Remember, very little will change for now.

Started by BeElBeeBub, January 29, 2020, 10:10:07 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14897 time=1580543566 user_id=89
The problem is they won't Border Force does not have the staff of infrastructure to carry out 100% checks.

We have 11 months to get it done. Be optimistic! This will all evolve.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14861 time=1580504526 user_id=54
I can't but feel it will be worth it since those same checks will apply to anyone coming here.

The problem is they won't Border Force does not have the staff of infrastructure to carry out 100% checks.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=14860 time=1580503094 user_id=88
yup just me anyone who reads the government advice on what will happen entering the EU.

- show a return or onward ticket

- show you have enough money for your stay

- use separate lanes from EU, EEA and Swiss citizens when queueing

The last one shouldn't be a surprise as the whole point of brexit was to remove EU/EEA citizenship from UK citizens. Or did you think we could keep using the EEA lines?

All of the above is very interesting and also irrelevant as it's absolutely nothing to do with the immigration procedures on landing.

When you, JoG or I fly into Alicante or Paris or Amsterdam airport along with a plane load of other Brits all of us will have to go through the non-EU immigration procedures along with any American, Nigerian or any other non EEA passengers.

If any of you have flown into the states on a UK passport, you will know clearing immigration can be a slow process.

Similar will now apply when we fly to Europe.

So you're now acknowledging that the government knows what it is doing?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=14860 time=1580503094 user_id=88
yup just me anyone who reads the government advice on what will happen entering the EU.

The last one shouldn't be a surprise as the whole point of brexit was to remove EU/EEA citizenship from UK citizens. Or did you think we could keep using the EEA lines?

All of the above is very interesting and also irrelevant as it's absolutely nothing to do with the immigration procedures on landing.

When you, JoG or I fly into Alicante or Paris or Amsterdam airport along with a plane load of other Brits all of us will have to go through the non-EU immigration procedures along with any American, Nigerian or any other non EEA passengers.

If any of you have flown into the states on a UK passport, you will know clearing immigration can be a slow process.

I can't but feel it will be worth it since those same checks will apply to anyone coming here. I have waited in USA clearance and yes it's a pain but necessary more so now than ever. In the meantime why don't you take a break and join with those of us who are happy tonight, just for the sake of unity.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick post_id=14848 time=1580488648 user_id=73
It's amazing. You must be the only person in the world who knows this information. I spoke to the CEO of KLM UK and she didn't even know what will happen. I'd love to know where you got the above info from, or maybe you just made it up based on wanting to say told ya so.

What she did say was that deal or no deal won't make a jot of difference as at the end of WWII all carriers signed agreements with all the countries to all them to fly in and out. If we go onto WTO we just revert back to these agreements.

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=14784 time=1580464659 user_id=88
You really missed the point didn't you.

UK plane lands in greece,  on board are 100 Brits, 20 assorted EU, 5 others.

120 EU passengers queue up for the 2 EU line which takes 20 seconds a person. So it takes 20 minutes to process.

The 5 others use the nonEU line which takes a minute each, and so that line takes 5 minutes.

Now same plane lands in 2021.

The 20 assorted EU passengers go thought the EU line, taking 10 minutes or so

The 100 Brits and 5 others will take the non EU line.  Which will be much bigger.

Look at the queue on any flight with a lot of non-EU passengers (my last 8 flights but one were US/UK and landing in the UK was very smooth - entering the US was a ball ache) the EEA queue is faster.

But you know the funny thing?

You could *always* use the non-EU line.  The EEA line is like the 5 items or less line at the supermarket. If you are an EU citizen you can use it, but you don't have to.

In future we won't have the option.

It's amazing. You must be the only person in the world who knows this information. I spoke to the CEO of KLM UK and she didn't even know what will happen. I'd love to know where you got the above info from, or maybe you just made it up based on wanting to say told ya so.

What she did say was that deal or no deal won't make a jot of difference as at the end of WWII all carriers signed agreements with all the countries to all them to fly in and out. If we go onto WTO we just revert back to these agreements.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=14845 time=1580486803 user_id=88
And their true colours come out.....

