Manchester Arena Bomb enquiry

Started by cromwell, November 03, 2022, 06:24:33 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 04, 2022, 02:40:44 PM
They were kids  ,their safety should have taken preference .
I can't comment about that incident.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2022, 09:29:48 AM
I can't comment about that particular incident, but usually in bomb related incidents, the area has to be checked for secondary devices that are often used to kill rescue/medical/police personnel. (Also making sure an area is safe is a priority in many incidents including road accidents.\0
They were kids  ,their safety should have taken preference .

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2022, 09:29:48 AM
I can't comment about that particular incident, but usually in bomb related incidents, the area has to be checked for secondary devices that are often used to kill rescue/medical/police personnel. (Also making sure an area is safe is a priority in many incidents including road accidents.\0
When those tactics are employed the initial blast is usually a very minor one, designed to get everyone to flock to the emergency services and then they blow the main bomb. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 03, 2022, 10:21:07 PM
Firefighters and paramedics being held back from doing their jobs is quite unbelievable to me but sadly it is
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on November 03, 2022, 06:24:33 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-63500472

Pretty damning
Firefighters who said sod this we're going anyway were told "you deploy and you will be sacked"

I believe someone has said "Lessons have been learned" that from past history of many cock ups should be a phrase banned in the English language.
The answer to that should have been 'sack me then '  . I know from personel experiance that when the adrenalin kicks in you just do it and sod the consequences . Maybe that puts you in danger but these guys are trained and should have been free to do what their instincts were telling them .
Firefighters and paramedics being held back from doing their jobs is quite unbelievable to me but sadly it is 

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on November 03, 2022, 09:54:33 PM
There were co-conspirators, which of course, you know.
Who was not the bomber.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on November 03, 2022, 09:43:16 PM
You've not thought this through.

Nick by the very term suicide bomber even if I agreed how do you execute someone who is already dead?
There were co-conspirators, which of course, you know.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 03, 2022, 09:37:52 PM
2 simple ways:

Absolute closure for her parents, knowing they will never ever get that call explaining why the person that took their daughters life is being released on Monday. 

Deterrent: Other radicals will think long and hard knowing before following suit.
You've not thought this through.

Nick by the very term suicide bomber even if I agreed how do you execute someone who is already dead?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on November 03, 2022, 09:32:29 PM
No Nick I've been opposed to capital punishment all my adult life,how will killing someone help?
2 simple ways:

Absolute closure for her parents, knowing they will never ever get that call explaining why the person that took their daughters life is being released on Monday.  

Deterrent: Other radicals will think long and hard knowing before following suit. 

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on November 03, 2022, 09:28:24 PM
Don't you think the days of heroes has gone? Health and safety is the first consideration in so many situations. Haven't we heard of people drowning just because police or whoever didn't have the optimum equipment on hand?
Absolutely not, hero's manifest them selves under the most challenging circumstances. Watch Ricky Gervais's AfterLife, it will fill you with hope. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 03, 2022, 09:11:06 PM
Saffie, the youngest victim lived a few miles from me, I remember the ribbons everywhere to remember her. Reports suggesting she might have been saved if responses were quicker just breaks my heart, capital punishment anyone?
No Nick I've been opposed to capital punishment all my adult life,how will killing someone help?

T00ts

Don't you think the days of heroes has gone? Health and safety is the first consideration in so many situations. Haven't we heard of people drowning just because police or whoever didn't have the optimum equipment on hand? 

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on November 03, 2022, 06:24:33 PM

Pretty damning
Firefighters who said sod this we're going anyway were told "you deploy and you will be sacked"

I believe someone has said "Lessons have been learned" that from past history of many cock ups should be a phrase banned in the English language.
Saffie, the youngest victim lived a few miles from me, I remember the ribbons everywhere to remember her. Reports suggesting she might have been saved if responses were quicker just breaks my heart, capital punishment anyone?

cromwell

Pretty damning