Time to cull the charity con?

Started by cromwell, December 02, 2022, 08:08:47 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 04, 2022, 08:02:33 PM
Never have I seen such arrant and arrogant nonsense to condemn every child in state education,you should be ashamed of what you posted and i didn't say get rid of private but have a system where it is not required.

Having read what you posted I'd close all private schools tomorrow if I thought those that pay share what I can only describe as despicable views.
I suggest you read it again, I didn't condemn all pupils, I said there are large swathes of unruly children in most schools that disrupt the classes, the schools cannot control them because they don't have the backing of the parents. There were a few when I was at school, today there are many. Schools now have sets that children are put into based on how they did at junior school, and if you're a late bloomer you're stuck in the lowest set with all the no hopers and you're education is defined for the rest of your time at school. Might not sit well with you Mr C but this is these are the  facts. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 04, 2022, 03:16:34 PM
The system can't be improved because schools are now riddled with children from the same backgrounds I mentioned before. The families don't care if their children go to school or not and don't care if they learn anything or not. There's too many disruptive children nowadays and the schools can't control them because their parents don't care. For some school is just free child care. This why private schools exist, the children in them have parents that care about the education, and you want to get rid of them?
Never have I seen such arrant and arrogant nonsense to condemn every child in state education,you should be ashamed of what you posted and i didn't say get rid of private but have a system where it is not required.

Having read what you posted I'd close all private schools tomorrow if I thought those that pay share what I can only describe as despicable views.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 04, 2022, 07:20:45 PM
You seem to think ALL state schools fit your prejudiced view, they don't. Your mindset is what I challenge.
The big problem areas are schools where large number of pupils do not have English as a first language, and for want of a better description white British children are in a minority.
The problem is where parents don't control their own children and let them run riot in school. It's not just in non-white areas as you suggest. 

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 04, 2022, 06:07:08 PM
If I sat outside any local school I would risk getting arrested. Other than that, all the local schools have pupils with very mixed backgrounds except ethnicity.
That comment says more about how you present yourself than anything else.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 04, 2022, 06:15:37 PM
Which is the very essence of what I said. The children from decent backgrounds where their parents care about their education are mixed in with disruptive children that the schools can't control because their parents don't dive a damn. You don't have that in private schools.
You seem to think ALL state schools fit your prejudiced view, they don't. Your mindset is what I challenge.
The big problem areas are schools where large number of pupils do not have English as a first language, and for want of a better description white British children are in a minority.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 04, 2022, 06:07:08 PM
If I sat outside any local school I would risk getting arrested. Other than that, all the local schools have pupils with very mixed backgrounds except ethnicity.
Which is the very essence of what I said. The children from decent backgrounds where their parents care about their education are mixed in with disruptive children that the schools can't control because their parents don't dive a damn. You don't have that in private schools. 

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 04, 2022, 05:47:11 PM
That has nothing to do with my suggestion.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on December 04, 2022, 05:47:11 PM
It's the usual deflection, nothing at all to do with the subject. 
I was going to comment the same as you but I couldn't be bothered. 

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 04, 2022, 05:30:40 PM
T00ts, state schools with catchment area of just one background of children in it are rarer than you and Nick seem to think.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 04, 2022, 04:16:31 PM
Choose any average school and sit outside at home time.
T00ts, state schools with catchment area of just one background of children in it are rarer than you and Nick seem to think.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 04, 2022, 04:02:15 PM
Really? Credible link/survey is it?
Choose any average school and sit outside at home time. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 04, 2022, 03:56:21 PM
Posted it before, if you can't be bothered to read it not my fault.
Really? Credible link/survey is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 04, 2022, 03:26:28 PM
Any evidence for that rash generalisation please?
Posted it before, if you can't be bothered to read it not my fault. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 04, 2022, 03:16:34 PM
The system can't be improved because schools are now riddled with children from the same backgrounds I mentioned before. 
Any evidence for that rash generalisation please?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 03, 2022, 09:36:14 PM
So why not aspire to raise the bar in our system,just saying the system is great for people that can afford it is not good enough why accept that ours is crap instead of doing something about it.

Governed by half wits but is that those you brand halfwits fault are you saying we should stand by and do nothing,what a legacy that is as much the tories fault as anyone's.

What a sad indictment of what this country is.
The system can't be improved because schools are now riddled with children from the same backgrounds I mentioned before. The families don't care if their children go to school or not and don't care if they learn anything or not. There's too many disruptive children nowadays and the schools can't control them because their parents don't care. For some school is just free child care. This why private schools exist, the children in them have parents that care about the education, and you want to get rid of them?