It’s a royal washout

Started by cromwell, December 22, 2022, 11:01:24 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Well I said ages ago the UK should follow the Dutch model and the only reason it doesn't is the scandal that caused the rather fortunate, as lefty's portray it, abdication of Edward The 8th

Liz and Phil should have buggered off to enjoy an old age out of the limelight a good thirty five years ago and Charlie Wingnuts should have been and gone at least five years ago.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on December 22, 2022, 03:35:46 PM
Given how old he is that is a certainty.
With both parents lasting to their late nineties, Charles might have the genes to last another 25 years...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 22, 2022, 11:27:28 AM
  He won't reign for long.
Given how old he is that is a certainty.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on December 22, 2022, 11:01:24 AM
Remember that?
Yes it's a knockout did wonders for the royal family,and now we have big ears the ditherer.

Whilst I feel a tad sorry for Harry he got what he wanted leaving the royals behind and should do just that though I might well lose my rag reading some of what the British  press present as truth and the thoughts of Clarkson the clown.

Big ears should do the decent thing and step down go off and natter to  his plants and the ugly sister,if the institution is to survive Wills needs to take the helm.
That's all very well but like with many things you can't pick and choose the bits that don't suit. The line of succession is well established for good or evil and if we decide who that should include then you have already done away with the Monarchy and made it subject to a vote. Wills is not ready. He is a bit of a hot head with his great grandfather's temper. He needs to mellow before he is in a position to take the real lead. Charles may well be a ditherer but there are times when that can be a bonus.  He won't reign for long.

cromwell

Remember that?
Yes it's a knockout did wonders for the royal family,and now we have big ears the ditherer.

Whilst I feel a tad sorry for Harry he got what he wanted leaving the royals behind and should do just that though I might well lose my rag reading some of what the British  press present as truth and the thoughts of Clarkson the clown.

Big ears should do the decent thing and step down go off and natter to  his plants and the ugly sister,if the institution is to survive Wills needs to take the helm.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?