There is a housing price crash due in 2023

Started by Borchester, December 28, 2022, 11:06:43 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on January 02, 2023, 05:00:56 PM
Brown envelopes have been part of the building trade ever since Hemiunu dropped Cheops a few bob when he put in his bid for the Great Pyramid.

Generally speaking no great harm is done, but lefties never know when to stop
The problem is with councils though is that they are not builders . They are councilors from varying backgrounds with little to no experiance of the industry . They get elected by a few hundred people to make sure the bins are collected and end up making multi Million pound decisions on construction projects . 

With all the building work going on locally Ive lost count with the number of meetings Ive been to with planning commitees . I and others keep telling them of the problems they are not considering when granting permission for new buildings but they just dont listen. 
The harm done is in lowering the standard of living to almost everyone  . Overdevelopment is a real problem in urban areas stretching everything from the water supply to getting a GP appointment . Its little wonder house prices are under threat 

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on January 02, 2023, 08:09:14 PM
Thanks for the clue.  So are we Nazis for invading Iraq?  🤣

Do you know what I think?  I'll give you a clue.  I think there are real Nazis in Russia and in Ukraine.  Proper ones, not neo nazis, but the extension of WW2 Nazis, just like how a founder of the EU, Walter Hallstein was a WW2 Nazi, praised by Angela Merkel for his services.  That's the same EU which fully supports the puppet actor who is running Ukraine.  That's where your taxes are going.
The invasion of Iraq was illegal and I think we all agree Tony Bliar should be in jail. Same as with Putin. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on January 02, 2023, 07:15:51 PM
I'll give you a clue seeing as you seem to be clueless, the Nazis are the ones that do the invading,

Thanks for the clue.  So are we Nazis for invading Iraq?  🤣

Do you know what I think?  I'll give you a clue.  I think there are real Nazis in Russia and in Ukraine.  Proper ones, not neo nazis, but the extension of WW2 Nazis, just like how a founder of the EU, Walter Hallstein was a WW2 Nazi, praised by Angela Merkel for his services.  That's the same EU which fully supports the puppet actor who is running Ukraine.  That's where your taxes are going.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on January 02, 2023, 04:00:08 PM
Forget the cost of housing.  You will own nothing and be happy, says my best friend Klaus Schwab.  As long as they keep throwing money to big pharma (via the vaccine scam), big tech (via the green scam), and big tosser Zelenskyy and his band of Nazis, then the cost of living will keep increasing until we are all living on benefits and eventually a social credit system, then money will become irrelevant, and you will have to lick the shoes of governments officials for your food.
I'll give you a clue seeing as you seem to be clueless, the Nazis are the ones that do the invading, and what is poor ole Vlad going to do what he can't look out of his bedroom window without seeing a NATO country? All because he scared all his neighbours into joining. 

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 30, 2022, 10:13:17 AM
Join the back of the que . Croydons labour council not only needs investigating it needs to see a few of them behind bars
Brick by Brick close to selling off Coulsdon flats at half-price | Inside Croydon
Brown envelopes have been part of the building trade ever since Hemiunu dropped Cheops a few bob when he put in his bid for the Great Pyramid.

Generally speaking no great harm is done, but lefties never know when to stop

Algerie Francais !

Scott777

Forget the cost of housing.  You will own nothing and be happy, says my best friend Klaus Schwab.  As long as they keep throwing money to big pharma (via the vaccine scam), big tech (via the green scam), and big tosser Zelenskyy and his band of Nazis, then the cost of living will keep increasing until we are all living on benefits and eventually a social credit system, then money will become irrelevant, and you will have to lick the shoes of governments officials for your food.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 30, 2022, 11:22:22 AM
Such suspicious activity is not confined to Labour run councils.
i dont suppose it is , nor is affordable housing a property of the conservative party 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 29, 2022, 07:24:21 PM
Nick, laugh away that does not stand up to close scrutiny. Given how few the number is, and "affordable" to who.
It's your local rag, so what you're saying is nothing that comes out of Cornwall can be believed. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 30, 2022, 10:13:17 AM
Join the back of the que . Croydons labour council not only needs investigating it needs to see a few of them behind bars
Brick by Brick close to selling off Coulsdon flats at half-price | Inside Croydon
Such suspicious activity is not confined to Labour run councils.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 30, 2022, 07:53:28 AM
That is the problem nationally. Frankly an investigation into Housing Associations is long overdue.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 30, 2022, 07:48:40 AM
The truth round here is there are two or three such outfits, about which it is utterly impossible to find out anything. Even Companies House who are obliged to have a public register of every limited company in the UK are allowed to stonewall you on housing associations.

That is the problem nationally. Frankly an investigation into Housing Associations is long overdue.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on December 29, 2022, 05:13:04 PM
Don't call me ignorant. That's unnecessary and extremely rude. Open your eyes Pappy. I am telling you that here and in Bedfordshire that I know particularly well Housing Assocs replaced Councils. Which I believe is Nation wide, and these house are built now on estates of mixed housing. My SIL who is an estate agent prioritising on new build, spent some time explaining what to look for. They are not 'advertised' simply built mixed in, in the hope that ghetto's don't form. Too often people are buying houses to suddenly find that they are surrounded by tenants supplied by the housing lists.
The truth round here is there are two or three such outfits, about which it is utterly impossible to find out anything. Even Companies House who are obliged to have a public register of every limited company in the UK are allowed to stonewall you on housing associations. 

try Googling Newport city homes (one of the ones round here) and see how far you get.

Most of their property is the very opposite of what you claim. The biggest laugh is their lie that their stick dates from 2018 (the date they started building new builds) because almost all of their tenants live in stock from the late 50's
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 29, 2022, 07:45:02 PM
The term is used by the Tory government to mean affordable to buy.  Affordable to rent, affordable to whom?
Why not admit you are wrong sometimes instead of making everything anyone tries to discuss with you a battle? 

Affordable housing, which can be for either rent or sale, is for those whose needs are not met by the market. It includes different tenures, including social rent, affordable rent and shared ownership, among others.

Affordable housing supply - GOV.UK

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 29, 2022, 07:42:04 PM
Pappy the term affordable housing does not refer to the price to buy. This is housing bought by Housing assocs which is then rented by those on the housing list unable to afford to buy their own.
The term is used by the Tory government to mean affordable to buy.  Affordable to rent, affordable to whom?

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 29, 2022, 07:24:21 PM
Nick, laugh away that does not stand up to close scrutiny. Given how few the number is, and "affordable" to who.
Pappy the term affordable housing does not refer to the price to buy. This is housing bought by Housing assocs which is then rented by those on the housing list unable to afford to buy their own.