I guess some people just don't get irony?

Started by Sheepy, January 03, 2023, 05:32:18 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on January 04, 2023, 10:38:53 PM
And PFI was brought in by Tony Bliar. Strange how everything you beat the Tories with as brought in by Labour, going back as far as milk snatching.
It was actually an invention of Norman Lamont and expanded on by Ken Clarke under the stewardship of John Major . Bliar did take it to another level though 

The History of Privatisation part 4: The early days of PFI - The Lowdown (lowdownnhs.info)

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 04, 2023, 10:38:53 PM
And PFI was brought in by Tony Bliar. Strange how everything you beat the Tories with as brought in by Labour, going back as far as milk snatching.
PFI is still being used by the Toryies.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2023, 12:49:09 PM
The Tories still use PFI, and you forget Brexit is a major reason the NHS is understaffed.

Can you please provide a credible source for that £10 billion a year for NHS PFI contracts.. I can't find one above £2 billion.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Voices: The NHS has been sabotaged – why are we so reluctant to point it out? (msn.com)
I'm not, but what does that to do with the price of eggs?
So has Brexit, which you lot have encouraged every step of the way, now you want to whine to the public.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2023, 01:47:56 PM
That link appears to be old and that is why the £2billion is for just NHS PFI contracts.
Brexit just not working and causing widespread problems across the economy.
It isn't working because it was never meant too, it doesn't change the fact that the NHS has reached a point of collapse. Not because of Brexit because the mould was set long before that. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 04, 2023, 01:33:14 PM

No I can't . I just had a look at the article I read some time ago and the £10b cost  was for all PFI contracts across the public sector not just the NHS ones .
The numbers  though are quite frightening PFI and the NHS | Patients4NHS
That link appears to be old and that is why the £2billion is for just NHS PFI contracts.
Brexit just not working and causing widespread problems across the economy.

Streetwalker

The Tories still use PFI, and you forget Brexit is a major reason the NHS is understaffed.
Brexit was never a problem , it was how it was handled by the Tories . If people wanted to return to Europe thats their decision , the NHS / government should have realised where they were with staffing levels and acted accordingly . The pandemic of course didn't help but we are where we are 

Can you please provide a credible source for that £10 billion a year for NHS PFI contracts.. I can't find one above £2 billion.

No I cant . I just had a look at the article I read some time ago and the £10b cost  was for all PFI contracts across the public sector not just the NHS ones . 
The numbers  though are quite frightening PFI and the NHS | Patients4NHS

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 04, 2023, 12:29:52 PM
£500 million of PFI contracts awarded during the Labour government (a third of the total of PFI contracts awarded

PFI contracts now cost the NHS £10 billion a Year .
There have always been time wasters , the main problem is population increase .  It was mentioned during the mass immigration under the Bliar and Brown governments that uncontrolled immigration would flood the services of the country , schools , housing , social services and the NHS are all crying about underfunding without one mention of the root cause . That large numbers still come here has I guess finnally tipped the scales with the NHS the first to say they can't cope .

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2023, 11:14:22 AM
Evidence please? (The back door privatisation is by the Tories.)
£500 million of PFI contracts awarded during the Labour government (a third of the total of PFI contracts awarded 

PFI contracts now cost the NHS £10 billion a Year .

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2023, 10:18:45 AM
That still take up time because of the sheer number of time wasters, (the police have the same problem with time wasting 999 callers.)
The problem with the NHS is 12 years of Tory governments, causing staff shortages. Before the pandemic with waiting list was 4.5 million, now it is over 7 million.
There have always been time wasters , the main problem is population increase .  It was mentioned during the mass immigration under the Bliar and Brown governments that uncontrolled immigration would flood the services of the country , schools , housing , social services and the NHS are all crying about underfunding without one mention of the root cause . That large numbers still come here has I guess finnally tipped the scales with the NHS the first to say they can't cope .

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 04, 2023, 10:37:42 AM
Yes, they did, they introduced privatisation via the back door, which always bring initial investment followed with a return with interest.
Evidence please? (The back door privatisation is by the Tories.)

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2023, 10:35:18 AM
No they did not.

Who is to blame for the NHS funding crisis, a funding squeeze is leaving the NHS overwhelmed

Key Facts

• The NHS has experienced a decade of underfunding since 2010, despite cash boosts in 2018 and 2019. Between 2009-2019 the NHS budgets rose on average just 1.4% per year, compared to 3.7% average rises since the NHS was established.
  • The whole NHS budget has not been protected and the result is cuts to frontline services, especially in public health.
  • Nearly half of staff say underfunding stops them doing their job properly - many say its the worst situation they have seen.
  • There is a crisis in the recruitment of staff across the NHS - including too few doctors, midwives, paramedics and nurses.
  • Per head the government spends less on the NHS than many other comparable countries.
  • We have less beds and doctors per head than many comparable countries.
  • Large cuts to social care and mental health have added huge pressure on the NHS as there are not enough services outside of hospital.

Yes, they did, they introduced privatisation via the back door, which always bring initial investment followed with a return with interest. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 04, 2023, 10:29:01 AM
New Labour did exactly the same thing, so don't be thinking that will wash either.
No they did not. 

Who is to blame for the NHS funding crisis, a funding squeeze is leaving the NHS overwhelmed

Key Facts

• The NHS has experienced a decade of underfunding since 2010, despite cash boosts in 2018 and 2019. Between 2009-2019 the NHS budgets rose on average just 1.4% per year, compared to 3.7% average rises since the NHS was established.
  • The whole NHS budget has not been protected and the result is cuts to frontline services, especially in public health.
  • Nearly half of staff say underfunding stops them doing their job properly - many say its the worst situation they have seen.
  • There is a crisis in the recruitment of staff across the NHS - including too few doctors, midwives, paramedics and nurses.
  • Per head the government spends less on the NHS than many other comparable countries.
  • We have less beds and doctors per head than many comparable countries.
  • Large cuts to social care and mental health have added huge pressure on the NHS as there are not enough services outside of hospital.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2023, 10:26:54 AM
It does matter who is in government. The Tories have deliberately starved the NHS of money with a plan, no matter how much they deny it of privatising it.
New Labour did exactly the same thing, so don't be thinking that will wash either. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 04, 2023, 10:21:07 AM
It doesn't matter who is in government, they all vote the same thing. The damage is done, blaming the patients just won't wash.
It does matter who is in government. The Tories have deliberately starved the NHS of money with a plan, no matter how much they deny it of privatising it.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2023, 10:18:45 AM
That still take up time because of the sheer number of time wasters, (the police have the same problem with time wasting 999 callers.)
The problem with the NHS is 12 years of Tory governments, causing staff shortages. Before the pandemic with waiting list was 4.5 million, now it is over 7 million.
It doesn't matter who is in government, they all vote the same thing. The damage is done, blaming the patients just won't wash.