Oh dear - the scales!!

Started by T00ts, December 26, 2022, 02:02:37 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Well I have been losing weight in the last 18 months since I began doing much more physical work in my job with less time spent on checkouts. At one point I weighed nearly 20 stone but am now closer to 17. I am 5 foot 11 so that amount of weight is less concerning than it would be for someone much shorter. I am still overweight of course but not worryingly so and it is heading in the right direction.

Like many at this time of year I have eaten more than usual these last two days but I will work it off within a couple of weeks. More concerning as a diabetic is the amount of chocolates, christmas cake and christmas pudding I have been eating, but again it is only two days so my blood sugars will recover. I have a new years resolution planned to cut out all sweets and chocolate, the only exception being glucose sweets for medical reasons, to be taken on those occasions when I can feel my blood sugars getting too low. Most diabetics carry glucose sweets around with them for such situations.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on December 26, 2022, 10:34:25 PM
I'm sorry you feel so rough. You sound like you need some serious intervention.
I never had problems while my GP was one of those I trained or studied with. Sadly they have retired and the new lot think they know better because they don't know what used to do. 

Fortunately I have a chat booked on the 29th to determine if the loss of sensation is a significant issue, and on the 9th Jan I have another with the practice pharmacist whose main job there is to determine the accuracy of prescribed medicines. What's more to the point is he is in a worse state than me and we can therefore have meaningful discussions on the matter ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 26, 2022, 09:16:38 PM
I FEEL like shit, i have barely any feeling in my little finger on the side that had the mini stroke impact the face, and i have literally for the hell of it weighed myself two minutes ago.

I am at this moment twenty one stone five pounds in my T shirt, shorts and socks. I have not been that light since 2005 when i had a stinking flu that destroyed my appetite for a fortnight and stupidly a few days after recovering agreed to jump into a bloody chilly lake. I weighted myself for my blubber content before the flu, jumped in and promptly sank to the lake bottom like a brick. In terms of recent loss/gain that is a loss of about half a pound since last week

For comparison I spent years at 24 and a half stone thanks to the stress that nearly succeeded in killing me at Logica, took about eight years to bring that down to 22 and a half stone and the BP down from 220/160 to 145/80

Right now my blood sugar is nine but i had a load of starchy stuff with a cold meat and prawn etc salad for tea and my BP is having problems hitting 110/70

I suspect I'm overdoinf the varius drugs I've been prescribed which have not been reviewed for at least a year
I'm sorry you feel so rough. You sound like you need some serious intervention.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on December 26, 2022, 02:02:37 PM
I eat fairly frugally as a rule but getting on the scales today has revealed that yesterday has taken its toll. There were foods on my plate that normally I would avoid and portions not remotely akin to my normal.

Do the rest of you feel well today? ???
I FEEL like shit, i have barely any feeling in my little finger on the side that had the mini stroke impact the face, and i have literally for the hell of it weighed myself two minutes ago.

I am at this moment twenty one stone five pounds in my T shirt, shorts and socks. I have not been that light since 2005 when i had a stinking flu that destroyed my appetite for a fortnight and stupidly a few days after recovering agreed to jump into a bloody chilly lake. I weighted myself for my blubber content before the flu, jumped in and promptly sank to the lake bottom like a brick. In terms of recent loss/gain that is a loss of about half a pound since last week

For comparison I spent years at 24 and a half stone thanks to the stress that nearly succeeded in killing me at Logica, took about eight years to bring that down to 22 and a half stone and the BP down from 220/160 to 145/80

Right now my blood sugar is nine but i had a load of starchy stuff with a cold meat and prawn etc salad for tea and my BP is having problems hitting 110/70

I suspect I'm overdoinf the varius drugs I've been prescribed which have not been reviewed for at least a year
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on December 26, 2022, 02:53:36 PM
I have the latest digital scales which speak your weight.

Last time I stood on them
Alert alert!!!! Fat sod. ;)
:o ??? Dancing

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 26, 2022, 02:21:04 PM
I'm nowhere near any scales but last time I was they said quatre vingt cinq kilos. They don't speak English for some odd reason. Just had a couple of pints with family at the village pub and now at their home with pigs in blankets.

It's Christmas and I'm not contemplating doing much ballet dancing.  :)
Dancing Dancing Dancing

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 26, 2022, 02:53:36 PM

Alert alert!!!! Fat sod. ;)
I have electronic sales which show weight and Body Mass Index. Those plus the other medical kit I have means I only need to attend the local medical centre  for blood tests and pulse check in my feet.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Alert alert!!!! Fat sod. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 26, 2022, 02:21:04 PM
I'm nowhere near any scales but last time I was they said quatre vingt cinq kilos. 
Nearly 13.5 stone.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

I'm nowhere near any scales but last time I was they said quatre vingt cinq kilos. They don't speak English for some odd reason. Just had a couple of pints with family at the village pub and now at their home with pigs in blankets.

It's Christmas and I'm not contemplating doing much ballet dancing.  :)
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I eat fairly frugally as a rule but getting on the scales today has revealed that yesterday has taken its toll. There were foods on my plate that normally I would avoid and portions not remotely akin to my normal. 

Do the rest of you feel well today? ???