I thought poland wanted to leave the eu according to brexiters....?

Started by Thomas, February 02, 2020, 11:37:42 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=15716 time=1581077716 user_id=62
Of course they are.

They also think that beer should come out of the taps and nice girls should say yes on the first date. That is because they are kids. But as time goes by they will get older and more conservative and vote for the union.

Why else the vote given to 16 year olds? I do hope you are not suggesting that the SNP has never grown up! Thomas will be apoplectic. (Isn't that a lovely word - so appropriate for Trump too)  :lol:

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas post_id=15712 time=1581061030 user_id=58

The younger scot is more extremely scottish and european  , and sees no use for this unequal union.

Of course they are.

They also think that beer should come out of the taps and nice girls should say yes on the first date. That is because they are kids. But as time goes by they will get older and more conservative and vote for the union.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15603 time=1580981227 user_id=61
The ability of some to criticise the EU of being undemocratic while being undemocratic is such irony. But these shenagans do help your cause for an independent Scotland, so "every cloud has a silver lining" comes to mind.

of course gerry. Thats been the beauty of this whole excercise from the start.

Not only to vote brexit and force scotland out the eu in the process against the vast majority will , but then to rub salt in the wound and vote in tory governments again and again , with boris johnson  absolutely hated in scotland.

Support for the union is drip drip dripping away , not just over brexit , but as the older "post war consensus " generation pass away.

The younger scot is more extremely scottish and european  , and sees no use for this unequal union.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell post_id=15609 time=1580982240 user_id=48
Not totally correct that though is it?

The majority of Welsh voters voted leave.

Yes it is totally correct within the context of my reply to gerry.

didnt you see the bit where gerry said...

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15446 time=1580893780 user_id=61

The NI, Welsh and Scottish local Govt's have all rejected Brexit but England marches on.

to which i replied...

Quote from: Thomas post_id=15594 time=1580973050 user_id=58
Aye three of the four uk nations reject englands brexit ,

We all know the majority of those resident in wales voted leave back in 2016 , we were talking about their government. Do you need to mention the welsh constantly to give you back up to leave the eu or something cromwell?

You highlight them whilst ignoring the disgracefull manner in which your government treats scotland and northern irelands vote. It shows exactly how this disunited kingdom works , celtic votes only matter when they agree with england.

cromwell

Aye three of the four uk nations reject englands brexit , while england overules them , at the same time we are told how anti democratic the eu is where all 28 nations have a veto in their national interests? :roll:

You have to laugh at the utter stinking hypocrisy , but then i dont need to tell an irishman that do i?

Not totally correct that though is it?

The majority of Welsh voters voted leave.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Aye three of the four uk nations reject englands brexit , while england overules them , at the same time we are told how anti democratic the eu is where all 28 nations have a veto in their national interests? :roll:

You have to laugh at the utter stinking hypocrisy , but then i dont need to tell an irishman that do i?

The ability of some to criticise the EU of being undemocratic while being undemocratic is such irony. But these shenagans do help your cause for an independent Scotland, so "every cloud has a silver lining" comes to mind.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15446 time=1580893780 user_id=61
They've got it backwards, it's the UK that's collapsing. First Johnson is accusing the EU of breaking deals when the fact is he signed up to what he was angry about in the withdrawal agreement. Then we have Trump like selection of what media can attend a govt briefing, no doubt managed by Johnson himself. https://www.ft.com/content/b2ff3b3e-46ab-11ea-aeb3-955839e06441">https://www.ft.com/content/b2ff3b3e-46a ... 5839e06441">https://www.ft.com/content/b2ff3b3e-46ab-11ea-aeb3-955839e06441

The NI, Welsh and Scottish local Govt's have all rejected Brexit but England marches on. I wonder which will be the first to break the UK, what will it be then called, most likely if NI leaves first then it's back to GB, but if Scotland leaves first then both UK or GB would cease, probably Britain in that case. I do jest but the idea that the UK leaving the EU is in any way an advertisement for any other country to follow suit is beyond ludicrous. Firstly no other country wants to leave and secondly Brexit has done more to unite the remaining countries.

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=15527 time=1580916857 user_id=53
Well its a fact that not every country in the EU has prospered which was your contention (now it seems morphed into wether the same would have happened had they not joined in the first place )

Can you prove that countries haven't prospered in the past 50 yrs, what country is worse off during that period. From oxford dictionary

prosper: to develop in a successful way; to be successful, especially in making money.
Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=15527 time=1580916857 user_id=53
What is opinion or rather conjecture  is where the UK economy might  or not be in the event of remaining /leaving  which is as irrelevant as the article in the Guardian as to what we are discussing . That being Poland
The article is about the past 3 yrs, and the losses the UK has seen since announcing brexit, no conjecture. Put simply Poland isn't going anywhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/01/eu-poland-10-years-economic">https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... s-economic">https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/01/eu-poland-10-years-economic

Delusional thinking again, It's seemingly hard for some in the Uk to not grasp the concept that the UK are alone in their attitude to the EU, that the EU isn't falling apart without the UK contribution  :roll: and that the rest of the EU will follow the UK, to join the UK and be subservient like the good old days.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15525 time=1580915052 user_id=61
It's an opinion and hard to prove/disprove as we don't know how countries would have performed outside the EU during the same time period.

