Main Menu

Scrap rule 2.5?

Started by Barry, November 09, 2022, 04:31:29 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

As a mod/member my thoughts we are in a position where as mods we are damned whatever we do.

Borky might be surprised but as things stand now I agree with him.

Political forums are shrinking by number do we ditch all the rules? I think not but we are at some sort of crossroads so perhaps we should put this to the vote of long term members.

Regarding Nick I look and see he's coming in for some unfair criticism imo,ask him we don't always see eye to eye and I speak my mind and we openly disagree from time to time but he owns and runs this place for free to us and has put in a lot of work to make it as it is if you want to criticise ok but remember we are here for free and whatever comes or goes it's somewhere to air your thoughts and not a bad place to do so.

Make of that what you will.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on November 09, 2022, 06:25:26 PM
Threads get detailed on a daily basis by Remoaners.

Saw a dead cat at the side of the road today. That's Brexit for ya.
My local farmer put 15p on a pint of milk last week. That's Brexit for ya.
Couldn't get any of my non-patent drugs that come from the US. That's Brexit fir ya.

And your failure to understand what I meant by commitment shows your thought pattern .only points in one direction.
Leavers are just as bad.

Saw a dead cat at the side of the road today. That's Brussels for ya.
My local farmer put 15p on a pint of milk last week. That's Brussels for ya.
Couldn't get any of my non-patent drugs that come from the US. That's Brussels fir ya.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 09, 2022, 06:13:58 PM
Well your caricature is loaded from the start. Some of these poor people you accuse of lack of commitment work bloody hard, but your self-serving ignorance in such matters is well known. And banging on about whatever I feel like banging on about is fine as long as it fits in with the topic of the thread.

True we all go off on tangents sometimes, but we should be discouraged from totally derailing a thread with it.
Threads get detailed on a daily basis by Remoaners. 

Saw a dead cat at the side of the road today. That's Brexit for ya.
My local farmer put 15p on a pint of milk last week. That's Brexit for ya. 
Couldn't get any of my non-patent drugs that come from the US. That's Brexit fir ya. 

And your failure to understand what I meant by commitment shows your thought pattern only points in one direction. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on November 09, 2022, 04:31:29 PM
It does seem that many people have a problem with this rule.

Would it be best to scrap it, as infractions are really not nice? We could then have a free for all in every thread.
After all, there's a very good search facility, so no problem finding stuff.

Good idea.

All interesting conversations drift after a bit and are none the worse for that.
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on November 09, 2022, 06:07:37 PM
You're such a hoot Steve, almost 3 years I've run the forum and only in the last 3 days have I ever mentioned Belize. Shall we dig into how long you've been jawin on about poor people and making the richer and more competent pay for their lack of effort and commitment?

You deserved that.

BTW, not my rule, blame Barry, I inherit it from him.

Waits for similar response from Barry lol
Well your caricature is loaded from the start. Some of these poor people you accuse of lack of commitment work bloody hard, but your self-serving ignorance in such matters is well known. And banging on about whatever I feel like banging on about is fine as long as it fits in with the topic of the thread.

True we all go off on tangents sometimes, but we should be discouraged from totally derailing a thread with it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 09, 2022, 04:44:27 PM
The problem is this rule seems to being blatantly ignored by the Admin himself.

Whether I go to threads about striking nurses or oil protesters I find Nick banging on about soldiers getting shot at in Belize.

I seriously think he should start a thread dedicated to the subject if he needs to talk about it so much instead of derailing every other one.

And yes we all go off on tangents sometimes. I myself have been guilty as charged. But mods should be interveining if this goes too far and guiding the thread back on topic.

But when the Admin himself is behaving as the worst offender and not respecting his own rule, then we have a problem with the rules and their enforcement right there.
You're such a hoot Steve, almost 3 years I've run the forum and only in the last 3 days have I ever mentioned Belize. Shall we dig into how long you've been jawin on about poor people and making the richer and more competent pay for their lack of effort and commitment?

You deserved that.

BTW, not my rule, blame Barry, I inherit it from him. 

Waits for similar response from Barry lol
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Would it be best to scrap it, as infractions are really not nice? We could then have a free for all in every thread.
Be a shame to scrap it and stop the Mods from getting things back on track.

But I guess they feel a bit like the Tories under Boris — if he ignores the rules, who are we to try and enforce them on others.

However, I guess it's a case of he who pays the piper makes the rules...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

The problem is this rule seems to being blatantly ignored by the Admin himself.

Whether I go to threads about striking nurses or oil protesters I find Nick banging on about soldiers getting shot at in Belize.

I seriously think he should start a thread dedicated to the subject if he needs to talk about it so much instead of derailing every other one.

And yes we all go off on tangents sometimes. I myself have been guilty as charged. But mods should be interveining if this goes too far and guiding the thread back on topic.

But when the Admin himself is behaving as the worst offender and not respecting his own rule, then we have a problem with the rules and their enforcement right there.

Barry

QuoteRule 2.5. Any attempt to 'hijack' threads by posting off-topic may result in your post being removed. If you need to start a new thread then please do so, continuously breaking this important rule will result in infractions being given.

† The end is nigh †