Main Menu

A Christmas Crunch

Started by johnofgwent, December 24, 2022, 02:43:03 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

My wife has just gone out in search of some Star Anise. (I think it is an excuse to go out for a drink.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

So about two hours ago my eldest declared 'F@@@ there's no cat litter left' followed shortly after by 'F@@@ the shop down the road is sold out'

I hadn't planned on using the Leaf but it still had half its range left so all we had to find was a pet shop open at a quarter to mid day Christmas Eve ... amazingly we found one 

But getting out of my road was a challenge. Some T@@@ in an Audi lost it right by the junction at the top of the hill came off the road and ploughed into the boundary fence of the bungalow right across the junction 

I'm not sure what he hit the back of but there's a substantial pile of wreckage that used to be the front of a big audi and some green plastic suggesting it was a bus and a load of bits of plastic picket fence all over the road.

Ho Ho Ho. 

Does Green Flag charge extra for seasonal call-outs ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>