God Bless The Postmen

Started by Borchester, December 22, 2022, 01:25:00 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2022, 10:14:22 AM
The unions are merely trying to mitigate the double effect of Tory mismanagement for the last 12 years and the soaring cost of living.

And a piss poor chance they have of doing so.

None of these strikes have had any effect beyond minor inconveniences to the public and the usual outbreaks of hysteria from the Little Snoring branches of the Tory party.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 26, 2022, 09:26:04 AM
Don't take it so literally. The Unions are at war with the Government 
The unions are merely trying to mitigate the double effect of Tory mismanagement for the last 12 years and the soaring cost of living.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on December 26, 2022, 12:41:00 AM
No they don'tNo I don't agree because it's a ludicrous argument that compares the RCN,ambulance personnel,posties and train drivers to members of the IRA,Inla,Al Qaeda and other such killers and bombers.

Based on that statement of yours tories and supporters like you are extreme right wing Nazis.

Big ears Christmas address today praised emergency and public workers who are battling the cost of living crisis,so are you saying the king is a terrorist sympathiser?

Nick you need to stop swallowing the crap printed in the daily wail.
Don't take it so literally. The Unions are at war with the Government and it is obvious that they will use any means they can to bring them down even at the cost of the country. How must disruption/damage are you prepared to accept?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 25, 2022, 11:44:04 PM
They operate using the exact same tactics, just cause you don't agree doesn't make it so.
Really? They have not assassinated any Tory MPs or ministers, or planted any bombs.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 25, 2022, 11:44:04 PM
They operate using the exact same tactics,
No they don't
Quotejust cause you don't agree doesn't make it so. 
No I don't agree because it's a ludicrous argument that compares the RCN,ambulance personnel,posties and train drivers to members of the IRA,Inla,Al Qaeda and other such killers and bombers.

Based on that statement of yours tories and supporters like you are extreme right wing Nazis.

Big ears Christmas address today praised emergency and public workers who are battling the cost of living crisis,so are you saying the king is a terrorist sympathiser?

Nick you need to stop swallowing the crap printed in the daily wail.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 25, 2022, 09:47:14 PM
Yes and you know full well why I asked,unions are not terrorists it's a ridiculous statement.
They operate using the exact same tactics, just cause you don't agree doesn't make it so. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 25, 2022, 08:07:12 PM
You know full well or you wouldn't have asked.
Yes and you know full well why I asked,unions are not terrorists it's a ridiculous statement.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on December 25, 2022, 07:11:19 AM
What terrorists would that be?
You know full well or you wouldn't have asked. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on December 25, 2022, 07:11:19 AM
Possibly the armed wing of the Letterati that aims to deliver a post mail society...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on December 24, 2022, 01:26:46 PM
Nothing to do with the terrorists then?

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on December 24, 2022, 03:25:18 PM
Surely the drive for a paperless society makes postal services redundant. They can't fight that.
Yes but as with the drive for a cashless one, total obliteration is neither feasible or desirable, the volume may reduce but I am certain some level of demand for physical communication will persist.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Surely the drive for a paperless society makes postal services redundant. They can't fight that.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2022, 10:17:01 AM
The blame will be the management not the workforce.
Blame the whole industry and its supervision. It's been realised for years that the universal service was not sustainable in its current form.

Modifications enacted by ministers from three parties have been tinkering or just plain wrong. Managements and employees haven't really tried to cooperate on sustainability and hours and conditions. The result is today's mess — it's British Rail mk II: govt wanted to cut subsidies, CWU was only interested in more pay but with limited adaptation of working practice...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on December 23, 2022, 09:50:50 AM
My daughter posted a card 1st class to her sister on 7th Dec and it arrived just yesterday. My teenage grandkids have designed their own Ecards to send to me which have been fun. I have received a variety of messages and ecards but only one by post which was weeks ago. I have sent nothing by post. The postal service may not recover from this.
We jointly designed our own cards (two versions) and mailed them ahead of the overseas dates, and by 20 Dec for UK.

Letter post is becoming so erratic and expensive within the UK, I can see deliveries being cut to Mon, Wed, and Fri, except for recipients like businesses that willing to pay a subscription for a daily delivery...

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 22, 2022, 11:48:30 PM
I have heard some may not be delivered for weeks.
I'm
The French have a good idea. By including New Year wishes, it's acceptable for greetings cards not to arrive until February...