The impact

Started by Nick, November 07, 2022, 05:13:05 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 07, 2022, 08:23:00 PM
Aha, missed the . Out lol
It's exasperating when you do that :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on November 07, 2022, 07:37:23 PM
If the prices are in Rubles at 70 to the pound, they are comparable to European prices. We can get tuna at 70p for 105g tin, but it isn't the best quality.
Where did you get £280 from, Nick?
Aha, missed the . Out lol
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

11 minutes past 7 this evening. 

Nick

Quote from: Barry on November 07, 2022, 07:37:23 PM
If the prices are in Rubles at 70 to the pound, they are comparable to European prices. We can get tuna at 70p for 105g tin, but it isn't the best quality.
[highlight]Where did you get £280 from, Nick?[/highlight]
Out of my pocketses lol

199.99 py6 is £2.84, as you can see that's the cheaper one. I know you'll find this hard to believe buy they have a full section dedicated to Vodka and a litre of Русский стандарт is only £11.
I'll upload the full receipt for those who want a bit of Google translate practice.

Barry

Where did you get £280 from, Nick?
† The end is nigh †

Sampanviking

Quote from: patman post on November 07, 2022, 05:52:42 PM
The prices do appear steep, but what are the tickets priced in rubles, euros, dollars....?
Those prices look like Rubles to me. Just checked Trolley.co.uk and there is as expected a big difference between ultra low; cat wouldn't touch it, budget and premium brands.
Tesco do a very cheap can of flakes for 50p 3p per 100g) but the main range of popular brands is between £1 and £2 per 100g with one premium brand hitting £3.95 per 100g

If Tuna is regarded a luxury product for the affluent and only sold as a Premium product, maybe its not that much more?
Interesting to have a look at the price of more typical staples.

patman post

The prices do appear steep, but what are the tickets priced in rubles, euros, dollars....?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

As I reported, the shelves don't look particularly empty but...

£280 for a 55p Tesco of Tuna. Looks like something is biting.