Main Menu

I went outside...

Started by DeppityDawg, February 01, 2020, 11:08:26 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

My son keeps promising to take me to an Indian restaurant in Streatham High Street that serves a lamb biryani to die for.

Looks like he could be right.
Algerie Francais !

Scott777

If any parts of the sky do fall, I can't rule out remainers as the cause.

But there is this.

Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=15114 time=1580663484 user_id=50
Well, that's just my experience of reading (reading being a loose term on here for many posters) some of the exchanges that take place. It is a bit like a cross between Crackerjack (if you can remember that...actually Cromwell can remember when it was in black and white :lol: ) and a pantomime.

And give him a cabbage  :-P  :-P  :lol:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts post_id=15069 time=1580656855 user_id=54
I've dropped into a parallel universe!   :o  :shock:  :-?  :lol:

Well, that's just my experience of reading (reading being a loose term on here for many posters) some of the exchanges that take place. It is a bit like a cross between Crackerjack (if you can remember that...actually Cromwell can remember when it was in black and white  :lol: ) and a pantomime.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=15087 time=1580659746 user_id=58
Well if you wanted peace you should have thought of that before brexit. Dont say you werent warned. If you thought the last three years or so was bad , things are just about to get ramped up even more.

:) Edit to add smiley toots in case you thought i was coming across all aggressive. Just calling it as i see it , and the shackles are all off now.

Oh dear. Perhaps I'll hibernate again!  ;)

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=15086 time=1580659634 user_id=54
Of course! Why didn't I realise that? It seems that that particular madness is ongoing. So much for peace in our time!

Well if you wanted peace you should have thought of that before brexit. Dont say you werent warned. If you thought the last three years or so was bad , things are just about to get ramped up even more.

:) Edit to add smiley toots in case you thought i was coming across all aggressive. Just calling it as i see it , and the shackles are all off now.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=15078 time=1580658705 user_id=58
Its called brexit toots. :lol:

Of course! Why didn't I realise that? It seems that that particular madness is ongoing. So much for peace in our time!

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Ah, the sky did not fall on the moment of Brexit, which isn't really a surprise.  But did things suddenly and miraculously get better?  Did Zimbabwe offer to become part of the British Empire again?  Did Morris Minors miraculously start rolling off the production line at Cowley?

The problems caused by Brexit are likely to be gradual and cumulative.  The main cliff-edge scenario is if the pound drops suddenly, which nobody can really predict.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=15069 time=1580656855 user_id=54

Its called brexit toots. :lol:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=15057 time=1580654566 user_id=50
...yes it does...

...no it doesn't...

...yes it does...

:lol:

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry post_id=15055 time=1580652236 user_id=51
:hattip

Your link does not work.  :lol:  :lol:

...yes it does...

...no it doesn't...

...yes it does...

:lol:

Barry

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=15053 time=1580649355 user_id=50

Poster C- Yes they do. Here is a link to pinkocommiesubversive.com which proves it

:hattip

Your link does not work.  :lol:  :lol:
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry post_id=14971 time=1580570337 user_id=51
But wasn't it dark at 06:00?  :lol:

No. Not in JoG Towers Land.

Six floodlights installed by the residents to take the retinas off any itinerant wannabe burglar that gwent police cant be arsed to pursue because EU regulations demand they spend so much time mincing round waving rainbow flags meant as soon as I stepped through my front door I was picked out as if I were Fred Astaire dancing at the London Palladium.

The sky above might have been a bit dark but with the rain pissing down I could not really tell
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Borchester post_id=15025 time=1580601515 user_id=62

And I replied, "Go fvuk yourself"

Which cheered me up a bit but not as much as the Brexit kerfuffle.

DD wholly approves of this approach. In a world where every man and his fecking dog can now be "offended" by the way you hold a tea cup, there should be more of this forthright approach. Say for instance, Lawrence Fox had said to Lady Muck on BBCQT the other week "Look luv, just feck off and irritate the feck out of someone else with your pathetic victim group opinions", I'm sure the conversation could have been ended much sooner, and everyone could have retired to the pub for a pint. Take the average conversation on here for example, which goes something like this -

Poster A - Blah blah blah Brexit blah blah blah Boris Johnson blah blah blah paint thinners

Poster B - Blah blah blah fascist blah blah blah racist blah blah blah Empire dreamer

Poster C- The tories eat babies

Poster D - Here we go. No they don't

Poster C- Yes they do

Poster D- No they don't

Poster C- Yes they do. Here is a link to pinkocommiesubversive.com which proves it

Poster D- oh for feck sake

Poster C- I've just put a new roof on my garage

Poster D - I wish the fecking thing would fall on you

Poster C- Its not my fault the Daily Mail is run by axe murderers

Poster D- It isn't

Poster C - It is

Poster D - It isn't. Its just you are a zealot

Poster C- I DO NOT support any political party

Poster D- Yes you do

Poster C- No I don't

Poster D -Shoot me someone

You get the general idea?

Wouldn't it just be a lot quicker to say "feck off" right at the start?

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=14941 time=1580557734 user_id=50
I'd be interested to hear Borchesters views on the position of the sky. I expect he is down the allotment, which would be an ideal place to view the sky from. Also, Borchester always has a humorous take on such matters, unlike the average remainer (me not included), whose whole outlook appears to be that the UK is well and truly Donald ducked. Even if it is Donald ducked, Borchester always manages to find a joke in it.

Papasmurfs view on the sky wouldn't add much to this conversation I suspect. The Tories have been cost cutting in relation to the sky's security, so even if it is still in the sky, its likely to fall at any moment. Preferably on him.

I am sorry Deppity, but it is hard to be cheerful. As Toots has already posted, for the better part of four years we have happily tossed and gored each other over Brexit. But now what? Alright, there should be another year of haggling over tariffs and such, but what will that really mean? Sod all. Just a few minor civil servants droning on about the duty on knicker elastic. Sad stuff.

Last night, just before I set the bonfire alight I looked up and saw Venus the evening star and said to my mate, "Look, that is Venus, the evening star. I will get my binoculars and examine it more closely"

and my mate said "Venus ain't a star, it is planet. And there is nothing to see because it is covered in cloud. And I don't think that "more closely" is grammatical."

And I replied, "Go fvuk yourself"

Which cheered me up a bit but not as much as the Brexit kerfuffle.
Algerie Francais !