Remember, very little will change for now.

Started by BeElBeeBub, January 29, 2020, 10:10:07 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=15220 time=1580724062 user_id=88
Because I believe that it is possible to make judgements based on predictions of what outcomes are likely for a given action.

It's Nick who says that isn't possible.

My point is the argument "nobody can see the future" is pointless. You just go around in a circle.

Do you not bother to go to work because "nobody knows what will happen if I don't"?

If you start coughing up blood and having dizzy spells, do you not bother seeing a doctor "nobody can predict what happens if I don't".

Of course not.  Those are self evidently daft statements.

No those are not comparable,you have no more idea of how the eu or this country in say ten years than I do,the state of the economy or the weaker med states,it's all speculation and you know it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: cromwell post_id=15214 time=1580721901 user_id=48
And if that's the case how can you support saying remain is a better option?

Because I believe that it is possible to make judgements based on predictions of what outcomes are likely for a given action.

It's Nick who says that isn't possible.

My point is the argument "nobody can see the future" is pointless. You just go around in a circle.

Do you not bother to go to work because "nobody knows what will happen if I don't"?

If you start coughing up blood and having dizzy spells, do you not bother seeing a doctor "nobody can predict what happens if I don't".

Of course not.  Those are self evidently daft statements.

cromwell

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=15213 time=1580721498 user_id=88
If I'm unable to tell what will happen, presumably neither can you.

If that is the case, how do you know that brexit will be good for the UK? Aren't you just making a leap in the dark because you don't know what will happen?

And if that's the case how can you support saying remain is a better option?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick post_id=15135 time=1580665974 user_id=73
I'm not burying my head, you keep coming out with nonsense. Cliff edge! Just more made up stuff, you don't know what will happen.

If I'm unable to tell what will happen, presumably neither can you.

If that is the case, how do you know that brexit will be good for the UK? Aren't you just making a leap in the dark because you don't know what will happen?

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=15080 time=1580658967 user_id=88
that's one year old news, maybe the Portuguese government's position has remained the same or maybe it hasn't.

Regardless, they may open dedicated lines but, as schegen members, they still have to apply the same checks as they do with any other visa waiver country.

Still, as of right now nothing has changed, which is the point.

You can keep buying your head in the sand but, unless BJ does an about face (always a possibility admittedly) there will still be a cliff edge come 2021.

I'm not burying my head, you keep coming out with nonsense. Cliff edge! Just more made up stuff, you don't know what will happen.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick post_id=15032 time=1580634679 user_id=73
You have no idea what will happen same as everyone else, you're just applying your wish list politics to it. Portugal has already stated it will have dedicated lines for UK citizens, and my guess Spain will do the same to keep the tourists coming.

Even if it takes me half an hour to enter like the States I don't care, it's a small price to pay for freedom. That is the bit you just don't want to accept, we are happy to take the pain, it is well worth it.
that's one year old news, maybe the Portuguese government's position has remained the same or maybe it hasn't.

Regardless, they may open dedicated lines but, as schegen members, they still have to apply the same checks as they do with any other visa waiver country.

Still, as of right now nothing has changed, which is the point.

You can keep buying your head in the sand but, unless BJ does an about face (always a possibility admittedly) there will still be a cliff edge come 2021.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=14959 time=1580563913 user_id=51
Well, I doubt 70,000 English civilians will be killed by Boris and his government, but you never know!  :roll:

The number went well past that years ago. Boris has thus far taken no action to stop it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=15012 time=1580590499 user_id=88
The gov is telling you what we've been telling you for years.

You refused to believe us before.

It is extremely unlikely (basically the UK would have to agree to FoM in the final agreement) that UK citz will be able to use the EU/EEA/CH only line.

We will have to queue like everyone else, regardless of the colour of our passports.

You have no idea what will happen same as everyone else, you're just applying your wish list politics to it. Portugal has already stated it will have dedicated lines for UK citizens, and my guess Spain will do the same to keep the tourists coming.

Even if it takes me half an hour to enter like the States I don't care, it's a small price to pay for freedom. That is the bit you just don't want to accept, we are happy to take the pain, it is well worth it.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick post_id=14864 time=1580504957 user_id=73
So you're now acknowledging that the government knows what it is doing?

The gov is telling you what we've been telling you for years.

You refused to believe us before.

It is extremely unlikely (basically the UK would have to agree to FoM in the final agreement) that UK citz will be able to use the EU/EEA/CH only line.

We will have to queue like everyone else, regardless of the colour of our passports.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14955 time=1580562989 user_id=89
My opinion is based on their documented history. Boris is an untrustworthy lying bastard. He is now doing a Trump, by selecting "yes men" journalists to attend press conferences and bar others.

That is probably why no mention of the hostile reception he got in Sunderland in the press/media.

Your opinion is based on unqualified hatred. You're a Labour voter and that is that. Therefore it means nothing and should be disregarded as nonsense.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14963 time=1580564619 user_id=54
Then retract it -  it was beneath you. You could have easily referred to WW2 instead.

I will NOT retract something I seriously expect to happen. The same view has been expressed on national TV current affairs programs.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14958 time=1580563539 user_id=89
I am commenting on to the damage to Britain, nothing else.

Then retract it -  it was beneath you. You could have easily referred to WW2 instead.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14958 time=1580563539 user_id=89

Well, I doubt 70,000 English civilians will be killed by Boris and his government, but you never know!  :roll:
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14957 time=1580563377 user_id=54
Maybe but that still doesn't justify your comparison to Hitler.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14955 time=1580562989 user_id=89
My opinion is based on their documented history. Boris is an untrustworthy lying bastard. He is now doing a Trump, by selecting "yes men" journalists to attend press conferences and bar others.

That is probably why no mention of the hostile reception he got in Sunderland in the press/media.

Maybe but that still doesn't justify your comparison to Hitler.