Main Menu

A potato question

Started by Borchester, December 22, 2022, 10:30:16 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on December 22, 2022, 10:30:16 PM
I was rummaging around among the potato store and found that a lot of the spuds had sprouted, which poses the question of what to do next.

If I leave them they will carry on spouting and be shagged out come spring, but if I plant them will they survive the frost?

As always, all advice gratefully received
Oh god. You have an industrial quantity of the vegetable in question don't you

I say that because a good few years ago when we grew stuff in the quarter acre of lower garden I couldn't be arsed to seed as a lawn in our last house,  we got away with planting the few dozen spuds that sprouted unexpectedly like this in planters in the ramshackle lean to conservatory and the proximity to the kitchen kept the frost at bay so they survived and we got an early crop by transplanting but I think we just got lucky.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

I was rummaging around among the potato store and found that a lot of the spuds had sprouted, which poses the question of what to do next.

If I leave them they will carry on spouting and be shagged out come spring, but if I plant them will they survive the frost?

As always, all advice gratefully received
Algerie Francais !