Do you believe unions in the uk are terrorists

Started by cromwell, December 31, 2022, 06:37:29 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Terrorists seek to kill, maim and mutilate in order to inflict abject terror in pursuit of a cause. At the very least they aim at the physical and usually explosive destruction of property in a way that is potentially dangerous to life.

To liken unions to such terrorists is risible, laughable, and utterly ridiculous.

And anyone making such a comparison risks making a fool of themselves in the eyes of most reasonable people as well as sounding like a frothing at the mouth extremist himself.

It is possible to disapprove of unions and their actions and to disagree with strikes. But to liken any of that to terrorism is an exaggeration so grotesque it is just silly.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on December 31, 2022, 06:37:29 PM
Do you Believe unions in the UK are comparable to terrorist organisations like the IRA,INLA and AlQaeda

I do not 

But my stance on this comes from the fact that the IRA, INLA, Al-Quaeda and the like seek / sought to overthrow the legitimate government of the United Kingdom by violence to force a change of political direction in their country, or a country they considered theirs stolen from them, while Sunak is an usurper to the throne who needs to get a bloody nose and a kicking.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 31, 2022, 06:37:29 PM
Do you Believe unions in the UK are comparable to terrorist organisations like the IRA,INLA and AlQaeda
No I do not. It is ridiculous to make such a comparison.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Do you Believe unions in the UK are comparable to terrorist organisations like the IRA,INLA and AlQaeda
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?