Remember, very little will change for now.

Started by BeElBeeBub, January 29, 2020, 10:10:07 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15567 time=1580938224 user_id=61
Sorry Nick, I'll try keep it simple for you next time. Maybe you can explain how the UK will lower current prices on imported goods. How will the UK's much smaller market attract better deals. Dying to see how you work that one. Please describe how you factor in the all ready falling Stg. and future drops when the UK heads onto WTO. Dying to see how after taking back control the UK will strike these trade deals and hold onto this newly regained sovereignty, never having a 3rd country telling it what to do.

You and your country carry on being the bitch to the EU, we will show you how it's done.

As for your questions I'll answer them when you manage to string a sentence together without any spelling mistakes, that actually makes sense. Think you can do that?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick post_id=15558 time=1580935542 user_id=73
The ramblings of a madman.

Sorry Nick, I'll try keep it simple for you next time. Maybe you can explain how the UK will lower current prices on imported goods. How will the UK's much smaller market attract better deals. Dying to see how you work that one. Please describe how you factor in the all ready falling Stg. and future drops when the UK heads onto WTO. Dying to see how after taking back control the UK will strike these trade deals and hold onto this newly regained sovereignty, never having a 3rd country telling it what to do.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15556 time=1580935033 user_id=61
Again nick, the maths confuses you.

Part of the EU with FTA's

Leave and go to WTO (only country on the planet bar 1 doing this). High tariffs, EU equivalent price rise by X+Y

Use the power of 2.7T to get new trade deals. Some FTA's with quotas. Low tarriffs, EU equivalen price rise by X

UK ends up paying more. What it was paying as part of the EU+X. Trade deals bring higher prices.

The ramblings of a madman.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick post_id=15552 time=1580929195 user_id=73
Trade deals will bring lower prices, you explain why we won't get any trade deals.

Again nick, the maths confuses you.

Part of the EU with FTA's

Leave and go to WTO (only country on the planet bar 1 doing this). High tariffs, EU equivalent price rise by X+Y

Use the power of 2.7T to get new trade deals. Some FTA's with quotas. Low tarriffs, EU equivalen price rise by X

UK ends up paying more. What it was paying as part of the EU+X. Trade deals bring higher prices.

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=15391 time=1580841793 user_id=88
Can you explain how belief in your country translates into lower prices?

Trade deals will bring lower prices, you explain why we won't get any trade deals.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick post_id=15347 time=1580771087 user_id=73
I believe in my country, do you know any different?

Can you explain how belief in your country translates into lower prices?

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=15346 time=1580770235 user_id=88
how can you predict they will only be for the short term?

I believe in my country, do you know any different?

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick post_id=15343 time=1580766805 user_id=73
I'm more than happy with WTO and so are the majority who voted leave. This is what you perceive as a hit, I don't. If prices rise so be it, it will only be short term.

how can you predict they will only be for the short term?

Nick

Quote from: Conchúr post_id=15342 time=1580765317 user_id=83
Nick, you say you are prepared for a hit.  So how can you be prepared for a hit if you describe it in terms of what you perceive to be good things (bearing in mind both those examples have ample caveat)?

So again, what hits are you willing to accept ?

I'm more than happy with WTO and so are the majority who voted leave. This is what you perceive as a hit, I don't. If prices rise so be it, it will only be short term.

Conchúr

Quote from: Nick post_id=15325 time=1580759786 user_id=73
Well up to now the hit is involving 1000's of finance institutes moving their businesses to the City and Nissan concluding it is better off in the UK than the failing models in France and the like.

Nick, you say you are prepared for a hit.  So how can you be prepared for a hit if you describe it in terms of what you perceive to be good things (bearing in mind both those examples have ample caveat)?

So again, what hits are you willing to accept ?

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick post_id=15325 time=1580759786 user_id=73
Well up to now the hit is involving 1000's of finance institutes moving their businesses to the City and Nissan concluding it is better off in the UK than the failing models in France and the like.

oh dear.

The finance companies opening branches in the UK are doing so to serve the UK market

The finance companies moving from the UK to the EU are doing so to serve the EU market

We are swapping the big EU market for the smaller UK one.  It's an offset to the damage, not a benefit.

Regarding Nissan, i've covered that in depth here.

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=15217 time=1580723704 user_id=8

TLDR:  The Nissan report is not a plan, it's a scenario they modeled.  It required an unrealistic expansion of Nissan's market share from 4 to 20% just to preserve Sunderland as it is.

Nick

Quote from: Conchúr post_id=15318 time=1580757828 user_id=83
Yes but what kind of hit would you accept ? Has the government been upfront about the downsides of all this and where the "hits" might be ?  So far I've heard Boris say that this is all going to make the UK the "greatest country on earth" and that the UK is "on the cusp of a golden generation".  

Leavers keep telling us they're ready for a hit, but nobody seems able to detail what they actually mean by a "hit".  Who gets hurt in this hit? What gets lost? How bad does a hit have to be to accept an ideological compromise?

Conchúr

Quote from: Nick post_id=15313 time=1580754971 user_id=73
Finally the penny has dropped, but as we have told you countless times we are happy to take a hit in order to rid our selves of the EU. I feel we have been quite clear on this.

Yes but what kind of hit would you accept ? Has the government been upfront about the downsides of all this and where the "hits" might be ?  So far I've heard Boris say that this is all going to make the UK the "greatest country on earth" and that the UK is "on the cusp of a golden generation".  

Leavers keep telling us they're ready for a hit, but nobody seems able to detail what they actually mean by a "hit".  Who gets hurt in this hit? What gets lost? How bad does a hit have to be to accept an ideological compromise?

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=15213 time=1580721498 user_id=88
If I'm unable to tell what will happen, presumably neither can you.

If that is the case, how do you know that brexit will be good for the UK? Aren't you just making a leap in the dark because you don't know what will happen?

Finally the penny has dropped, but as we have told you countless times we are happy to take a hit in order to rid our selves of the EU. I feel we have been quite clear on this.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=15221 time=1580724264 user_id=48
No those are not comparable,you have no more idea of how the eu or this country in say ten years than I do,the state of the economy or the weaker med states,it's all speculation and you know it.

You can't discount unexpected consequences. eg if China doesn't get a handle on their current problems they are in for a tremendous financial battle. The markets are dropping like stone. This is going to have global consequences and will focus minds in a completely different way to the present.

Those countries in the EU already struggling and pretending everything is fine for the greater EU good will eventually annoy their respective electorates to such an extent that leaving could well rise up with new governments. People will only take so much and as the saying goes life should be for thriving not just for surviving. I think the whole thing is currently in the melting pot. We see it and I am pretty sure the EU see it. That's why they are so jittery.