Main Menu

Delusional coup attempt

Started by cromwell, December 08, 2022, 02:36:46 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on December 09, 2022, 09:45:16 PM
Not really.

Just the left sneering at the electorate and going down into inevitable defeat. Nothing new or different there
It was definitely new and different, and thus seen as a threat to the status quo. Which is why the deep state, the wealthy elites, and orthodox establishmentarians of every political hue - including inside the Labour party itself - conspired against it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 09, 2022, 07:38:12 PM
Any Tories been asked to leave the chamber recently? NO
Well two were suspended yesterday score one all.:P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on December 09, 2022, 09:20:04 PM

Yes I know you would hate it but it was definitely something different.

Labour manifesto at-a-glance: Summary of key points - BBC News

Not really.

Just the left sneering at the electorate and going down into inevitable defeat. Nothing new or different there

Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on December 09, 2022, 08:17:09 PM
You think am going to tootle off and read up on something you referenced!! Jog on, post a reference or don't mention it.
The policy agenda was well publicised at the time, so I assumed you'd already be aware of it - abolition of tuition fees, rent control and security of tenure for private tenants, more social housing construction, and end to zero hours contracts, public ownership of the essential utilities and railways, an end to excessively exploitative work contracts, a living wage for all workers, modest tax increases for the very well off...and so on.

Yes I know you would hate it but it was definitely something different.

I also know you will not be bothered to read the entire manifesto even if I referenced it for you. It is so easy to find that if you had any intention of doing so you would already have found it yourself.

But here is a good summary of the key points....

Labour manifesto at-a-glance: Summary of key points - BBC News

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on December 09, 2022, 07:55:29 PM
Am talking about Labour's 2017 manifesto in a nutshell, the first steps on the road to replacing the failed thatcherite model with something much more akin to the nordic model
You think am going to tootle off and read up on something you referenced!! Jog on, post a reference or don't mention it. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on December 09, 2022, 07:48:41 PM
Care to elaborate on what you perceived as different? I'm not being pedantic, am I tested.
Am talking about Labour's 2017 manifesto in a nutshell, the first steps on the road to replacing the failed thatcherite model with something much more akin to the nordic model

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on December 09, 2022, 07:45:44 PM
When the Labour Party offered something different, the deep state in cahoots with establishment stooges everywhere made sure it didn't happen.
Care to elaborate on what you perceived as different? I'm not being pedantic, am I tested. 

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on December 08, 2022, 07:12:09 PM
Perhaps, but these things do not happen in a vacuum. They are obviously unhappy about how democracy is working in their country and it sounds as if they had a fairly sophisticated plan to (in their minds) fix it.
This is why it becomes potentially dangerous when the electorate cannot see any difference whichever party they vote for.
When the Labour Party offered something different, the deep state in cahoots with establishment stooges everywhere made sure it didn't happen.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2022, 08:28:33 AM
Actually I call it cats fighting in a bag. The speaker shut the Commons down for a while yesterday due to yet another Tory procedural cock-up.
Any Tories been asked to leave the chamber recently? NO

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 09, 2022, 08:17:41 AM
You call that a Tory Government ? 
Actually I call it cats fighting in a bag. The speaker shut the Commons down for a while yesterday due to yet another Tory procedural cock-up.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 08, 2022, 10:51:26 PM
There is still a Tory government. So it hasn't.
You call that a Tory Government ?  

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 08, 2022, 04:22:28 PM
And decide they want to create the second reich to replace it.....sounds delusional to me

You are right. Unemployment benefits, old age pensions, healthcare etc. You are right, it will never catch on. :)

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 08, 2022, 09:02:30 PM
Quite, I would not rule out it happening in Britain.
It already has 

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 08, 2022, 07:12:09 PM

This is why it becomes potentially dangerous when the electorate cannot see any difference whichever party they vote for.
Quite, I would not rule out it happening in Britain.