What we do know is sine the start of brexit the UK economy is loosing 40b a year, from where it would have been if it had remained. By the end of 2020 that's more that the total contribution to date the UK made to the EU since joining, maybe the big red bus should have had "700m a week to be taken from the NHS". That's a pretty good indicator of what it's like outside the EU. Not a disaster or sky falling in, life will continue, just not as good as i could be.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/14/brexit-has-cost-uk-economy-at-least-80bn-since-vote-bank-of-england-rate-setter">https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ate-setter">https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/14/brexit-has-cost-uk-economy-at-least-80bn-since-vote-bank-of-england-rate-setter

Is this the reason Johnson is making cuts across the board in departments.

Well its a fact that not every country in the EU has prospered which was your contention (now it seems morphed into wether the same would have happened had they not joined in the first place )

What is opinion or rather conjecture  is where the UK economy might  or not be in the event of remaining /leaving  which is as irrelevant as the article in the Guardian as to what we are discussing . That being Poland

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=15503 time=1580907351 user_id=53
Are you fecking joking ?

It's an opinion and hard to prove/disprove as we don't know how countries would have performed outside the EU during the same time period.

What we do know is sine the start of brexit the UK economy is loosing 40b a year, from where it would have been if it had remained. By the end of 2020 that's more that the total contribution to date the UK made to the EU since joining, maybe the big red bus should have had "700m a week to be taken from the NHS". That's a pretty good indicator of what it's like outside the EU. Not a disaster or sky falling in, life will continue, just not as good as i could be.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/14/brexit-has-cost-uk-economy-at-least-80bn-since-vote-bank-of-england-rate-setter">https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ate-setter">https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/14/brexit-has-cost-uk-economy-at-least-80bn-since-vote-bank-of-england-rate-setter

Is this the reason Johnson is making cuts across the board in departments.

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15500 time=1580906791 user_id=61
For me the past 50yr's that has been the case, every country in the EU has prospered and until I see otherwise long may it continue.

Are you fecking joking ?

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15500 time=1580906791 user_id=61
I wouldn't say I'm happy. Put it this way, if in 3 or 4 yrs time and it works out that the UK is booming outside the EU I will be the first to say well done. I will then say let's get Ireland out. It's not like supporting your local football club, I'm not emotionally tied to the EU. I see it as a means to club resources from a group of nations to make things better. For me the past 50yr's that has been the case, every country in the EU has prospered and until I see otherwise long may it continue.

I am not so sure that all are thriving let alone prospering.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts post_id=15486 time=1580903846 user_id=54
Oh good so now you sound quite happy and justified. Enjoy.

I wouldn't say I'm happy. Put it this way, if in 3 or 4 yrs time and it works out that the UK is booming outside the EU I will be the first to say well done. I will then say let's get Ireland out. It's not like supporting your local football club, I'm not emotionally tied to the EU. I see it as a means to club resources from a group of nations to make things better. For me the past 50yr's that has been the case, every country in the EU has prospered and until I see otherwise long may it continue.

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT post_id=15485 time=1580903786 user_id=61
Was that before

The 350m a week for the nhs

Turkey is joining

EU army

Closer integration (even when the UK had a opt out)

This list just goes on and on. It wasnt a landslide victory if you remember, could have gone either way. About 27% of the uk population or 34% of the electorate voted to leave. And before you harp on about who lost/won and the greatest democratic event in the history of mankind. The fact is there are no other eu countries looking to leave and the way its panning out for the UK there won't be.

Oh good so now you sound quite happy and justified. Enjoy.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts post_id=15481 time=1580903141 user_id=54
I think you'll find that opinion polls were showing a fairly confident remain result. Not unlike several other EU members.

Was that before

The 350m a week for the nhs

Turkey is joining

EU army

Closer integration (even when the UK had a opt out)

This list just goes on and on. It wasnt a landslide victory if you remember, could have gone either way. About 27% of the uk population or 34% of the electorate voted to leave. And before you harp on about who lost/won and the greatest democratic event in the history of mankind. The fact is there are no other eu countries looking to leave and the way its panning out for the UK there won't be.