Main Menu

Nurses to strike

Started by cromwell, November 07, 2022, 08:30:49 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Mod Notice
Goading posters is not a good look.
Supporting working nurses isn't people sitting on their backsides.
Would be good if views were exchanged rather than insults
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on November 16, 2022, 04:43:54 AM

That said, you might be able to do to do something about the shortage of accommodation for nurses. You have a two bedroom cottage and a caravan. Why not make the former over to the NHS to house much needed staff and live in the latter?
I don't have a two bedroom cottage or a caravan. (Also my home is a long way away from where NHS staff need accommodation, their travel costs would be horrendous as would be the travelling time. ) 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

And you support anyone who would rather sit on their backsides rather than work.

Stop repeating that lie about me.

Nick

You don't respond, you whinge and sound like the silly old woman that you are. And you support anyone who would rather sit on their backsides rather than work.

That said, you might be able to do to do something about the shortage of accommodation for nurses. You have a two bedroom cottage and a caravan. Why not make the former over to the NHS to house much needed staff and live in the latter?
Excluding Germany whose figures are skewed by Merkel's antics, the U.K. has the highest net migration in the whole of Europe. Only a buffoon would not see that the U.K. is over populated. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2022, 09:38:31 AM
When someone makes nasty trolling ill inform statements I will respond. The nurses have threatened strike action for very good reasons, and I support them.

You don't respond, you whinge and sound like the silly old woman that you are. And you support anyone who would rather sit on their backsides rather than work.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2022, 09:38:31 AM
When someone makes nasty trolling ill inform statements I will respond. The nurses have threatened strike action for very good reasons, and I support them.
The same monotonous post you've been spewing out for years about anyone who has a different opinion to you. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2022, 05:54:58 PM
New  just appeared:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornwall-housing-crisis-bad-local-7821752

Cornwall housing crisis is so bad the local NHS is building housing for its staff
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is building the six units of accommodation in Redruth which will only be available to staff

NEWS
By
Richard WhitehouseLocal Democracy Reporter

• 15:02, 15 NOV 2022
The country is full, there is no more room to build houses, there is no more capacity in the NHS. Therefore we have a too many people in the country crisis, not a housing crisis. 

papasmurf

New  just appeared:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornwall-housing-crisis-bad-local-7821752

Cornwall housing crisis is so bad the local NHS is building housing for its staff
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is building the six units of accommodation in Redruth which will only be available to staff

NEWS
By
Richard WhitehouseLocal Democracy Reporter

• 15:02, 15 NOV 2022

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on November 15, 2022, 09:29:57 AM
He didn't do it single-handedly.

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on November 15, 2022, 09:21:07 AM

Maybe the thread title should be changed to "The whatever you want to talk about thread."
Nick derailed it.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on November 14, 2022, 04:35:47 PMTBF about as much as a lot posted already has to do with nurses going on strike.
To be honest I have given up on this thread for that very reason, and am not minded to contribute properly to it any further unless it returns to topic.

At the moment it seems to be about everything from who is shooting at who in Belize to the price of pears. 

I wouldn't be surprised if I rocked up here to see a debate about Scooby Doo, or a heated discussion about cricket.

Maybe the thread title should be changed to "The whatever you want to talk about thread." 
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on November 14, 2022, 03:00:18 PM
This thread is mental!
Don't know about the thread.but.............no I'll say no more. ;)

Quote from: Nick on November 14, 2022, 03:26:46 PM
What has that got to do with you not buying pears because they were too expensive then changing it to there weren't any?
TBF about as much as a lot posted already has to do with nurses going on strike. ::)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2022, 12:01:47 PM
Frankly you are getting close to reaching my not trying to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person limit.
I AM NOT LYING.  I already posted this link which you could not be bothered to read. (Brexit is now termed EUexit.)

https://committees.parliament.uk/event/15120/formal-meeting-oral-evidence-session/

https://committees.parliament.uk/oralevidence/11521/pdf/

Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Committee
Oral evidence: Food Security, HC 622
Tuesday 8 November 2022
What has that got to do with you not buying pears because they were too expensive then changing it to there weren't any?

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on November 14, 2022, 01:13:44 PM
They hide them from you Pappy.

Remember when Nick went on holiday to Cornwall and the local shops were bursting with the best of food and wine and then they saw you and said this lad does not do happiness so they cleared the shelves and just put out a loaf of moldy bread they had gotten from The Lizard Museum of Human Misery?

It is all a Tory plot

:)
This thread is mental!
† The end is nigh †