« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=14617 time=1580309149 user_id=70
Simpatico — kindred spirits...?

It is a matter of showing no fear.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14611 time=1580308428 user_id=89
The farmer I used to work for part time back in my childhood/youth always had dogs that were the dog version of psychopaths.

I was the only person outside of the family who could handle those dogs.

Simpatico — kindred spirits...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14609 time=1580308123 user_id=54
LOL I know the sort. That makes you a very good 'neighbour'.

The farmer I used to work for part time back in my childhood/youth always had dogs that were the dog version of psychopaths.

I was the only person outside of the family who could handle those dogs.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14608 time=1580308068 user_id=89
We sometimes look after people's "hooligan" dogs for them whilst they go on holiday.

LOL I know the sort. That makes you a very good 'neighbour'.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14600 time=1580307386 user_id=54
Oh dear it's not that difficult.

We sometimes look after people's "hooligan" dogs for them whilst they go on holiday.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=14598 time=1580307098 user_id=89
My wife and I like animals too much to have a pet.

Oh dear it's not that difficult.

papasmurf

My wife and I like animals too much to have a pet.

johnofgwent

I have always held the view that my work gives me no time to look after any, so I have not had any. Nor did moira.

My youngest is responsible for the cat, hamsters (now deceased) and hundreds of tropical fish (also deceased) which have cluttered our house over the past decade. The cat remains.

Yet my daughter seemed than keen to be the one to feed the cat nor muck out its litter trays. Or indeed do much with the fish   This she left to my wife.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

I make no apology for trying to lift the gloom so do you have pets? I have had dogs all my adult life. BIG dogs. More alsatians than anything else and always obedience trained. My last dog was my first rescue. It was only after DNA testing that we found he was Alsatian/Weinmaraner having been carefully told he was Lab/Collie. A big black horror about 1 yr old when I first brought him home. Terrified of many things he had behaviour to match and all my dog walking acquaintances carefully avoided us.

I look back and wonder how I managed it but he ended up a much loved gent by everyone who met him.He was a gentle giant who got on with everyone. It was one day in a park with my grandkids with the rain belting down when I realised that he had positioned himself between them and the only other people daft enough to be there and was obviously keeping a watchful eye. I lost him to cancer two years ago.

What to do? I can no longer walk a dog as I would like so I have a small parrot (Green Cheek Conure). As a companion bird he talks and has a real bond. More often than not he's on my shoulder.

I never saw me as a parrot lady - but there you go.