Why the poor get poorer

Started by cromwell, December 27, 2022, 11:00:27 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 28, 2022, 11:26:16 AM
If my wife and I were not mortgage free we would be having problems. Also the poor can't afford internet access.
That's pathetic Smurfy.
IF
Oh, and no one poor can afford to be on the Interweb, OOOKKKKAAAYYYYYYY. ::)
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2022, 10:52:05 AM
I'd love to hear from anyone on this forum who considers themselves poor and struggling to make ends meet.
If my wife and I were not mortgage free we would be having problems. Also the poor can't afford internet access.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

I'd love to hear from anyone on this forum who considers themselves poor and struggling to make ends meet. 
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 28, 2022, 08:43:13 AM

I can see a few opportunities to make a shilling or two,
So can I, but none of them are legal or honest.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

I am getting poorer because I can't be arsed to get richer.

I can see a few opportunities to make a shilling or two, but the kids are all well provided for, if I keel over tomorrow Herself won't miss any meals and although a bit of ducking and weaving might be fun, I prefer to lie in my bed of ease.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on December 28, 2022, 12:43:15 AM

I hope that you haven't been looking at your pension pot again?
Well I have been and I would have been better off shoving the money under the mattress.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on December 28, 2022, 12:43:15 AM

You really seem to have gotten all bitter and twisted on the subject of your betters Ollie. If this carries on we will have to rename your Pappy Mark 2.

It seems a fairly recent thing. I hope that you haven't been looking at your pension pot again?
Not bitter Borky but hate injustices.

Ive always been not just recent,masked I guess by supporting brexit,voting Tory to see it done and despising Bliar.

Anyway call me what you like you know it makes no difference.

I don't have betters btw I'm no better or worse than most,it's called being human.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on December 27, 2022, 11:00:27 PM
And the rich?

Interesting article......for those that want to see.

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2022/12/27/why-do-the-rich-get-richer-even-during-global

You really seem to have gotten all bitter and twisted on the subject of your betters Ollie. If this carries on we will have to rename your Pappy Mark 2.

It seems a fairly recent thing. I hope that you haven't been looking at your pension pot again?
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?