Main Menu

Nurses to strike

Started by cromwell, November 07, 2022, 08:30:49 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on November 09, 2022, 06:16:26 PM
Soldiers aren't going on strike and I think they're more deserving of a pay rise.
How is that not relative?
Well I think you need to start a thread about better pay for soldiers then. This one is about striking nurses. I would no doubt agree with you if you started such a thread. One of my own nephews is a serving soldier. In trying to make a thread about nurses about soldiers you are de facto derailing it. It is a separate issue. 

Or do you think anyone paid more than a soldier is overpaid? Funny that because I am sure I can recall you justifying fat cat salaries in the past. Do you think you deserve to be paid much more than a soldier? You don't get shot at for it either after all and earn a damned sight more than nurses do. What makes you so much more deserving than them?

If soldiers are paid less than nurses this clearly proves that soldiers are underpaid not nurses overpaid. And the fact is it is now far easier to recruit soldiers for the army than it is to recruit nurses for the NHS. The former do not have to rack up massive university debts for one thing. There is no shortage of soldiers. Whatever the numbers the powers that be deem necessary they seem to be able to recruit them.

Soldiering simply seems to be a far more attractive and adventurous vocation for those so inclined than nursing in the NHS.

But let's talk about nurses and discuss soldiers in a separate thread.

I will ignore any further discussions of soldiers and their pay in this thread going forwards.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 09, 2022, 04:33:57 PM
What has all this guff about who was in Belize shooting who got to do with nurses going on strike?

Can't a mod split that off into a separate topic? Because it has sweet FA to do with this one.
Soldiers aren't going on strike and I think they're more deserving of a pay rise. 
How is that not relative?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

What has all this guff about who was in Belize shooting who got to do with nurses going on strike?

Can't a mod split that off into a separate topic? Because it has sweet FA to do with this one.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 09, 2022, 03:36:55 PM
No, the relative who was there for a total of seven years.
And he told you he just shot several drug smugglers? 
ok, if you say so. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 09, 2022, 03:29:00 PM
And your extensive knowledge of jungle tactics tells you so does it?
No, the relative who was there for a total of seven years. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 09, 2022, 10:24:36 AM
I doubt that when it comes to special ops who had gone to another country and were away for months. (I think credible deniability is the phrase.)
And your extensive knowledge of jungle tactics tells you so does it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 09, 2022, 10:14:18 AM
My job was VHF, UHF radio and Sat comms, I was aware of every detachment, what locations they were operating in and what they were doing as I issued the frequencies to be used.
I doubt that when it comes to special ops who had gone to another country and were away for months. (I think credible deniability is the phrase.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 09, 2022, 09:14:03 AM
You obviously were not on the "team" who went out of Belize to carry out such operations, that lasted a long time for each operation.
My job was VHF, UHF radio and Sat comms, I was aware of every detachment, what locations they were operating in and what they were doing as I issued the frequencies to be used.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on November 09, 2022, 07:48:25 AM
What! I'm not talking of you when you were there this was earlier and the fact you didn't engage in drug patrols doesn't mean they didn't happen earlier and what has the sexual habits of the military to do with anything?

The bloke I speak of told me that's one of the reasons they were there and one engaged in.

Also by its very position it is not out of the way for the drugs trade.

https://www.cetri.be/Belize-on-Drug-Trafficking?lang=fr
I was explaining why I was having a one to one with the MO

Like I said, we were there to protect Belize from the Guats, we were not there to fight drug wars.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 09, 2022, 06:33:53 AM

I can only tell you that not once did I accompany anyone conducting drug patrols, 
You obviously were not on the "team" who went out of Belize to carry out such operations, that lasted a long time for each operation. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 09, 2022, 06:33:53 AM
Lets just say that young free and single lads will mingle with the local girls, when you arrive you had a chat with the MO who told you the do's and don't s. The F to F book (FF) contained the names of medically approved young ladies (the Do's), anyone else was a Don't.
We also got the usual pep talk about drugs and were shown the same old video showing graphic shots of people who had taken drugs cut with all kinds of nasty things.

It depends when you were told the info, they may not have known the real reason for being there, I was told about the incident a few years after the event.
I can only tell you that not once did I accompany anyone conducting drug patrols, in fact, you'll struggle to find any drug routes through Belize. Why send drugs out of your way through a region riddled with British soldier when you can continue your merry way north?
What! I'm not talking of you when you were there this was earlier and the fact you didn't engage in drug patrols doesn't mean they didn't happen earlier and what has the sexual habits of the military to do with anything?

The bloke I speak of told me that's one of the reasons they were there and one engaged in.

Also by its very position it is not out of the way for the drugs trade.

https://www.cetri.be/Belize-on-Drug-Trafficking?lang=fr
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on November 08, 2022, 10:43:05 PM
No I can't,have you a link?

I don't doubt what you were told but I also don't believe I was lied to.
Lets just say that young free and single lads will mingle with the local girls, when you arrive you had a chat with the MO who told you the do's and don't s. The F to F book (FF) contained the names of medically approved young ladies (the Do's), anyone else was a Don't.
We also got the usual pep talk about drugs and were shown the same old video showing graphic shots of people who had taken drugs cut with all kinds of nasty things.

It depends when you were told the info, they may not have known the real reason for being there, I was told about the incident a few years after the event.
I can only tell you that not once did I accompany anyone conducting drug patrols, in fact, you'll struggle to find any drug routes through Belize. Why send drugs out of your way through a region riddled with British soldier when you can continue your merry way north?

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 08, 2022, 09:08:34 PM
A propaganda story put out to ease tensions between the disputed territories. I was there in the late 80's on a short detachment to provide satcoms for the sneaky beaky's. The reason was that Guats were reportedly snatching young women, dragging them over the border and raping them multiple times over the course of a few weeks before dumping them back close to where they snatched her.
I heard about it and similar incidents from the MO over my induction on the FF book (you can research that your selves). The guy had a hostage girl in tow and drew a gun, he wad shot, no drugs involved I was told.
The unsavoury goings on were not something that was deemed reportable, drugs, believe it or not was the news believed to be more palatable.
No I can't,have you a link?

I don't doubt what you were told but I also don't believe I was lied to.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 08, 2022, 08:04:35 PM
Cheers for that link, it was several decades ago and my relative was based in Belize but went out of Belize operationally.
So he didn't shoot people in Belize? Under what rules of engagement did he fire upon civilians outside of a conflict in a foreign country? There are strict challenges that have to be adhered to, it isn't Predator you know.  

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on November 08, 2022, 07:22:31 PM
https://newint.org/features/2019/03/08/watch-why-did-british-army-kill-one-legged-man

From that link
A propaganda story put out to ease tensions between the disputed territories. I was there in the late 80's on a short detachment to provide satcoms for the sneaky beaky's. The reason was that Guats were reportedly snatching young women, dragging them over the border and raping them multiple times over the course of a few weeks before dumping them back close to where they snatched her.
I heard about it and similar incidents from the MO over my induction on the FF book (you can research that your selves). The guy had a hostage girl in tow and drew a gun, he wad shot, no drugs involved I was told.
The unsavoury goings on were not something that was deemed reportable, drugs, believe it or not was the news believed to be more palatable.

EDIT

Apologies to anyone that finds that disturbing, sometimes real life isn't nice.