Remember, very little will change for now.

Started by BeElBeeBub, January 29, 2020, 10:10:07 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14953 time=1580562370 user_id=54
I'll give you my analysis of these two men based purely on observation of body language for what it's worth.

My opinion is based on their documented history. Boris is an untrustworthy lying bastard. He is now doing a Trump, by selecting "yes men" journalists to attend press conferences and bar others.

That is probably why no mention of the hostile reception he got in Sunderland in the press/media.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14950 time=1580560608 user_id=89
He is not as bad as Boris.

I'll give you my analysis of these two men based purely on observation of body language for what it's worth.

Macron. A small man who loves approval and will do much to achieve the massage of his ego. He very obviously is an actor who portrays his vision of his role rather than himself. Rather oily he makes an effort to make himself popular with those who count in his view of his future. A very vain man. (Tony Blair is very similar in many ways)

Johnson. I don't see this man as having the control of many in politics. He is instinctive even though he is clever enough to see around problems his dealings with them are from the gut. Lacking much in finesse - which is Macron's trade - he cares little for what people think unless it fits in with his rather broad aims which often lack detail. His asset is hopefully his ability to judge the right people to fill in those details and carry through. Dominic Cummings is one such.

The French like the suave continental style of someone like Macron which rather blew them away especially when held up again the far right that was threatening. The British on the other hand rather like the brash, rough around the edges kind who look as though they are a man of action rather than a lounge lizard.

At this moment of time there is no-one that I can see that occupies any of the green benches in HofC on any side that looks even nearly capable of achieving what we need. It needs a maverick capable of looking outside of the box and prepared to break a few moulds in an effort to let this country move forwards with a new pair of specs.

For good or evil - that's what we have. We have two choices. Without our Country none of us have much of a future, so we need to get on board or get left behind.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14929 time=1580555804 user_id=54
 He's a poser, an actor, a charlatan.

He is not as bad as Boris.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14929 time=1580555804 user_id=54
That begs the question why anyone would agree with him now.

Because he was right with his comments.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14924 time=1580555369 user_id=89
I have no admiration for Macron at all. I wrote I don't often agree with him.

That begs the question why anyone would agree with him now. His only concern is his own future. He creeps around EU leaders and has already started his love-in with the new un-elected. He's a poser, an actor, a charlatan. I will never forget the act on his night of election. The French realised too late what they had done.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14919 time=1580553335 user_id=54
I don't share your admiration of Macron.

I have no admiration for Macron at all. I wrote I don't often agree with him.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=14920 time=1580553690 user_id=51
Me neither, he needs to sort his own country out and butt out of ours.

By the way, I'm just remembering that very little will change for now, and I'm expecting that very little will change next January 1st. I've got confidence in the government coming to a compromise trade deal. We are now in a much better position.

Despite the media still desperately trying to rake over past arguments last night I got the feeling that the UK is feeling a certain strength that we haven't seen in a long while. If we could just stir the weeping wet ones, who still hanker after their EU comfort blanket, that have been so successfully persuaded over a couple of generations, that they can't manage life without the EU approval, I am sure will be a lot happier and successful in the not too distant future. The EU bullying tactics have already started again. Up to now they have employed them and delaying tactics many times successfully. We are the first to push back. I hope we continue to do it.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14919 time=1580553335 user_id=54
I don't share your admiration of Macron.

Me neither, he needs to sort his own country out and butt out of ours.

By the way, I'm just remembering that very little will change for now, and I'm expecting that very little will change next January 1st. I've got confidence in the government coming to a compromise trade deal. We are now in a much better position.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14909 time=1580551064 user_id=89
That BJ is PM is scary, he is likely to do more damage to Britain than Hitler. (I am being serious.)

My wife and I have carried out as much damage limitation and mitigation as we possibly can.

The rabid Brexiteers are in a state of blissful ignorance as to what is coming from January 2021.

I don't often agree with Macron but he had it nailed yesterday.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200131-brexit-united-kingdom-macron-britain-france-eu-european-union-europe-french-president-london-brussels-%C3%A9lys%C3%A9e-palace">https://www.france24.com/en/20200131-br ... sée-palace">https://www.france24.com/en/20200131-brexit-united-kingdom-macron-britain-france-eu-european-union-europe-french-president-london-brussels-élysée-palace

Calling Friday a "sad day" he attacked the "lies, exaggerations, simplifications and cheques promised that never arrived" of the Brexit referendum campaign of 2016

"We must always remember where lies can lead our democracies," he said solemnly.

I don't share your admiration of Macron. As a point of being prepared, that I always think is sensible. We should all be prepared that we can help ourselves if all around us should go pear shaped.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=14834 time=1580481382 user_id=62
Well there you are Tommy. I dare say that at the stroke of 11pm the UK will start its inevitable journey head over heels, down the hill and into the poor house. Happily most of us Brexiters will be too dim to notice. We will leave that to Beely and Conor and Gerry and Co.

:lol:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14907 time=1580550498 user_id=54
 BJ has been PM how long?

That BJ is PM is scary, he is likely to do more damage to Britain than Hitler. (I am being serious.)

My wife and I have carried out as much damage limitation and mitigation as we possibly can.

The rabid Brexiteers are in a state of blissful ignorance as to what is coming from January 2021.

I don't often agree with Macron but he had it nailed yesterday.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200131-brexit-united-kingdom-macron-britain-france-eu-european-union-europe-french-president-london-brussels-%C3%A9lys%C3%A9e-palace">https://www.france24.com/en/20200131-br ... sée-palace">https://www.france24.com/en/20200131-brexit-united-kingdom-macron-britain-france-eu-european-union-europe-french-president-london-brussels-élysée-palace

Calling Friday a "sad day" he attacked the "lies, exaggerations, simplifications and cheques promised that never arrived" of the Brexit referendum campaign of 2016

"We must always remember where lies can lead our democracies," he said solemnly.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14902 time=1580549513 user_id=89
The staff have to be recruited and trained and the infrastructure built. That should all have been ready a year ago, when Britain was supposed to be leaving.

The big cock-up has only been delayed until January 1st 2021.

As I remember it we have stopped and started how many times? We only now have anything resembling settled Government. There will be some changes coming down the line which I think will impact all sorts of things. We need to build this all from the ground up now. BJ has been PM how long? We have got so far but it's only the beginning. There will a reshuffle next then a Budget. It's no point looking at one area and demanding that first. We don't have enough overall information to make a judgement yet. On top of all that the priority at present is the China bug. We need to give everyone a chance to get it together. They are only human just like us.

If suddenly the bug takes the country by storm we won't care about anything much - just keeping fit enough to function as a country at all.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14901 time=1580549131 user_id=54
There's not much point paying for staff without a job. We will have free movement for another 11 months and if Kier Starmer becomes PM - permanently as he wants it back.

The staff have to be recruited and trained and the infrastructure built. That should all have been ready a year ago, when Britain was supposed to be leaving.

The big cock-up has only been delayed until January 1st 2021.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14900 time=1580548497 user_id=89
The staff and infrastructure were supposed to be in place a year ago, there is still no sign of it.

There's not much point paying for staff without a job. We will have free movement for another 11 months and if Kier Starmer becomes PM - permanently as he wants it back.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14898 time=1580547919 user_id=54
We have 11 months to get it done. Be optimistic! This will all evolve.

The staff and infrastructure were supposed to be in place a year ago, there is still no sign of it.