So where's the loyalty?

Started by T00ts, December 10, 2022, 09:45:44 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 14, 2022, 11:15:58 AM
John posted the link with all the detail in it, 80% of cases won by the employee. (Which John explained in depth.)
Well John is wrong, and seeing you're being his b***h, perhaps you can point it out.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 14, 2022, 11:10:42 AM
Seeing as you can read, you can point out where it shows the outcome of cases for the work time directive then.

I'll wait for your inevitable squirm out of it.
John posted the link with all the detail in it, 80% of cases won by the employee. (Which John explained in depth.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 14, 2022, 11:02:35 AM
Nick I have no problem reading ferry schedules for ferries that I use.  The other  ferries are of no use to me whatsoever.
Seeing as you can read, you can point out where it shows the outcome of cases for the work time directive then. 

I'll wait for your inevitable squirm out of it. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 14, 2022, 10:52:36 AM
I won't take the word of someone that can't even read a ferry schedule thank you.
Nick I have no problem reading ferry schedules for ferries that I use.  The other  ferries are of no use to me whatsoever.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 14, 2022, 10:48:09 AM
It is there, you did not read all of the link, (as per usual.)
I won't take the word of someone that can't even read a ferry schedule thank you. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 14, 2022, 10:46:10 AM
He can't see what isn't there.
It is there, you did not read all of the link, (as per usual.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 14, 2022, 08:51:08 AM
Obviously John can see what you can't.
He can't see what isn't there. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 14, 2022, 08:32:10 AM
It doesn't mention the success rates of work time directive that I can see.
Obviously John can see what you can't.

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 14, 2022, 12:54:22 AM
But they did.

The article took a bit of reading but clearly stated the percentages of claims settled out of court, taken to court, and won.

If I recall correctly the summary stated there had been a significant drop in cases raised, which could be viewed as less employees being dissatisfied but could also be viewed as fewer finding a way to make their grievance heard, particularly since the tories created fees of over £1000 to make a tribunal application, a trend that has now reversed with the cancellation of the fees.

they went on to say in recent years there has been a rise in cases once raised actually going to the tribunal, implying the employers think they have a good chance of getting their way, but then the actual figures show about 80% of the working time complaints are upheld.

as Brian cox says 'of course it's true, you can f**king see it'
It doesn't mention the success rates of work time directive that I can see. 

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 14, 2022, 12:54:22 AM

they went on to say in recent years there has been a rise in cases once raised actually going to the tribunal, implying the employers think they have a good chance of getting their way, but then the actual figures show about 80% of the working time complaints are upheld.

as Brian cox says 'of course it's true, you can f**king see it'
Quite, IF employees can be represented at tribunals the success rate is higher than 80%. (It is why being in a union is a good idea.)

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2022, 07:57:03 PM
Inaccurate claims aren't  the issue, they don't give their success rate in taking these claims to court.
But they did.

The article took a bit of reading but clearly stated the percentages of claims settled out of court, taken to court, and won.

If I recall correctly the summary stated there had been a significant drop in cases raised, which could be viewed as less employees being dissatisfied but could also be viewed as fewer finding a way to make their grievance heard, particularly since the tories created fees of over £1000 to make a tribunal application, a trend that has now reversed with the cancellation of the fees.

as Brian cox says 'of course it's true, you can fucking see it'
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 13, 2022, 10:34:12 AM
yes, i am. I take it you are saying they are inaccurate in the claim ?

I feel it likely thay are using data derived from here

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/tribunals-statistics#employment-tribunal-and-employment-appeal-tribunal-statistics-(gb)

But this isn't my argument, it's you who is claiming it to be bullshit and now the server is back I have a day job to do.
Inaccurate claims aren't  the issue, they don't give their success rate in taking these claims to court.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2022, 10:10:24 AM
So that's a no then.

The only no, is you yet again in denial. Rogue employers get their backsides bitten when they ignore employment regulation when it gets to tribunal.  It can cost them many £thousands in compensation, and/or in extreme cases end up with the business closing.

johnofgwent

Anyway, I feel this thread has strayed somewhat from its intent

To bring it back into line, and to prove there may be more in common with a certain devolved government and the one its extremist cottage burners would like to be rid of, I post this from over 40 years ago ...

https://youtu.be/wXKDPFpjJcI
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2022, 08:31:11 AM
So you're quite happy to take the stats from an employment lawyer touting for business, one that doesn't actually give you the figures for outcome on the Work time Directive.
yes, i am. I take it you are saying they are inaccurate in the claim ?

I feel it likely thay are using data derived from here

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/tribunals-statistics#employment-tribunal-and-employment-appeal-tribunal-statistics-(gb)

But this isn't my argument, it's you who is claiming it to be bullshit and now the server is back I have a day job to do.