Main Menu

I-spoof

Started by cromwell, November 24, 2022, 10:10:03 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 24, 2022, 10:23:18 AM
I guess the truth is that anything other than person to person dealings will now always be a risk. Some bright spark somewhere in the world will find a way to steal from you. I think I might be repeating myself but an old neighbour who had run a successful business for years and was by no means dim had a phone call that persuaded him over the course of a day that cash was being stolen from his account. Finally they persuaded him to transfer £20,000 to another account that they set up. The first £10,000 he did immediately, the second he actually went into the bank to do. The cashier set it up even making the comment that 'if the account is still there in the morning'.
The penny didn't drop until he was recounting the drama to me later. He lost the first £10,000, but the second he managed to cancel via the bank but they still paid it, so that £10,000 they repaid as they were liable. I have lost contact with him now but the police were involved at the time so it crosses my mind that perhaps he will be getting a phone call from them.

Sad but true.

I get one of those every couple of months. My attitude is that I would not do the bank a favour so I am always suspicious when the bank want to do me one. So I decline. Sadly there are better men and women than I who fall for that sort of thing.

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on November 24, 2022, 10:10:03 AM
Thieving ******** and the banks too shoving us all on the internet or telephone whilst closing branches.

"It's what you want we were told" and when people get ripped off they don't want to know.

When there were branches nobody could build a cardboard replica in the high street and pinch your cash.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63736573
I guess the truth is that anything other than person to person dealings will now always be a risk. Some bright spark somewhere in the world will find a way to steal from you. I think I might be repeating myself but an old neighbour who had run a successful business for years and was by no means dim had a phone call that persuaded him over the course of a day that cash was being stolen from his account. Finally they persuaded him to transfer £20,000 to another account that they set up. The first £10,000 he did immediately, the second he actually went into the bank to do. The cashier set it up even making the comment that 'if the account is still there in the morning'. 
The penny didn't drop until he was recounting the drama to me later. He lost the first £10,000, but the second he managed to cancel via the bank but they still paid it, so that £10,000 they repaid as they were liable. I have lost contact with him now but the police were involved at the time so it crosses my mind that perhaps he will be getting a phone call from them.

cromwell

Thieving ******** and the banks too shoving us all on the internet or telephone whilst closing branches.

"It's what you want we were told" and when people get ripped off they don't want to know.

When there were branches nobody could build a cardboard replica in the high street and pinch your cash.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63736573
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?