God Bless The Postmen

Started by Borchester, December 22, 2022, 01:25:00 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 31, 2022, 10:54:26 PM
The legal entity will exist.

What it is about depends on its articles of assiciation

what good or harm it might do depends on it's membership and what they decide to
put to the union's officers.
And that is precisely my point, the Union is the legal entity, and they are the ones driving the narrative. I have friends who are level 5 and level 7 in the NHS and they are being told by the unions they are unhappy. This is the tail wagging the dog yet again. BTW, the level 7's are not allowed to strike. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 06:53:47 PM
A simple question.

If I form a Union as chairman and have an assistant Chairman, secretary and a financial officer. I have all the things legally required, including a quorum. Does this union exist?
The legal entity will exist.

What it is about depends on its articles of assiciation

what good or harm it might do depends on it's membership and what they decide to
put to the union's officers.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 31, 2022, 06:44:21 PM
Had enough Nick,learn to read what I actually posted go and twist someone else's posts.
A simple question. 

If I form a Union as chairman and have an assistant Chairman, secretary and a financial officer. I have all the things legally required, including a quorum. Does this union exist?

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 06:45:50 PM
I don't need to twist anything, you're doing that all on your own.
Final word,I do not debate like Smurphy and I know what you're doing and your antics are beyond foolish. 
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 31, 2022, 06:44:21 PM
Had enough Nick,learn to read what I actually posted go and twist someone else's posts.
I don't need to twist anything, you're doing that all on your own. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 06:41:05 PM
Once again you split from your own posting, now you are separating members from Unions. You're doing exactly what PS does, you're lurching from saying one thing and then the exact opposite. Argue from one position or the other, you can't do both.
Had enough Nick,learn to read what I actually posted go and twist someone else's posts.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 31, 2022, 06:33:24 PM
Beyond a joke now
And can't read either which is really comical ,I said this
And TBF neither do modern union leaders they know their power is limited and membership won't wear it and ted heath.........That was half a century ago.

The only twaddle is you labelled unions as terrorists and are moving the goal posts,should put this to bed.
Once again you split from your own posting, now you are separating members from Unions. You're doing exactly what PS does, you're lurching from saying one thing and then the exact opposite. Argue from one position or the other, you can't do both. 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 06:14:13 PM
Utter twaddle. Unions have no interest in toppling governments!! Really? You're showing your naivety there. Tell Ted Heath the unions had no interest in his government. That a union has no interest in getting rid of the Tories and putting a Labour government in its place. Comical.
Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 06:08:21 PM
Cromwell, you need to go and read the rules. Like any club, union or other membership society there are legal rules. And those rules state you have to have a committee, and to do any business you need a quorum. These are not my rules, these are the legal rules of the land. 

Once again you have posted there's a difference between a Union and its members, I've hi-lighted it to make it simple for you. 
Beyond a joke now
Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 06:14:13 PM
Utter twaddle. Unions have no interest in toppling governments!! Really? You're showing your naivety there. Tell Ted Heath the unions had no interest in his government. That a union has no interest in getting rid of the Tories and putting a Labour government in its place. Comical. 

And can't read either which is really comical ,I said this

Quoteunion members aren't stupid and have no interest in toppling the govt.
And TBF neither do modern union leaders they know their power is limited and membership won't wear it and ted heath.........That was half a century ago.

The only twaddle is you labelled unions as terrorists and are moving the goal posts,should put this to bed.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 31, 2022, 03:02:56 PM
Yeah like govts,councils businesses but they can be stopped
No they aim high then settle lower and can do nothing without the union members agreement.
The idea is to protect their terms and conditions,union members aren't stupid and have no interest in toppling the govt.
Sure is
well the supposition their aims are extreme is just that.
Lets face it you have directors/management who are being manipulated in that the govt is stopping the negotiating,also no one has an answer as to why we are paying for a privatised industry be indemnified against all losses in this dispute or even why an industry that was privatised is being given our money surely this is a dispute between private businesses and unions.
Utter twaddle. Unions have no interest in toppling governments!! Really? You're showing your naivety there. Tell Ted Heath the unions had no interest in his government. That a union has no interest in getting rid of the Tories and putting a Labour government in its place. Comical. 

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 31, 2022, 01:06:12 PM
No I didn't,what I said was in answer to you,if you have one person it's not an entity or a union it's  an idea of let's form a union it only becomes a union if enough people become members and because you started it doesn't make you chairman it takes people who then organise and vote,formulate rules etc.

Nick you are desperately trying to compare unions to terrorist organisations.........and failing miserably.

[highlight]A union has no power or use without its members.[/highlight]
Cromwell, you need to go and read the rules. Like any club, union or other membership society there are legal rules. And those rules state you have to have a committee, and to do any business you need a quorum. These are not my rules, these are the legal rules of the land. 

Once again you have posted there's a difference between a Union and its members, I've hi-lighted it to make it simple for you. 

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on December 31, 2022, 01:40:02 PM
People can be manipulated by those in authority even in a Union.
Yeah like govts,councils businesses but they can be stopped

QuoteWe have them seeking huge unreachable increases and isn't there an argument that lofty promises made on the back of vain hopes in order to achieve a walk out will almost bring the country to it's knees? some of their support. That in itself suggests action that was more group think than actual personal commitment/belief of the real members. 
No they aim high then settle lower and can do nothing without the union members agreement.
The idea is to protect their terms and conditions,union members aren't stupid and have no interest in toppling the govt.

QuoteTerrorist may well be an extreme word to describe them
Sure is

QuoteAs it is the extreme aims of the salaried leaders, who I believe are not 'workers' in the true sense of the word in that they work on the 'shop floor', are losing 

well the supposition their aims are extreme is just that.
Lets face it you have directors/management who are being manipulated in that the govt is stopping the negotiating,also no one has an answer as to why we are paying for a privatised industry be indemnified against all losses in this dispute or even why an industry that was privatised is being given our money surely this is a dispute between private businesses and unions.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 31, 2022, 01:57:43 PM
I know your default position is to blame anything Blue but according to my memory some have not been prepared to accept any negotiation which didn't fulfil their demands anyway. That's not negotiation it's bullying.

You memory is wrong, the government are refusing to negotiate with any of the unions currently carrying out strike action.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 31, 2022, 01:57:43 PM
I know your default position is to blame anything Blue but according to my memory some have not been prepared to accept any negotiation which didn't fulfil their demands anyway. That's not negotiation it's bullying.
So, I said as always, good morning, Postie, he said Mr Postie to you which we both laughed about, so I followed with, how come you are not on strike today, he said we are tired of that nonsense today, maybe tomorrow. LOL
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 31, 2022, 01:45:05 PM
That is how negotiations start. Unfortunately the current crop of Tory ministers seem too thick/intransigent to understand that.
There are long established courses that teach negotiation skills. (My mother went on one around 60 years ago, when she was a parish councilor.) I am afraid Tories have zero negotiations skills.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 31, 2022, 01:40:02 PM
We have them seeking huge unreachable increases
That is how negotiations start. Unfortunately the current crop of Tory ministers seem too thick/intransigent to understand that.
There are long established courses that teach negotiation skills. (My mother went on one around 60 years ago, when she was a parish councilor.) I am afraid Tories have zero negotiations skills.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe