Main Menu

Eton hooligans

Started by cromwell, November 19, 2022, 10:39:48 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on November 20, 2022, 01:44:48 PM
Not sure on that, I used Radley more for the elitist element than the entry exam, they are both feeder schools for Oxbridge so are an important institution in my view.
Nowhere can be counted as a feeder for Oxbridge any longer. They have geared their entries to favour State school applicants rather than Private. My daughter' her husband and grandson are already looking abroad for uni as a result, although recent talk is of private unis springing up if the current trend continues. With professors losing their posts through Student woke culture there could be plenty of good lecturers available.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on November 20, 2022, 12:52:21 PM
It does not appear to have an admissions exam or am I missing something?
Not sure on that, I used Radley more for the elitist element than the entry exam, they are both feeder schools for Oxbridge so are an important institution in my view. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on November 20, 2022, 12:15:42 PM
Like Radley you mean, strangely where my ex brother-in-laws father was headmaster.

It does not appear to have an admissions exam or am I missing something?

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on November 20, 2022, 11:58:58 AM
So you failed the Eton entance exam?

I don't blame you. It is a killer.

And after the exam there are the interviews.

Fortunately there are the minor public schools to fall back on.
Like Radley you mean, strangely where my ex brother-in-laws father was headmaster. 

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on November 20, 2022, 09:59:19 AM
I went to a public school  - but from what I can tell, it was (and probably still is) a world away from Eton. The school I went to had a sensible uniform and was more middle-class than upper-class, without silly traditions. There was an element of hooligans but you get that anywhere, including at universities.

So you failed the Eton entance exam?

I don't blame you. It is a killer.

And after the exam there are the interviews.

Fortunately there are the minor public schools to fall back on.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 20, 2022, 09:17:14 AM
They're children, that's what children do, they act childish, regardless of their financial status.
Oh I dunno just look at some threads on here :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

Quote from: Borchester on November 19, 2022, 11:42:29 PM
That is wonderful. I have crammed boys for the 13+ entrance exam for Eton and it is a killer.
What subject? Hopefully not politics. Dancing
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

HDQQ

I went to a public school  - but from what I can tell, it was (and probably still is) a world away from Eton. The school I went to had a sensible uniform and was more middle-class than upper-class, without silly traditions. There was an element of hooligans but you get that anywhere, including at universities. 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on November 19, 2022, 10:39:48 PM
A future PM amongst them perhaps,bunch of entitled pratts
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-63683667
They're children, that's what children do, they act childish, regardless of their financial status. 

cromwell

No offence to you and yours T00ts,there are hooligans everywhere and of all ages,look at Borky for one    

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 19, 2022, 11:42:29 PM
That is wonderful. I have crammed boys for the 13+ entrance exam for Eton and it is a killer. Well done your grandson.

Thank you. I am very fortunate that I have a grandson and granddaughter who are off the scale academically and also are gifted musicians. Their parents have bent over backwards to support both of them through private education given that they work incredibly hard since they both recognise the effort their parents put in. They are both home this weekend and I shall discover exactly what this story is about.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 19, 2022, 10:48:25 PM
As you might well know my grandson is currently at Eton and a less entitled prat you can't imagine. But still the envy culture raises it's head once again. I don't suppose you would even hear about the racism, sexism or downright spite and bullying or even rape that happens in many State schools it is so endemic that it is not worth reporting. I haven't yet had the first hand report of this but I will and I have no doubt that the boys concerned were promptly and properly chastised and punished. Something that doesn't happen in many schools.

That is wonderful. I have crammed boys for the 13+ entrance exam for Eton and it is a killer. Well done your grandson.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on November 19, 2022, 10:39:48 PM
A future PM amongst them perhaps,bunch of entitled pratts
As you might well know my grandson is currently at Eton and a less entitled prat you can't imagine. But still the envy culture raises it's head once again. I don't suppose you would even hear about the racism, sexism or downright spite and bullying or even rape that happens in many State schools it is so endemic that it is not worth reporting. I haven't yet had the first hand report of this but I will and I have no doubt that the boys concerned were promptly and properly chastised and punished. Something that doesn't happen in many schools.

cromwell

A future PM amongst them perhaps,bunch of entitled pratts