A (thus far,) quiet Christmas.

Started by papasmurf, December 29, 2022, 04:04:14 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 29, 2022, 05:03:57 PM
So you need a visa system then! I still wouldn't bother.
That is a very good idea. However in Brittany where I go there is a €2.15 a day habitation tax. Which I think would be a good idea.  (That is not each but per house/flat/mobile home.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 29, 2022, 05:01:35 PM
Locally 6000 tourists a day is the maximum that can be handled by the infrastructure, when it gets to the 20000 a day, that has happened frequently over the last two years it causes VERY serious problems. Due to the area being an Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty containing Sites of Special Scientific Interest, the infrastructure can't be increased.
So you need a visa system then! I still wouldn't bother.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 29, 2022, 04:55:24 PM
Well that's a shame because you have certainly put me off visiting Cornwall anymore.
Locally 6000 tourists a day is the maximum that can be handled by the infrastructure, when it gets to the 20000 a day, that has happened frequently over the last two years it causes VERY serious problems. Due to the area being an Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty containing Sites of Special Scientific Interest, the infrastructure can't be increased.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 29, 2022, 04:48:24 PM
T00ts I have never made that comment.  Criticising as many others have as well, overtourism, because of the damage it has done to Cornwall is not wanting to stop tourism.
Well that's a shame because you have certainly put me off visiting Cornwall anymore.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 29, 2022, 04:21:36 PM
Perhaps you have finally got your message of your dislike of incomers out.
T00ts I have never made that comment.  Criticising as many others have as well, overtourism, because of the damage it has done to Cornwall is not wanting to stop tourism. 

T00ts

Perhaps you have finally got your message of your dislike of incomers out.

papasmurf

Locally so far this Christmas period, no Darwin awards, (no-one has fallen off of the cliff path and died, which usually happens at least once.) Two dogs rescued after falling of the cliffs. One ginger cat gone AWOL. One neighbor taken away in an ambulance. For the first time in the 38 years we have lived here no influx of local people's relatives or tourists. 
The effect of the massive rise in the cost of living?