Food inflation reaches 16.4%

Started by papasmurf, November 16, 2022, 12:26:43 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 17, 2022, 08:14:58 AM
Nick again you are beyond the pale and in total ignorance of how little money after 12 years of Tory austerity millions have to live on.
You are yet another Marie Antoinette on the forum. (My (Tory,) MP is just as bad.)
If you want to be taken seriously...

Stop name calling, you do nothing but report posts for name calling. 
Stop calling people liars, you continuously say stuff with no foundation. 
Stop asking people for proof unless you're prepared to support your posts with links. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 17, 2022, 08:14:58 AM
Nick again you are beyond the pale and in total ignorance of how little money after 12 years of Tory austerity millions have to live on.
You are yet another Marie Antoinette on the forum. (My (Tory,) MP is just as bad.)
Do tell, how much do these millions have to spend on food, for a family of 4? 

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 17, 2022, 09:39:25 AM
Nah, I think that Pappy is just another Tory with an inflated sense of entitlement who thinks that cooking is beneath him and something poor folk should do for him :)
Mod Notice

Do leave the chap alone this is not even relevant to the post quoted.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 17, 2022, 09:28:39 AM
It is true I think that recent generations have been deprived of the ability to cook basic nutritious meals using items that are actually no longer in supermarkets. Supermarkets and factory produced food has become the norm for so many and add to that the takeaways or every sort imaginable has left far too many dependant.

The result has been people made fat by the questionable content found in food items that arrive from the factory floor and it has helped create the society that we have. We all know that manufactured food is mostly bad for us, perhaps this situation although traumatic, will cause some to look again at what they are eating and tough though it might appear some will tackle their obesity problem.

Nah, I think that Pappy is just another Tory with an inflated sense of entitlement who thinks that cooking is beneath him and something poor folk should do for him :)
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

It is true I think that recent generations have been deprived of the ability to cook basic nutritious meals using items that are actually no longer in supermarkets. Supermarkets and factory produced food has become the norm for so many and add to that the takeaways or every sort imaginable has left far too many dependant.

The result has been people made fat by the questionable content found in food items that arrive from the factory floor and it has helped create the society that we have. We all know that manufactured food is mostly bad for us, perhaps this situation although traumatic, will cause some to look again at what they are eating and tough though it might appear some will tackle their obesity problem.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 17, 2022, 06:02:47 AM
So you must be one of the countless households in this country that doesn't know how to budget or cook meals using fresh produce?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 16, 2022, 07:34:47 PM
Good grief you really are a reincarnation of Marie Antoinette, and more out of touch than Nick or my (Tory) MP.
So you must be one of the countless households in this country that doesn't know how to budget or cook meals using fresh produce?
A 20KG sack of spuds is about £10, maybe £12 down your way seeing as there is an apocalypse going on.
A tin of Corned Beef is about £3, a few Carrots are penny's, Leeks are cheap, Onions the same.
You're looking at a meal for six circa a quid a piece compare to going to Iceland and paying 3 or 4 times the price for a disgusting frozen dinner.
It's been said countless times that today's generations don't know anything about what used to be called home economics, it was a subject at school. The masses just look at the state and ask what are you doing about my situation, I think JFK covered that one.

Nick

Good grief you really are a reincarnation of Marie Antoinette, and more out of touch than Nick or my (Tory) MP.
What you mean is he adds substance to his opinion, unlike you that adds ZERO to any debate.

Streetwalker

8) When do I get my prize ?  

Borchester

You mean that it is cheaper to eat than to cook your own food?

Well if you say so Pappy.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 16, 2022, 05:47:11 PM
For sure and many will maybe eat better if cheaper ,cut out take aways and do some home cooking .
  But yes we are seeing large increases across the board that will fuel inflation further . Dont think we have seen the  end of the tunnel yet 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on November 16, 2022, 02:25:14 PM
I personally I not worried, but millions will be badly affected.
For sure and many will maybe eat better if cheaper ,cut out take aways and do some home cooking .
  But yes we are seeing large increases across the board that will fuel inflation further . Dont think we have seen the  end of the tunnel yet  

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 16, 2022, 02:15:52 PM
No point in worrying papa
I personally I not worried, but millions will be badly affected.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on November 16, 2022, 12:26:43 PM
This really is a worry but comes as no surprise to me. : -

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/bulletins/consumerpriceinflation/latest

Table 2: CPIH annual and monthly inflation rates by divisionUK, October 2021, September 2022 and October 2022
No point in worrying papa 

papasmurf

This really is a worry but comes as no surprise to me. : -

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/bulletins/consumerpriceinflation/latest

Table 2: CPIH annual and monthly inflation rates by divisionUK, October 2021, September 2022 and October 2022