Main Menu

Give us a job Guv!

Started by T00ts, December 24, 2022, 03:42:09 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 27, 2022, 07:31:00 PM
It's amazing that you think you know everything and everyone else knows zero about everything. You need to get a new set of one liners because your current set are boring.
Nick, I am amazed at so many people being so ill informed and ignorant of subjects that are widely investigated and reported.(At least I was until I checked the BARB viewing figures for new and current affairs and especially how few watch BBC Parliament and select committee meetings.
As for crop pickers the ignorance of people about the job is scary, especially by DeFRA and Tory MPs.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 27, 2022, 04:13:29 PM
Borchester you very obviously know zero about modern day crop picking. (Plus you keep making assumptions about me.  Unlike some on this forum I know what hard work is.) 
The problem with government is few of the MPs have ever done any hard work.
It's amazing that you think you know everything and everyone else knows zero about everything. You need to get a new set of one liners because your current set are boring. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 27, 2022, 03:31:39 PM
Not so long ago, the London dockers would be given a day's work. They would then sell a couple of hours of that work to other dockers so that they had the money to buy a dinner to enable them to complete the other six.

If you want to work you will always find a way. If you don't then Pappy will always find you an excuse :)
Borchester you very obviously know zero about modern day crop picking. (Plus you keep making assumptions about me.  Unlike some on this forum I know what hard work is.)  
The problem with government is few of the MPs have ever done any hard work.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 27, 2022, 08:07:11 AM
If you are hungry hard work tends to make you faint/pass out.

Not so long ago, the London dockers would be given a day's work. They would then sell a couple of hours of that work to other dockers so that they had the money to buy a dinner to enable them to complete the other six.

If you want to work you will always find a way. If you don't then Pappy will always find you an excuse :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on December 27, 2022, 03:48:26 AM
Depends how motivated they are.
You will find hunger to be highly motivational.
If you are hungry hard work tends to make you faint/pass out.

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2022, 11:56:25 AM
Baff you obviously know precisely zero about fruit picking. Most people over 40 would not last an hour.
Depends how motivated they are.
You will find hunger to be highly motivational.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on December 26, 2022, 04:43:57 PM

LOL how did you come to that conclusion? I know nothing of machetes but am pretty handy with other knives - there must surely be a discipline you could devise that would teach correct and proper use involving respect for the dangers  without unleashing mayhem  Rather like martial arts!  :)
Is it a blue moon because this time I think pappy might have a point. The reason I was able to take down the vandals brawlers and burglars that have tried to make a nuisance of themselves over the last 40 years is the recent ones were pissed off their head and the rest were incompetent.

Willie Whitelaw's "short sharp shock" boot camp did nothing for the law abiding except infest us with leaner, meaner, fitter criminals. I was personally astounded with the speed by which the one such I caught trying to break into the local chemist made his getaway having been disturbed by my driving by and had he not slipped over and gone sideways into a post box he wpuld not have been apprehended by some upright citizens who were deprived of the chance to give the little shit te kicking he deserved by the prompt arrival of the plod.

Frankly, the thought of three of the little bastards of his ilk arriving tooled up with machetes they KNOW how to use scares me shitless. I need their leader to be so incompetent i can take him down with a pickaxe handle.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2022, 01:58:43 PM
I have seen little reporting of machetes being used in attacks in Britain, load of knives, but not machetes.
Then come to Newport. They are the standard weapon of the blade crime reports round here.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2022, 04:11:05 PM
Really, so instead of severe injuries you wish them to be able to take someone's head off with one blow.

LOL how did you come to that conclusion? I know nothing of machetes but am pretty handy with other knives - there must surely be a discipline you could devise that would teach correct and proper use involving respect for the dangers  without unleashing mayhem  Rather like martial arts!  :)

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 26, 2022, 04:03:42 PM
Good for you perhaps you should start a Machete school and get these chaps properly taught! 
Really, so instead of severe injuries you wish them to be able to take someone's head off with one blow.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2022, 02:45:25 PM
T00ts it is not a case of getting out more knife crime is out of control but the use of machetes in crime is low in number in comparison but increasing. (I have a WW2 British army issue machete I use for chopping lighting wood.)
Good for you perhaps you should start a Machete school and get these chaps properly taught!  

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 26, 2022, 02:06:27 PM
We keep telling you to get out there more. There are plenty of reports and one of a 6 fold increase in 7 years. I think by next year the crops will be well catered for.
T00ts it is not a case of getting out more knife crime is out of control but the use of machetes in crime is low in number in comparison but increasing. (I have a WW2 British army issue machete I use for chopping lighting wood.)

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2022, 01:58:43 PM
I have seen little reporting of machetes being used in attacks in Britain, load of knives, but not machetes.
We keep telling you to get out there more. There are plenty of reports and one of a 6 fold increase in 7 years. I think by next year the crops will be well catered for.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 26, 2022, 01:47:54 PM
I agree but bless them they are practicing!  ;D

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2022, 01:39:47 PM
Wielding is not skilled in the use of them.
I agree but bless them they are practicing!  ;D