Main Menu

Nurses to strike

Started by cromwell, November 07, 2022, 08:30:49 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 10, 2022, 08:10:10 AM
Nick like at least one other person on this forum you know precisely (expletive deleted,) all about banks and the people are being referred to them. The problem is after 12 years of Tory austerity massive increases in rent and the cost of living. Then there is the impending massive increases in Mortgage cost for millions.
I find your and one other person's comments offensive and wonder how anyone can be so ignorant and ill informed.
I know quite a lot about banks, it's where I store a bit of money.

Perhaps it would help if you understood a few things.

The government doesn't set interest rates, that's done independently by the BoE. It's based on inflation and currently the EU zone is 0.6% higher than the UK, The Netherlands is over 14%.

Government doesn't set rental prices, that would be the landlords. And just over a hundred quid a week for a 4 bed house is a damn site cheaper than my mortgage.

Government doesn't set the cost of living, it's based on interest rates and we've already established that the BoE controls that. Interest rates have been hovering at around half a percent for the last 10 years until a certain event, I wonder what it was.

Strange how Brexit waited over a year until a war broke out to do such damage.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 10, 2022, 05:14:09 AM
Does being a Christian mean you suddenly have to turn away from facts?
And as pointed out, the only people using food banks are those that prioritise other things in life above feeding them selves. If a nurse is having to use food banks, which I suggest is just left wing dross, they are clearly living beyond their means in other areas.
Nick like at least one other person on this forum you know precisely (expletive deleted,) all about banks and the people are being referred to them. The problem is after 12 years of Tory austerity massive increases in rent and the cost of living. Then there is the impending massive increases in Mortgage cost for millions.
I find your and one other person's comments offensive and wonder how anyone can be so ignorant and ill informed.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on November 10, 2022, 05:14:09 AM
And as pointed out, the only people using food banks are those that prioritise other things in life above feeding them selves.
That may well be true of some. But it is unlikely to be true of all.
Quote from: Nick on November 10, 2022, 05:14:09 AMIf a nurse is having to use food banks, which I suggest is just left wing dross, they are clearly living beyond their means in other areas. 
Well I have heard nurses calling into LBC in tears claiming to have been driven to use food banks. I don't think it was left wing dross I was hearing. And their means are getting ever less to the point where it is getting difficult to recruit and retain them.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 09, 2022, 08:24:32 PM
Volunteering to help those who are struggling would certainly be the Christian thing to do.

Perhaps he might consider that. Would Jesus turn away from them?

Barry is a Christian and like all good Christians should consider first and foremost what would Jesus think? And what would Jesus do?
Does being a Christian mean you suddenly have to turn away from facts?
And as pointed out, the only people using food banks are those that prioritise other things in life above feeding them selves. If a nurse is having to use food banks, which I suggest is just left wing dross, they are clearly living beyond their means in other areas. 

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on November 09, 2022, 10:13:21 PM
As you know nothing about what I have done as a volunteer since 2015, you probably best shut up with your baiting.
I was not trying to bait you, merely trying to lead you towards questioning your own lack of charity and negative presumptions about food bank users from a Christian perspective. Does your volunteering ever include food banks? You may well do more than enough in other areas so if this does not include food banks I do not criticise you for that. Though it would then mean your negative assumptions are not based upon any personal knowledge.

I actually have too much respect for you to want to bait you so you misunderstood my intent.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Is it a full moon tonight?

C'mon everybody Chillax
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on November 09, 2022, 08:24:32 PM
Volunteering to help those who are struggling would certainly be the Christian thing to do.

Barry is a Christian and like all good Christians should consider first and foremost what would Jesus think? And what would Jesus do?
As you know nothing about what I have done as a volunteer since 2015, you probably best shut up with your baiting.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on November 09, 2022, 08:15:41 PM
Barry you very obviously know (expletive deleted) all about those being referred to food banks. Frankly your comments are ill-informed lies and propaganda fuelled nonsense. I suggest you go and volunteer at a food bank.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 09, 2022, 07:50:30 PM
Nurses at food banks twaddle again.

Most people at food banks are inadequate at managing their finances, or
drug addicts,
gambling addicts
tobacco addicts
alcohol addicts

or perm any 2 from 3, but please give an example of a non politically activist nurse going to a food bank, Smurf.
Barry you very obviously know (expletive deleted) all about those being referred to food banks. Frankly your comments are ill-informed lies and propaganda fuelled nonsense. I suggest you go and volunteer at a food bank.

Barry

Nurses at food banks twaddle again.

Most people at food banks are inadequate at managing their finances, or
drug addicts,
gambling addicts
tobacco addicts
alcohol addicts

or perm any 2 from 3, but please give an example of a non politically activist nurse going to a food bank, Smurf.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 09, 2022, 07:09:45 PM
Says the man that derails more threads on this forum than everyone else put together.
I only respond to comments made by others.  Meanwhile thread related:-

https://news.sky.com/story/many-nurses-using-food-banks-because-of-a-broken-relationship-or-boiler-education-secretary-gillian-keegan-says-12742397
Many nurses needing to use food banks are doing so because of a broken "relationship or boiler", Education Secretary Gillian Keegan has suggested.
Ms Keegan told Sky News that "of course" she clapped for nurses during the pandemic.

But asked whether she is comfortable with nurses now being forced to use food banks, she replied: "Quite often when you go to food banks, something will have happened, you know, something will have broken down - either a relationship or boiler or anything.
"Usually they're in an emergency situation."

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 09, 2022, 06:30:31 PM
Well I think you need to start a thread about better pay for soldiers then. This one is about striking nurses. I would no doubt agree with you if you started such a thread. One of my own nephews is a serving soldier. In trying to make a thread about nurses about soldiers you are de facto derailing it. It is a separate issue.

Or do you think anyone paid more than a soldier is overpaid? Funny that because I am sure I can recall you justifying fat cat salaries in the past. Do you think you deserve to be paid much more than a soldier? You don't get shot at for it either after all and earn a damned sight more than nurses do. What makes you so much more deserving than them?

If soldiers are paid less than nurses this clearly proves that soldiers are underpaid not nurses overpaid. And the fact is it is now far easier to recruit soldiers for the army than it is to recruit nurses for the NHS. The former do not have to rack up massive university debts for one thing. There is no shortage of soldiers. Whatever the numbers the powers that be deem necessary they seem to be able to recruit them.

Soldiering simply seems to be a far more attractive and adventurous vocation for those so inclined than nursing in the NHS.

But let's talk about nurses and discuss soldiers in a separate thread.

I will ignore any further discussions of soldiers and their pay in this thread going forwards.
That's fine, do you agree that any negative reference to the state of the U.K. economy attributed to Brexit, that cannot be proven to be as a direct result or our withdrawal from the EU shall be moved to a sub-section? Or do you think there should be swings but no roundabouts?

So what you're saying is if you start a thread stating that you think Cod is the tastiest fish, the only debate is yes I agree or no I disagree? It's not open for debate to say I think Haddock is more tasty? Which is what I've done!!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 09, 2022, 06:44:11 PM
Nick was the one who went off on a tangent.
Says the man that derails more threads on this forum than everyone else put together. 

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on November 09, 2022, 06:44:11 PM
A fact which I pointed out.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on November 09, 2022, 04:33:57 PM
What has all this guff about who was in Belize shooting who got to do with nurses going on strike?

Can't a mod split that off into a separate topic? Because it has sweet FA to do with this one.