London keeps its crown as Europe's largest financial centre

Started by Nick, December 08, 2022, 05:05:13 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 09, 2022, 04:36:39 PM
it's a terrible shame in your hurry to shove fifty point headlines in my face you yourself forgot to look at the dates.

as I said in my opening response to your suggestion, I've been permanently employed as a developer at a challenger bank since October 2020 and I've had to complete several hours of training and assessments every few months proving I understand what is required of me as a bog standard employee in terms of openness with customers, consideration of customers best interests, and the nasty, nasty things the FCO will do to me personally if I see and ignore sharp practice.

I have to sit through hours of this crap and convince external bodies I know what to do to keep myself inside the law as it is now, not what it was a f**king decade ago, and know how to whistleblow wrongdoing and understand what happens if I don't.

it's a completely different game today to what it was when Santander were supposedly doing what they've been hauled over the coals for last doing five years ago.

Right. That's my last word on here. Because I ducking know the reality as it was in 1992, as it was in 2004, as it was in 2006/7 and as it is now.

the shitbags who made themselves a fortune then would not last five minutes now. Christ you can't  even spend (those courses tell me I am not allowed to put a figure here but you wouldn't have much of a foreign holiday on it) without some internal auditor red flagging you to the internal MLRO for consideration of the legality of your action.

And, as I have probably already posted (sorry, I am on so many boards these days I can't keep track), there is probably a housing crash due, but I have spent up so won't have to cash to buy any bargains.

Bugger
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2022, 06:20:01 PM
No it does not. Unless I copy and paste to wordpad, and copy from wordpad to the forum and even then it formatting may need to be removed. (None of which is necessary on any other forum I use.)
Again, you are the only person that complains of this.
You are the only person that posts that they change their browser settings.
You are the only person that SAYS they have turned images off.
You are the only person that can see images with images turned off.

ADMIN NOTICE

None of your problems are , or will be recognised as issues with this form. Any continuation of your complaints will be ignored. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2022, 06:20:01 PM
No it does not. Unless I copy and paste to wordpad, and copy from wordpad to the forum and even then it formatting may need to be removed. (None of which is necessary on any other forum I use.)
Have you heard of right clicking and pasting as plain text?
You're welcome.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2022, 05:04:51 PM
I did look at the dates it took long enough for them to get out.  Also I am NOT responsible for  how this forum pastes copied text.
So despite me telling you how things are now, in 2022, you deliberately posted something about a bunch of shitheads who did something between ten years ago and five years ago in hope we wouldn't spot it it is utterly irrelevant for financial organisations carrying out licensed business under FCO scrutiny today

there are no words. Well there are but .....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 09, 2022, 05:40:27 PM
This forum posts exactly what and how you post something,
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2022, 05:04:51 PM
I did look at the dates it took long enough for them to get out.  Also I am NOT responsible for  how this forum pastes copied text.
This forum posts exactly what and how you post something, unless it is a censored word, and even then it keeps the formatting. 
There is also a preview function so YOU and YOU alone are responsible for YOUR contents. Not once have you accepted responsibility for any mistakes you post. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 09, 2022, 04:36:39 PM
it's a terrible shame in your hurry to shove fifty point headlines in my face you yourself forgot to look at the dates.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2022, 10:58:15 AM
Between 31 December 2012 and 18 October 2017

as I said in my opening response to your suggestion, I've been permanently employed as a developer at a challenger bank since October 2020 and I've had to complete several hours of training and assessments every few months proving I understand what is required of me as a bog standard employee in terms of openness with customers, consideration of customers best interests, and the nasty, nasty things the FCO will do to me personally if I see and ignore sharp practice.

I have to sit through hours of this crap and convince external bodies I know what to do to keep myself inside the law as it is now, not what it was a f**king decade ago, and know how to whistleblow wrongdoing and understand what happens if I don't.

it's a completely different game today to what it was when Santander were supposedly doing what they've been hauled over the coals for last doing five years ago.

Right. That's my last word on here. Because I ducking know the reality as it was in 1992, as it was in 2004, as it was in 2006/7 and as it is now.

the shitbags who made themselves a fortune then would not last five minutes now. Christ you can't  even spend (those courses tell me I am not allowed to put a figure here but you wouldn't have much of a foreign holiday on it) without some internal auditor red flagging you to the internal MLRO for consideration of the legality of your action.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2022, 12:50:27 PM
I expect Hunt's deregulation proposals to lead to another 2008.
Unlikely, as 2008 won't be repeated, ever.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 09, 2022, 12:28:04 PMSo expect so more fines that will be passed on to you and the other customers.
I expect Hunt's deregulation proposals to lead to another 2008.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2022, 11:33:19 AM
Borchester you cannot (expletive deleted,) Help it. I DO NOT have an account with Santander bank.

I don't blame you Pappy. Santander are not the best bank in the world. That said, once the money regulators get a fit of the virtues they usually start on the other banks who are always up to no good. So expect so more fines that will be passed on to you and the other customers.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 09, 2022, 11:48:52 AM
No he can't so best ignored.
Can't be done. For reasons already posted.  I asked politely for him to stop and nothing has been done.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 09, 2022, 11:33:19 AM
Borchester you cannot (expletive deleted,) Help it. I DO NOT have an account with Santander bank.
No he can't so best ignored.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 09, 2022, 11:19:47 AM
Well, I know that Santander is a bank and not a particularly good one, so I am not surprised that it is anti money.

I dare say that it will pay the fine by putting Pappy's bank fees up.