Brexit: What trade deals has the UK done so far?

Started by BBC News , November 29, 2022, 07:00:11 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 08, 2022, 01:23:36 PM
Can't say I saw  anything about it , maybe if you can provide a link I can catch up . The above websites dont seem to have any relevent articles
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 08, 2022, 11:42:20 AM
It has been going on for some time now, reported on the BBC Radio 4 Farming program, BBC Countryfile and Farming Industry magazines/newspapers and websites.  (In one case they went outside of the EU and went to Ukraine before the invasion. Oh dear.)
Can't say I saw  anything about it , maybe if you can provide a link I can catch up . The above websites dont seem to have any relevent articles 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 08, 2022, 11:02:03 AM
link ?
It has been going on for some time now, reported on the BBC Radio 4 Farming program, BBC Countryfile and Farming Industry magazines/newspapers and websites.  (In one case they went outside of the EU and went to Ukraine before the invasion. Oh dear.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 08, 2022, 10:47:23 AM
That is because they are aware of the situation.  That UK farmers are upping sticks and moving to Europe never seems to get a mention.
link ?

Barry

At least the UK farmers do not have this nonsense to contend with. Banning the use of manufactured fertilizers caused the collapse of Sri Lankan farming and the downfall of their government.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/nov/30/peak-polluters-last-chance-close-dutch-government
Stay out of this self destructive madness called the EU.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 08, 2022, 10:41:24 AM
 That European farmers want to up sticks and move to the UK  would suggest they would be better off coming to the UK .

That is because they are aware of the situation.  That UK farmers are upping sticks and moving to Europe never seems to get a mention.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 08, 2022, 10:12:54 AM
They will have exactly the same problems as any other company involved in bacon production in Britain.
High costs of production, higher than the return, and staff shortages.
European farmers are protesting daily about the struggles they face within the framework of EU  legistlation . That European farmers want to up sticks and move to the UK  would suggest they would be better off coming to the UK .

In fact it should be a new slogan for everyone in Europe , where we used to say Better off out , we should now be saying Better off Here ! 

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on December 08, 2022, 02:18:12 AM
Danish bacon producers are moving to the UK.

They will have exactly the same problems as any other company involved in bacon production in Britain.
High costs of production, higher than the return, and staff shortages.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Baff on December 08, 2022, 02:18:12 AM
They blame Ursula Von de Leyen for her poor attitude towards Brexit apparently.

With half of all their sales coming from the UK, it makes a lot of sense I suppose.
They blame her for shutting down their farms as well with the EU's drive to rob all plant life on Earth from its food source 

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on December 05, 2022, 05:49:04 PM
Brexit has the emergent property of unless something is done by government rapidly there will be no British pig meat, eggs, or dairy products.

They blame Ursula Von de Leyen for her poor attitude towards Brexit apparently.

With half of all their sales coming from the UK, it makes a lot of sense I suppose.

Europe's top meat processor is building a new bacon plant in the UK. Danish Crown will invest £100 million ($119 million) to build the facility in Rochdale, near Manchester, the company said Tuesday. The plant will be its first in Britain since selling its Tulip Ltd. business to Pilgrim's Pride in 2019.

EU's Top Meat Processor Returns to UK With New Bacon Plant
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-22/danish-crown-adds-new-uk-bacon-plant-in-return-to-britain#:~:text=Europe's%20top%20meat%20processor%20is,to%20Pilgrim's%20Pride%20in%202019.

Then we have the lowering of EU animal safety standards.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-eu-s-lowering-of-food-safety-standards-must-end-talk-of-alignment/
Lots of it will be banned from sale here.

So if you are right on in that way, you can shop at the Co-op.
Which since 2019 only sells British meat and eggs.
Mad lefty nutters that they are.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2022, 07:53:04 PM
Nick many is not all, (especially when British supermarkets are paying farmers well below the costs of production, and the shortage of crop pickers is 100% down to Brexit and the Home Office.

As you are not in the UK you will not have noticed the shortage of eggs in Supermarkets as a result.
It won't be too long before empty supermarket egg shelves scenario is all ova...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2022, 07:53:04 PM
Nick many is not all, (especially when British supermarkets are paying farmers well below the costs of production, and the shortage of crop pickers is 100% down to Brexit and the Home Office.

As you are not in the UK you will not have noticed the shortage of eggs in Supermarkets as a result.
I wouldn't notice the shortage of eggs if all the supermarkets in the world ran out of eggs.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 06, 2022, 07:36:50 PM
They neglect to mention the factors you want them to mention because they're not real. But yet again you ignore the facts you don't like, "domestic prices for many products are set according to global conditions."
Nick many is not all, (especially when British supermarkets are paying farmers well below the costs of production, and the shortage of crop pickers is 100% down to Brexit and the Home Office.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2022, 07:16:50 PM
That is NOT the current situation. Those comments by Chatham house neglect to mention the Brexit factors effecting UK agriculture or the farmers massive rises in costs not being reflected in the prices farmers are being paid.
For instance the price of pork is current 30pence a kilo below the cost of production.
Channel 4 news is on the case as I type.
They neglect to mention the factors you want them to mention because they're not real. But yet again you ignore the facts you don't like, "domestic prices for many products are set according to global conditions."

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 06, 2022, 07:12:12 PM
The UK is third on the world food security index according to the Global Food Security Index, that's 6 places above the USA.

That is NOT the current situation. Those comments by Chatham house neglect to mention the Brexit factors effecting UK agriculture or the farmers massive rises in costs not being reflected in the prices farmers are being paid.
For instance the price of pork is current 30pence a kilo below the cost of production.
Channel 4 news is on the case as I type.