Poor Whoopi

Started by T00ts, December 26, 2022, 04:37:46 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on December 27, 2022, 10:03:15 PM
As someone who has studied the Third Reich in detail for many decades, if Whoopi said that she is talking shite.
I came to the same conclusion after reading the Daily Mail for two minutes 

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on December 27, 2022, 09:25:24 AM
Oh sorry I thought everyone would have seen the news. Whoopi Goldberg has been in trouble for saying that the holocaust had nothing to do with race hatred. She feels it is more to do with faith.
As someone who has studied the Third Reich in detail for many decades, if Whoopi said that she is talking shite.

The Nazi hatred of the Jews was based almost entirely upon racism rather than religion. Jews could not escape persecution by being baptised as Christians and rejecting the Jewish faith. As far as the Nazis were concerned they were still racially Jews and that's all that mattered. They were still just as likely to end up in the gas chambers.

Jehovah's Witnesses were persecuted too but not so much because of their faith pe se, but for the actions which followed from their faith, ie their refusal to acknowledge Hitler as their first allegiance and their refusal to perform military service.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on December 27, 2022, 09:25:24 AM
Oh sorry I thought everyone would have seen the news. Whoopi Goldberg has been in trouble for saying that the holocaust had nothing to do with race hatred. She feels it is more to do with faith.
I also wondered about that, but have been at my daughter's over Christmas and had better things to enjoy than the forum.
The holocaust had to do with Hitler's dream of a pure Aryan society, which he was willing to achieve at any cost. In fact Hitler surely epitomised racism. didn't he offer deals with countries, "to deliver up all your Jews and we won't invade you to get them ourselves"?
He caricatured Jews as dirty, spreading disease, greedy, stealing money, and being parasites.
As being Jewish is both a religion and a race, it can be clearly seen as racism. Jews are the 12 tribes of Israel, what could be a greater definition of a race?
https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/nazi-propaganda
Incidentally, I believe the reason that the Jews are so persecuted is that they are God's chosen people, or as the Muslims would say "The people of The Book". The jealousy against the Jews and their culture, intelligence and resilience to threats makes them a target for both other religions and other nations.
Including Muslims, some Christians, some weird Jewish groups, Iranians, Arabs, and expect Russia to weigh in soon.
"The Book" says "All Israel will be saved". It also says "Only a remnant will be saved".
The JWs are so mixed up, they conflate the 144,000 with their own bunch, how they regard the Jews, I'm not sure.
The Pope never spoke up for the Jews in WW2, so think about that, and he is a Catholic, apparently.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 27, 2022, 08:13:53 AM
T00ts can you explain the thread header please, it is somewhat obscure.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 26, 2022, 04:37:46 PM
I've never really thought about it before. 
T00ts can you explain the thread header please, it is somewhat obscure.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on December 26, 2022, 04:37:46 PM
I've never really thought about it before. I have always recognised that the Jews are called God's chosen people but never really thought about if it is a nationality, a heritage or simply a faith.

All I do know is that they have badly missed the coming and recognition of their Messiah that so many of us have readily accepted but as I understand it they will get their second chance,
They on the other hand have thought about it a great deal indeed. Research Sephardic And Ashkenazi Jews for a start. Te latter grou being the one David Cameron "surprisingly" found himself to be descended from and if you believe that to have actually been a surprise i've got this bridge you might like to buy

If you want to understand the jewish atitude to YOUR messiah look no further than Monty Python's Life Of Brian.

Neither of the other Arahhamic Faiths recognise him the way you do,although one was kind enough to consider him a prophet, but a very human and mortal one
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Dunno about all the religious stuff but to say this

QuoteIt doesn't change the fact that you could not tell a Jew on a street. You could find me. You couldn't find them. That was the point I was making," 
Patently untrue as they were forced to wear the Star of David,you don't have to be black to suffer racism.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I've never really thought about it before. I have always recognised that the Jews are called God's chosen people but never really thought about if it is a nationality, a heritage or simply a faith. Jews as opposed to gentiles is one thing and I still haven't quite got my head around it or why Jews have taken such offense. Throughout the ages there has been a fear of them for different reasons, but there is no denying that their writings form the basis of so many religions. According to my study Zion/Israel in terms of name rather than place will always be God's chosen no matter the nationality/lineage born. God's people will be a collection of those who have accepted Him and necessarily His Son but all have the freedom of choice to do so or not.

All I do know is that they have badly missed the coming and recognition of their Messiah that so many of us have readily accepted but as I understand it they will get their second chance,