It will never catch on

Started by Streetwalker, December 16, 2022, 11:35:37 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 22, 2022, 08:08:58 PM
Nick I have been referencing evidence for years. Recently you mentioned over 100000 excess deaths.
Same old non-answers. 
The deaths were a reference to Covid not hing to do with benefits. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 22, 2022, 08:06:36 PM
And of course you have proof of that?
People have the right to self determination, if they decide to not work and die then that's their choice.
Nick I have been referencing evidence for years. Recently you mentioned over 100000 excess deaths.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 22, 2022, 03:32:29 PM
The hostile environment and killing people in the process is unacceptable.
And of course you have proof of that?
People have the right to self determination, if they decide to not work and die then that's their choice. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 22, 2022, 12:03:49 PM
Why should the Government give claimants an easy ride? They need to make sure they are legit and not taking the mick.
The hostile environment and killing people in the process is unacceptable.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 22, 2022, 10:19:49 AM
There is next to zero about the hostile environment of the government towards disabled people, and benefits claimants in the UK press/media.  Next to no reporting of select committee meetings. The list of journalists/presenters who have left for foreign news channels is a long one. BBC ones being at the top of the list.  (Even to Press TV and Al Jazeera.)
Also when was the last time you saw John Pilger on British TV/current affairs.
Why should the Government give claimants an easy ride? They need to make sure they are legit and not taking the mick. 

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on December 22, 2022, 09:42:14 AM
Give us a couple of serious issues that the uk news media is not covering. Also, naming some British journalists who have shifted to foreign media would be informative.

Otherwise you're just doing what you're often accused of doing, which is spouting generalisations without giving any verifiable specifics...
There is next to zero about the hostile environment of the government towards disabled people, and benefits claimants in the UK press/media.  Next to no reporting of select committee meetings. The list of journalists/presenters who have left for foreign news channels is a long one. BBC ones being at the top of the list.  (Even to Press TV and Al Jazeera.) 
Also when was the last time you saw John Pilger on British TV/current affairs.

patman post

Give us a couple of serious issues that the uk news media is not covering. Also, naming some British journalists who have shifted to foreign media would be informative.

Otherwise you're just doing what you're often accused of doing, which is spouting generalisations without giving any verifiable specifics...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 21, 2022, 09:12:54 PM
Sensationalism, and he never responds when called out.
What is sensational is the British press/media not reporting about serious issues effecting the British population. Yet British politicians are quite happy to be interviewed on foreign TV new/current affairs programs to comment. There has also been a steady exodus of British TV/press reporters/presenters moving to foreign channels because they are fed up with editorial gagging in Britain.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on December 21, 2022, 09:06:04 PM
Can you give examples of a couple of these issues you're panting learn about that UK news media are ignoring...?
Sensationalism, and he never responds when called out. 

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on December 21, 2022, 03:13:10 PM
The problem is issues not being covered by the UK media or press  when they should be.
Can you give examples of a couple of these issues you're panting learn about that UK news media are ignoring...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on December 21, 2022, 12:43:38 PM
Can you give any examples of news about Britain you're not getting from UK news media?

I get plenty of general major business, economic and political news throughout the day, every day. Any specific topics and particular interests are easily researched through local and specific activity publications.

I doubt I'd get an accurate picture of happenings in the UK from reading, listening to, or viewing foreign news outlets....
The problem is issues not being covered by the UK media or press  when they should be.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on December 21, 2022, 12:43:38 PM
Can you give any examples of news about Britain you're not getting from UK news media?

I get plenty of general major business, economic and political news throughout the day, every day. Any specific topics and particular interests are easily researched through local and specific activity publications.

I doubt I'd get an accurate picture of happenings in the UK from reading, listening to, or viewing foreign news outlets....

I suspect that Pappy gets his news from Planet Zog where the Page 3 girl is Dejah Thoris.

I have had a (very) limited exposure to the writing of economic reports. This was largely due to a splendid boss who gave me the job because

(a) I was vaguely literate (it was an extremely small field)

(b) it did not matter what I wrote because today's brilliant forecast was tomorrow's fish and chip wrapper

(c) she could not be arsed

The above does not give me a lot of faith in the writings of any economists, but I do think that we would all be better off if we remembered that most of them are inspired by jolly ladies from Barbados

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on December 17, 2022, 04:12:03 PM
What annoys me is I have to resort to watching foreign new bulletins about Britain to find out what is going on. The foreign news outlets cover aspects of Britain none of the British media or press bother to mention.
Can you give any examples of news about Britain you're not getting from UK news media?

I get plenty of general major business, economic and political news throughout the day, every day. Any specific topics and particular interests are easily researched through local and specific activity publications.