Just gotten out of bed and made a pot of coffee

Started by Borchester, November 20, 2022, 10:32:31 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 25, 2022, 03:17:03 PM
Well those are figures over what you burn normally.

Your problem is twofold. As a woman you are far more fuel efficient than a man as your innards are configured to fuel the kids while you're carrying them so the engine is more efficient.

Secondly all that dancing configured you as a fuel efficient muscle machine. You retain some of that long, long after you stopped .....
Oh that's better Dancing

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on November 25, 2022, 11:07:06 AM
Now I'm depressed.  :(
Well those are figures over what you burn normally.

Your problem is twofold. As a woman you are far more fuel efficient than a man as your innards are configured to fuel the kids while you're carrying them so the engine is more efficient.

Secondly all that dancing configured you as a fuel efficient muscle machine. You retain some of that long, long after you stopped .....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 25, 2022, 10:47:12 AM
mass x g x height is your friend

find some hills to walk up

LOTS of them.

9.81 joules is required to bring one kilogram one metre against gravity at sea level

That assumes a closed system with perfect energy conversion.

You aren't. It could take you two or three times that especially if you run, and you burn fuel travelling the horizontal distance too.

A ten stone adult at 50% efficiency would burn 1,220 joules climbing one metre

Thats 291 calories. Sadly only 0.291 KiloCalories so to burn the 3500 KILO Calories in a pound of fat a ten stone person would need to climb Everest and more (12,000 metres)

only 9000 if you ran it, and only 4500 metres if I ran it, but I think I see why the first marathon runner died after his achievement!

I can also see why the late teenage me was such a skinny bugger. My girlfriend lived in a village 1200 foot higher than my home and my main way to get there was a CV pushbike
Now I'm depressed.  :(

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on November 24, 2022, 07:12:56 PM
Pre pandemic, breakfast used to be coffee and toothpaste, because of my hurry to get on my way.

Since early 2020, I've enjoyed more leisurely and substantial breakfasts — grapefruit, eggs, toast, porridge, etc. I'm told these are more healthy, but I have put on weight.

So while I've not reverted to Colgate and Colombian, I am cutting back and having just two meals a day...

mass x g x height is your friend

find some hills to walk up

LOTS of them.

9.81 joules is required to bring one kilogram one metre against gravity at sea level 

That assumes a closed system with perfect energy conversion.

You aren't. It could take you two or three times that especially if you run, and you burn fuel travelling the horizontal distance too. 

A ten stone adult at 50% efficiency would burn 1,220 joules climbing one metre

Thats 291 calories. Sadly only 0.291 KiloCalories so to burn the 3500 KILO Calories in a pound of fat a ten stone person would need to climb Everest and more (12,000 metres)

only 9000 if you ran it, and only 4500 metres if I ran it, but I think I see why the first marathon runner died after his achievement!

I can also see why the late teenage me was such a skinny bugger. My girlfriend lived in a village 1200 foot higher than my home and my main way to get there was a CV pushbike 

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 24, 2022, 10:26:28 PM
No Bubble ?
That unfortunately seem to have got rare on café full English breakfasts.  The café near the Polish War memorial on the way into London used to do it. But I have no idea if that café is still there.  (It used to have a "mountain" of bubble and squeak on a large hot plate with a stainless steel garden shovel to turn it over.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on November 24, 2022, 07:12:56 PM
Pre pandemic, breakfast used to be coffee and toothpaste, because of my hurry to get on my way.

Since early 2020, I've enjoyed more leisurely and substantial breakfasts — grapefruit, eggs, toast, porridge, etc. I'm told these are more healthy, but I have put on weight.

So while I've not reverted to Colgate and Colombian, I am cutting back and having just two meals a day...

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Pre pandemic, breakfast used to be coffee and toothpaste, because of my hurry to get on my way. 

Since early 2020, I've enjoyed more leisurely and substantial breakfasts — grapefruit, eggs, toast, porridge, etc. I'm told these are more healthy, but I have put on weight.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on November 20, 2022, 10:48:32 AM
Only got tiny little cups in my hotel room so I make my coffee in the pint pot I whipped from the bar, 2 pints is enough to get me going lol

That is heroic.

My coffee pot holds 1 litre, which is about 1.76 pints in real money. With a couple of pots I am ready to face the day. But 2 pints is barely a dirty cup.:)

You sir are a star
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on November 20, 2022, 10:32:31 AM
But that is not enough caffeine to give me the energy to make another pot of coffee, so I am going back to bed
Only got tiny little cups in my hotel room so I make my coffee in the pint pot I whipped from the bar, 2 pints is enough to get me going lol
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

But that is not enough caffeine to give me the energy to make another pot of coffee, so I am going back to bed
Algerie Francais !