World Cup Thread.

Started by Nick, November 20, 2022, 12:57:18 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

I can't believe that I am the only one watching the competition, although I do draw the line at following Dishy at praising the job Qatar have done. So my question is for those footy boffins here. Will England beat France? I have real doubts and hope to be proved wrong.

T00ts

I watched the England v Wales performances until the 2nd goal, thought game over and went to collect my shopping. The lads loaded my shopping for me and celebrated as they went. Goal 3 was while I traveled the couple of miles there but the best of it Tesco had given them a TV and heater in their kiosk so while they waited for me - their last customer of the day - they could see the game.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on November 26, 2022, 04:42:47 AM
We put 6 passed Iran, they put 2 passed Wales but Wales are looking forward to knocking us out of the competition lol
The last time the English got six shots on target against Iran they interrupted Steve 'interesting' Davies's snooker final to show us.

Actually, I hope you they do well against Wales. The smug sods in red need taking down a peg.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Relax peeps , we are already through to the knockouts (unless we lose 4-0 to wales and USA and Iran draw )  Just a question of wether we win the group which a win over Wales will confirm .

Dont know what Southgate has against Foden but whatever it is he needs to get over it 

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on November 25, 2022, 11:46:56 PM
They haven't got any

laurels that is Butt Kick
They got 6 goals in their first game and perhaps kidded themselves that they were job done. They came out half asleep yesterday. Stay asleep and they will throw it all away.

Nick

We put 6 passed Iran, they put 2 passed Wales but Wales are looking forward to knocking us out of the competition lol
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on November 25, 2022, 09:38:24 PM
So did England just rest on their laurels?
They haven't got any

laurels that is Butt Kick
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

So did England just rest on their laurels?

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on November 23, 2022, 05:19:31 PM
Why is no-one discussing the football? Some odd results so far - is it legit? Just wondering.
Oh its more than legit  . We are so used to bias refs and 'big' clubs getting the rub of the green its actually been quite refreshing to see sides going at at without favour from above .(I may be speaking too soon) 

Having said that Ive got Germany not to qualify from their group so was cheering earlier when the Japs put one over on them .Ive also got Canada to qualify from theirs so hope for another shock tonight ;)

T00ts

Why is no-one discussing the football? Some odd results so far - is it legit? Just wondering.

cromwell

So Joe Lycette has shredded his ten grand.......allegedly in protest at Beckham trousering ten million to be Qatars WC ambassador.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/joe-lycett-shreds-10000-over-david-beckhams-qatar-world-cup-deal/393985

In general terms if Qatar want to live in the Stone Age that's their choice I just object to people wanting that here.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Moving on from the deliberate act of selling as many tickets as possible before doing a U turn on booze, we have the lack of transport to the stadia, which of course was used as an excuse for awarding handing the WC to Qatar. The greenest WC ever they said, but now they're telling people to drive to the stadium!!

The latest is a threat of physical violence to a Danish camera crew going about their business, and a threat to smash their camera equipment. 

I hope Septic Bladder is proud. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.