Main Menu

New section?

Started by T00ts, November 11, 2022, 02:02:26 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on November 25, 2022, 06:46:20 PM
Sorry Toots.

A while back the rest of the board was calling your grandson a liar and I was defending him. But I will take your word for it and accept that he is rubbish.

Mine of course are wonderful
No they weren't just you doing your usual.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 25, 2022, 06:00:28 PM
Do you really have to be so disgusting?

Sorry Toots.

A while back the rest of the board was calling your grandson a liar and I was defending him. But I will take your word for it and accept that he is rubbish.

Mine of course are wonderful
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 25, 2022, 05:26:06 PM
Well true, but the problem is that one person's good news is someone else' bad.

A while back both Toots and I posted news about the achievements of our wonderful grandchildren and did you lot join in and cheer them to the echo? The f**k you did. All that happened were the usual whinges from posters who acted as though someone had shat in their cornflakes, something I would never do before it would be a waste of good shit

:)
Do you really have to be so disgusting? 

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on November 25, 2022, 06:59:28 AM
It would only work if it were non-political.

Otherwise someone would rock up with the notion that this or that policy was really good news and someone else would challenge that. Cue the same old political arguments all over again.

Political posts wouldn't work in a good news only section if the object is to avoid negative criticism creeping in.

I believe in any case that there is nothing stopping anyone from posting good news in other relevant parts of the forum.
Well true, but the problem is that one person's good news is someone else' bad.

A while back both Toots and I posted news about the achievements of our wonderful grandchildren and did you lot join in and cheer them to the echo? The F@@@ you did. All that happened were the usual whinges from posters who acted as though someone had shat in their cornflakes, something I would never do before it would be a waste of good shit

:)

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on November 25, 2022, 06:59:28 AM

That would be impossible.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on November 11, 2022, 02:02:26 PM
@Nick - what about a section for good/happy/positive news, political or otherwise?

Otherwise someone would rock up with the notion that this or that policy was really good news and someone else would challenge that. Cue the same old political arguments all over again.

Political posts wouldn't work in a good news only section if the object is to avoid negative criticism creeping in.

I believe in any case that there is nothing stopping anyone from posting good news in other relevant parts of the forum. 
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on November 11, 2022, 04:14:36 PM
Ease off kid.

You were educated in Hackney where you were mainly taught self pity. And even when your folks packed you off to Georgetown comprehensive to have some learning flogged into you, you only managed a degree in Advanced Filing.

Remember, a remainer loser may look at Kings and Queens, but he is still a remainer loser
Hackney education was so dire, it had to be taken in hand by the govt. Since then it's gained accolades for excellence — unfortunately not during the time I could benefit.

Uni was an enlightening time, and I think what UK universities offer is unique. And one of the most useful things I learned was the ability to question. Luckily, I also had the benefit of a British education, though not gained or then available in Britain...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on November 11, 2022, 05:03:17 PM
That just shows your class, or lack of.
Many of my classes were in an education system modelled on the British education system of some decades previously. Arriving back, and sampling London's education over a decade after having left it, shows how good some facets of colonisation may have been.

Just seems a pity the home team weren't allowed to benefit for longer...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 11, 2022, 02:20:02 PM
Proves the point that accusations of dumbing-down of GCSE needn't always be bad news...
That just shows your class, or lack of. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on November 11, 2022, 02:20:02 PM
Proves the point that accusations of dumbing-down of GCSE needn't always be bad news...

Ease off kid.

You were educated in Hackney where you were mainly taught self pity. And even when your folks packed you off to Georgetown comprehensive to have some learning flogged into you, you only managed a degree in Advanced Filing.

Remember, a remainer loser may look at Kings and Queens, but he is still a remainer loser
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on November 11, 2022, 02:09:36 PM
Good idea.

The grandson has just landed a job as a research assistant and he is only in his first year at Uni.

And (I know that I have mentioned this before, but it bears repeating), the eldest grand daughter has taken her Maths A level a year early and gotten an A*
And I suppose your formative years were spent viewing American rubbish where you picked up their poor attempts to speak English.

Reminds me of a mate who was in the merchant navy who whilst in the land of the loons took up with a girl who told him she was an English teacher,his response with a wry smile was "impossible you can hardly speak it"  :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 11, 2022, 02:09:36 PM
Good idea.

The grandson has just landed a job as a research assistant and he is only in his first year at Uni.

And (I know that I have mentioned this before, but it bears repeating), the eldest grand daughter has taken her Maths A level a year early and gotten an A*
As Legally blonde would say - snaps for Borchester's grandkids. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OViadirUIp8

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 11, 2022, 02:02:26 PM
@Nick - what about a section for good/happy/positive news, political or otherwise?

Good idea.

And (I know that I have mentioned this before, but it bears repeating), the eldest grand daughter has taken her Maths A level a year early and gotten an A*

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

@Nick - what about a section for good/happy/positive news, political or otherwise?