Make up your mind,I was just saying we don't lap up bullshit.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=14835 time=1580481570 user_id=52
I dunno they will probably be banging on endlessly about potatoes,so making any sense of it,will be null and void as usual.

Quote from: Borchester post_id=14837 time=1580482827 user_id=62
Or the Micks closing down the beef mines so that the UK will be starved into submission  :hattip

And their true colours come out.....

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borchester post_id=14834 time=1580481382 user_id=62
Well there you are Tommy. I dare say that at the stroke of 11pm the UK will start its inevitable journey head over heels, down the hill and into the poor house. Happily most of us Brexiters will be too dim to notice. We will leave that to Beely and Conor and Gerry and Co.

No, that happens in 11 months time.

Probably - I wouldn't put it past BJ to shaft you guys, deliver a feather soft brexit and try to dress it up as victory. Given brexiters past history at lapping up BS and claiming it's what they voted for he may have a shot

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy post_id=14835 time=1580481570 user_id=52
I dunno they will probably be banging on endlessly about potatoes,so making any sense of it,will be null and void as usual.

Or the Micks closing down the beef mines so that the UK will be starved into submission  :hattip
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester post_id=14834 time=1580481382 user_id=62
Well there you are Tommy. I dare say that at the stroke of 11pm the UK will start its inevitable journey head over heels, down the hill and into the poor house. Happily most of us Brexiters will be too dim to notice. We will leave that to Beely and Conor and Gerry and Co.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas post_id=14778 time=1580457812 user_id=58
ah borkie , evertime i read one of your posts , i am reminded of De Tocquevilles famous quote....

200 years on not much is changed eh? :lol:  ;)

Did you see the eu parliament sing " auld lang syne" to scotland and tell us they are leaving a light on for us?

Of course you might want to readjust your yookay figues  , you need to factor in northern ireland remaining in the eu , and if we go , thats ten per cent of the yookays GDP taken off at the knees before mineral wealth etc is factored in. :thup:

I think the eu might do very well out of it all in the end.

Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

I will tell you what does change,we now have the right to do our own trade deals.For one and for another we have a majority government to see it through. Squealing from the isles and showing zero respect for democracy has got its comeuppance.

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=14752 time=1580424207 user_id=63
You are twisting my words again.

I spoke as a traveller with a british passport arriving at one EEC country and latterly EU country from another and noting I was in a massive queue of EEC / EU nationals while maybe half a dozen on my flight or ferry taking the same journey

walked through an empty hallway for NON EU nationals

That would be me and its even quicker now with the electronic gates .

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=14752 time=1580424207 user_id=63
You are twisting my words again.

I spoke as a traveller with a british passport arriving at one EEC country and latterly EU country from another and noting I was in a massive queue of EEC / EU nationals while maybe half a dozen on my flight or ferry taking the same journey walked through an empty hallway for NON EU nationals

And as I dont travel much these days because I dont freelance any more, my last five journeys were UK to Alaska and back, UK to Greece and Back, UK to Spain and back, UK to Denmark, train to Germany, train to Switzerland, train to france, ferry to Dover... and the one before that Uzk to Mexico and back.

And at every customs border I had a huge queue, the yank, chinese and aussie (to name the three groups I chatted with en route) sailed through an empty line.

Now, try twisting that.

You really missed the point didn't you.

UK plane lands in greece,  on board are 100 Brits, 20 assorted EU, 5 others.

120 EU passengers queue up for the 2 EU line which takes 20 seconds a person. So it takes 20 minutes to process.

The 5 others use the nonEU line which takes a minute each, and so that line takes 5 minutes.

Now same plane lands in 2021.

The 20 assorted EU passengers go thought the EU line, taking 10 minutes or so

The 100 Brits and 5 others will take the non EU line.  Which will be much bigger.

Look at the queue on any flight with a lot of non-EU passengers (my last 8 flights but one were US/UK and landing in the UK was very smooth - entering the US was a ball ache) the EEA queue is faster.

But you know the funny thing?

You could *always* use the non-EU line.  The EEA line is like the 5 items or less line at the supermarket. If you are an EU citizen you can use it, but you don't have to.

In future we won't have the option.