Main Menu

Eton hooligans

Started by cromwell, November 19, 2022, 10:39:48 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2022, 01:14:15 PM
It gets covered up when it happens at Eton. (Parents bribe the victims to keep quiet.)
In the unlikely event it does get into court it is "just high spirits." When the hoi polloi youth end up in court they are "hooligans."

It does not seemed to have worked in this case.

Those brave girls have faced down the sexism and racism of Toots' grandson and his friends and the world is clearly a better place
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on November 19, 2022, 10:48:25 PM
 I don't suppose you would even hear about the racism, sexism or downright spite and bullying or even rape that happens in many State schools it is so endemic that it is not worth reporting.
It gets covered up when it happens at Eton. (Parents bribe the victims to keep quiet.)
In the unlikely event it does get into court it is "just high spirits." When the hoi polloi youth end up in court they are "hooligans."
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on November 21, 2022, 09:41:35 AM
I see education was wasted on you,what I said was people like to use the tabloids as a reputable source then deride it depending on their stance.

Though I know what you're actually doing you see an opportunity here though I and T00ts or Nick can and do disagree without rancour.

Well Ollie, Steve has just said that Toot's grandson is a liar and I guess that should be good enough for anyone
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on November 21, 2022, 09:57:12 AM
To be fair to the young man in question he has absolutely nothing to gain or lose by telling a lie.
Except perhaps defending the honour of his school or perhaps his mates.

But alas I don't know. Whatever the truth is, it will probably come out in the end, and that includes your young Eton pupil if it is as he says.

But like I said, I don't know. I just suspect that if the bad behaviour was not as reported, there would have been more robust public denials of it from the school and some of those who were there. The school after all must surely have investigated the matter itself by questioning those amongst its pupils who were present.

In all my experience of observing the media, their lies, exaggerations, and distortions tend to be robustly challenged by those unfairly maligned. The lack of a robust public challenge lends credence to the accounts. That may change in due course, but we shall see.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

To be fair to the young man in question he has absolutely nothing to gain or lose by telling a lie.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on November 21, 2022, 09:23:08 AM
So trust the media because Toot's grandson is a Tory liar?
I see education was wasted on you,what I said was people like to use the tabloids as a reputable source then deride it depending on their stance.

Though I know what you're actually doing you see an opportunity here though I and T00ts or Nick can and do disagree without rancour.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on November 21, 2022, 08:27:02 AM
When they're spouting Tory propaganda 

So trust the media because Toot's grandson is a Tory liar?
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 21, 2022, 04:39:20 AM
You have no justification for doubting the eye witness report other than it suits you too. Since when have the tabloids been the purveyors of all that's good and holy?
When they're spouting Tory propaganda  

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 20, 2022, 10:39:58 PM
This is counter to all that has been reported and counter to what Eton itself has apologised for. If it were as you suggest would not Eton have just explained that. I doubt whether you have been given a wholly honest and accurate account.
You have no justification for doubting the eye witness report other than it suits you too. Since when have the tabloids been the purveyors of all that's good and holy? 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

This is counter to all that has been reported and counter to what Eton itself has apologised for. If it were as you suggest would not Eton have just explained that. I doubt whether you have been given a wholly honest and accurate account.

Well there you are Steve. If it is a question of believing an eye witness to the event or the media report you have been fed, clearly the latter should believed before the former and Toot's grandson owes you an apology
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Well I guess you would think that. I am quoting an eye witness who I would believe first. Eton has apologised for what they saw as bad behaviour and let's be honest who would believe otherwise as you have made quite clear already. I would ask - who reported it and where? A parent to one of the girls on social media. If he was so certain of his facts should he not have gone to the State school head or Eton itself? 5 minutes of fame comes to mind.

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on November 20, 2022, 10:13:38 PM
Here is what happened - my grandson was there and saw it all. The meeting with Nigel Farage speaking was over subscribed and the boys were held back in a massive queue waiting to go in but no-one had mentioned that there would not be room for all. They waited in the open air for an hour and a half.
Suddenly a coach arrived and all the girls in it went straight in while many of the boys were told there was no room for them. Some did boo but it was not at the girls who were already inside but at the organisers for the poor arrangements. It has been suggested that in future it would be easy enough to arrange an online ticket allocation so that this does not occur again.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Here is what happened - my grandson was there and saw it all. The meeting with Nigel Farage speaking was over subscribed and the boys were held back in a massive queue waiting to go in but no-one had mentioned that there would not be room for all. They waited in the open air for an hour and a half. 
Suddenly a coach arrived and all the girls in it went straight in while many of the boys were told there was no room for them. Some did boo but it was not at the girls who were already inside but at the organisers for the poor arrangements. It has been suggested that in future it would be easy enough to arrange an online ticket allocation so that this does not occur again.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 20, 2022, 02:17:33 PM
And this is what is destroying the country, if Oxbridge is taking predominantly students on student loans that will never be paid back it is putting millions on the governments budget.
I completed my degree at Oxford (courtesy of the RAF) whilst I was stationed at Brize Norton, even got a lift to campus by Rowan Atkinson one day whilst standing at the bus stop in Carterton.

This is the economic equivalent of people buying stuff they can't afford at Brighthouse, but with government money. Whether people like or agree with a class system it is there for a reason, and we are now seeing the result of a underclass revolution.
Class is the worst thing ever,being assessed on where you were born and lived by who your parents were is the worst ever,education of a good standard for all is what is required and by merit.

Being the product of high born does not guarantee anything look at Lucan and his friends,being low born just means your chances in life are reduced and a descent in to crime often likely .

Bright house has gone bust and contrary to you frowning down on people on low incomes Brighthouse was often  their only route to essentials or would you prefer they took their washing down to the local river and banged it with stones?

Brighthouse was one big con exploiting the poorest in society but you only look down your nose at them and no you didn't finish your degree courtesy of the RAF but the taxpayer you know like you cite those using govt money at Brighthouse though I don't begrudge you that.(your degree that is)

And no student loans aren't destroying the economy it is unis offering nobby degrees of neither use to man nor beast and Bliars education,education crap that hid failures and has been  adopted so much by the tories.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on November 20, 2022, 01:49:27 PM
Nowhere can be counted as a feeder for Oxbridge any longer. They have geared their entries to favour State school applicants rather than Private. My daughter' her husband and grandson are already looking abroad for uni as a result, although recent talk is of private unis springing up if the current trend continues. With professors losing their posts through Student woke culture there could be plenty of good lecturers available.
And this is what is destroying the country, if Oxbridge is taking predominantly students on student loans that will never be paid back it is putting millions on the governments budget. 
I completed my degree at Oxford (courtesy of the RAF) whilst I was stationed at Brize Norton, even got a lift to campus by Rowan Atkinson one day whilst standing at the bus stop in Carterton. 

This is the economic equivalent of people buying stuff they can't afford at Brighthouse, but with government money. Whether people like or agree with a class system it is there for a reason, and we are now seeing the result of a underclass revolution. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.