Main Menu

Will they share?

Started by T00ts, December 24, 2022, 03:34:01 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Have a generator which I have yet to use,be enough to keep the lights on and hook up to gas boiler.

And it's a inverter gen so electronics should be safe.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 24, 2022, 09:53:00 PM
I concur, you're not suggesting PS is making stuff up? Whatever next?
I've worked extensively in Toronto and Montreal (Longueuil) and have seen some brutal weather, I always hired a GMC Yukon which is like a war horse. Skied Tremblant when it was -26 degrees and my balaclava froze to my face. But by far the scariest thing SW was the 401!! Who thought that was a good idea lol
Nick I suggest you stop attacking me on a regular basis, when you are so removed from current affairs.  I have not been able to contact any my relatives in Canada. That is now getting worrying as there are a lot of them, spread over Toronto area. ALL of their postcodes have severe weather warnings on them.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on December 24, 2022, 04:18:55 PM
So presumably that means that they would have heating of some sort. I have to say that if I have a power cut I am reduced to a camping stove. 
I'm not sure what the hell we could do now.

in our first home after our marriage we had no mains gas, so we gad a couple of those calor gas fires that ran off cylinders. When we moved to our first centrally heated home we sold one to a friend and kept the other as an emergency facility. I dumped it years ago. We have a gas barbecue in the shed which I guess I could drag in and I've got some spare cylinders so we'd be ok for a short time but the councils have banned the sort of wood and coal burning stuff mum and grandma were able to fall back on so I guess we will have to hunt for council snowflakes stick a pole up their arse and light them to keep warm. Plenty of fat on most of the labour and Lib Dem shitbags
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 24, 2022, 08:27:24 PM
As a Torontonian I have the local rag in my news feed so yes Ive seen the weather reports . (They are on the page after the Maple Leafs match report )

The storm didnt hit Toronto or the greater Toronto area as bad as was predicted , some were even complaining why the schools were shut on Friday with only between 5 -8 cm , thats less than 4 inches in English ,nothing for a country that counts snowfall in meters . The biggest hic ups were the Via rail which got stuck outside the area and Pearson being shut mainly because  destinations were and because of  ice with the low temperatures being the main problem  .

Yes there are power cuts with some lines down but thats nothing new , anyone living out in the sticks would have their own generators , its no big deal .
The sever weather warning has now ended . For me it was another over reaction by the climate change zealots and will be something they will point to in months to come as 'proof'

'Once in a decade' storm eases into the weekend | The Star
I concur, you're not suggesting PS is making stuff up? Whatever next?
I've worked extensively in Toronto and Montreal (Longueuil) and have seen some brutal weather, I always hired a GMC Yukon which is like a war horse. Skied Tremblant when it was -26 degrees and my balaclava froze to my face. But by far the scariest thing SW was the 401!! Who thought that was a good idea lol
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2022, 05:46:42 PM
You can't have seen the current weather reports for the Toronto area. My relatives all live out in "the sticks."
As a Torontonian I have the local rag in my news feed so yes Ive seen the weather reports . (They are on the page after the Maple Leafs match report )

The storm didnt hit Toronto or the greater Toronto area as bad as was predicted , some were even complaining why the schools were shut on Friday with only between 5 -8 cm , thats less than 4 inches in English ,nothing for a country that counts snowfall in meters . The biggest hic ups were the Via rail which got stuck outside the area and Pearson being shut mainly because  destinations were and because of  ice with the low temperatures being the main problem  .

Yes there are power cuts with some lines down but thats nothing new , anyone living out in the sticks would have their own generators , its no big deal . 
The sever weather warning has now ended . For me it was another over reaction by the climate change zealots and will be something they will point to in months to come as 'proof' 

'Once in a decade' storm eases into the weekend | The Star

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 24, 2022, 04:46:11 PM
They are probably out enjoying the things Canadians do in the winter . I lived in Toronto as a kid , nothing better than a snow storm and -20 that freezes the lakes for the hockey season And high front doors . Power lines are normally quickly restored .
You can't have seen the current weather reports for the Toronto area. My relatives all live out in "the sticks."

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2022, 04:02:20 PM
Britain usually gets the bad weather a few weeks afterwards.  I have a number of relatives who live in the Toronto area, in the "at serious risk," areas and I have as yet not been able to contact any of them.
They are probably out enjoying the things Canadians do in the winter . I lived in Toronto as a kid , nothing better than a snow storm and -20 that freezes the lakes for the hockey season 
Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2022, 04:14:53 PM
At the minute I hope it is just power outages. Most of them are used to 20 feet of snow in the winter. Their homes have very high Chimney stacks because of it.
And high front doors . Power lines are normally quickly restored .

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2022, 04:14:53 PM
At the minute I hope it is just power outages. Most of them are used to 20 feet of snow in the winter. Their homes have very high Chimney stacks because of it.
So presumably that means that they would have heating of some sort. I have to say that if I have a power cut I am reduced to a camping stove.  

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 24, 2022, 04:11:35 PM
Oh I am sorry, that must be a real worry. I hope you get some good news very soon.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2022, 04:02:20 PM
Britain usually gets the bad weather a few weeks afterwards.  I have a number of relatives who live in the Toronto area, in the "at serious risk," areas and I have as yet not been able to contact any of them.
Oh I am sorry, that must be a real worry. I hope you get some good news very soon.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 24, 2022, 03:34:01 PM
The USA is struggling after a drastic fall in temperature within hours. Some deaths I believe, power outages and heavy snow. I have always understood that whatever USA weather does we receive in about 3 weeks. Is this what they are telling us is coming our way?
https://news.sky.com/story/temperatures-plunge-as-low-as-31c-as-bomb-cyclone-weather-storm-hits-us-12773389

T00ts

The USA is struggling after a drastic fall in temperature within hours. Some deaths I believe, power outages and heavy snow. I have always understood that whatever USA weather does we receive in about 3 weeks. Is this what they are telling us is coming our way? 
https://news.sky.com/story/temperatures-plunge-as-low-as-31c-as-bomb-cyclone-weather-storm-hits-us-12773389