outraged lefties will deny it, it's due to the EU and mass immigration.
Non-EU immigration exceeded EU immigration for years, and it was down to the UK to control it.

Even the NF, BNP, EDL, Powell couldn't stir government into effective action — and though no UK government was pro immigration — they simply could never formulate a workable immigration plan.

BTW, I'm still waiting for the whip Enoch promised. But I doubt I'll need it now the '50s Notting Hill, KBW scrawled over the tube, and petrol poured through the letter box are behind us, and I see more non-White faces on TV and in the pages of the news media...

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 11, 2022, 10:25:52 AM
Thats a job for the Drug enforcment agencies  not  the combined forces of NATO .
The UK, and I assume other countries, spend plenty on their military (the UK currently shells out over £40bn a year). Why shouldn't that money also be routinely used for civil good rather than ring fencing it almost exclusively for Defence?

I've thought for years that this country could benefit from regularising the joint use of its emergency and defence services rather than compartmentalising them until an overwhelming event causes a hurried call for extra help.

I see no reason why border control, coastguard, NHS services, etc, shouldn't regularly use military personnel and (where appropriate) systems and equipment. Regular coordination and familiarisation of personnel for the different state civilian services would help in such operations as civil emergencies, drug smuggling, people trafficking, etc...

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on November 11, 2022, 10:07:05 AM
Oh, I don't know. The amount of drugs coming out of Afghanistan is a bit of a threat.
Thats a job for the Drug enforcment agencies  not  the combined forces of NATO . 

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on November 11, 2022, 10:05:33 AM
And who's fault was that? The git that should be in jail for war crimes.
This doesn't happen often but I agree with you.

I must point out though that at the time in parliament the Tories were far more solidly behind what Blair was doing than much of his own party was. So I suspect same thing would have happened if they'd been in power.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 11, 2022, 09:58:46 AM
Nor was Afganistan any threat but someone had to pay and the Saudis are untouchable .
Oh, I don't know. The amount of drugs coming out of Afghanistan is a bit of a threat.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 11, 2022, 09:25:15 AM
It's also due to us screwing up parts of the world many of them are fleeing from.

British boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan helping to screw over and destabilise such places ended up being the prelude to mass outward migration.

Saddam Hussein was a c***, but he kept the real dangerous people down and was no threat to us, and there was no mass fleeing from the country until we and the yanks waded in and created a screw up.
And who's fault was that? The git that should be in jail for war crimes.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on November 11, 2022, 09:25:15 AM
It's also due to BLAIR  screwing up parts of the world many of them are fleeing from.

British boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan helping to screw over and destabilise such places ended up being the prelude to mass outward migration.

Saddam Hussein was a c***, but he kept the real dangerous people down and was no threat to us, and there was no mass fleeing from the country until BLAIR  and the yanks waded in and created a screw up.
Nor was Afganistan any threat but someone had to pay and the Saudis are untouchable . 

srb7677

Quote from: Red Rackham on November 11, 2022, 02:42:37 AM
It's a real worry, we are being overrun at a faster rate than at any time in our history. It's madness, as the great man Enoch Powell said, "We must be mad, literally mad". Never was a truer word spoken. And that was in 1968 when the population was c55 million. Today it's nearly 69 million, such a rate of population growth is unprecedented, and as much as outraged lefties will deny it, it's due to the EU and mass immigration.
It's also due to us screwing up parts of the world many of them are fleeing from.

British boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan helping to screw over and destabilise such places ended up being the prelude to mass outward migration.

Saddam Hussein was a c***, but he kept the real dangerous people down and was no threat to us, and there was no mass fleeing from the country until we and the yanks waded in and created a screw up.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Red Rackham

Quote from: papasmurf on November 03, 2022, 09:42:42 AM
This does not look like controlling immigration to me:-

More at link:-

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/internationalmigrationenglandandwales/census2021#:~:text=Out%20of%20the%2059.6%20million,were%20born%20outside%20the%20UK.

Out of the 59.6 million usual residents in England and Wales in 2021, 49.6 million (83.2%) were born in the UK and 10.0 million (16.8%) were born outside the UK. This means that about one in six people in England and Wales were born outside the UK. The size of the non-UK born population has risen since 2011, when it was 7.5 million (13.4%).

Those born in the European Union (EU) made up 3.6 million (36.4% of all non-UK born usual residents) of the population, an increase from 2.5 million (32.7%) in 2011 (including Croatia, who joined the EU in 2013). The remaining 6.4 million (63.6%) were born outside the EU, up from 5.1 million (67.3%) in 2011.