Not something that I like to mention on a UK board, but

Started by Borchester, January 09, 2023, 04:41:27 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on January 09, 2023, 09:53:42 PM
You might not be. But the majority of working people are.
So you've changed from all to majority of working people, even that is a generalisation that you have no way of proving. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on January 09, 2023, 09:05:53 PM
No we are not all getting poorer, another inaccurate generalisation.
You might not be. But the majority of working people are.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on January 09, 2023, 06:43:02 PM
Fuel has come down a bit, and house prices have come down slightly, but both from record highs and the cost of both remains extortionate. As for the unemployment stats they mask massive levels of underemployment and have done for many years, one reason why so many working people are also welfare claimants. But rents are still rising, mortgage rates are rising, food inflation is rocketing, and everything around us from the NHS to the postal service, and from passport provision, to dentist availability is utterly falling apart. And we are all getting steadily poorer - at least those of us who work and pay all the taxes are - as inflation outstrips pay year on year.

Our country resembles a massive basket case. We are all getting poorer and everything is costing more.

But in your parallel universe full of spring sunshine and rainbows, frollicking lambs in lush green fields, where the sunlit uplands are clearly illuminated by the glare shining out of Tory Central's arse, I guess everything is fine and dandy. So that's alright then.
No we are not all getting poorer, another inaccurate generalisation. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on January 09, 2023, 06:43:02 PM

But in your parallel universe full of spring sunshine and rainbows, frollicking lambs in lush green fields, where the sunlit uplands are clearly illuminated by the glare shining out of Tory Central's arse, I guess everything is fine and dandy. So that's alright then.
Quite, from a distance or out of site out of mind:-

Bette Midler - From A Distance (Official Music Video) - YouTube
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on January 09, 2023, 04:41:27 PM
are things getting better?

Unemployment is down to 4.7%, which means work for anyone who wants it, house prices are tumbling, which is tough on the sellers but good for anyone looking for a roof over their heads and oil prices are falling, which means I can fill up the motor without taking out a second mortgage.

Obviously, what with the national dress being sackcloth and ashes, this is not something I would like generally known, but I cannot help but feel that things are not so bad.

How do you guys feel?
Fuel has come down a bit, and house prices have come down slightly, but both from record highs and the cost of both remains extortionate. As for the unemployment stats they mask massive levels of underemployment and have done for many years, one reason why so many working people are also welfare claimants. But rents are still rising, mortgage rates are rising, food inflation is rocketing, and everything around us from the NHS to the postal service, and from passport provision, to dentist availability is utterly falling apart. And we are all getting steadily poorer - at least those of us who work and pay all the taxes are - as inflation outstrips pay year on year.

Our country resembles a massive basket case. We are all getting poorer and everything is costing more.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on January 09, 2023, 04:41:27 PM

How do you guys feel?
Things are getting worse by the day, cost of living sky rocketing, the cost of mortgages rising, rents rising, housing crisis not being  addressed. Pubs and other hospitality closing down at a rapid rate.
Plus the government has it's fingers in its ears going La la la. Sunak's interview by Kuenssberg yesterday proved how totally out of touch he is.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

are things getting better?

Unemployment is down to 4.7%, which means work for anyone who wants it, house prices are tumbling, which is tough on the sellers but good for anyone looking for a roof over their heads and oil prices are falling, which means I can fill up the motor without taking out a second mortgage.

Obviously, what with the national dress being sackcloth and ashes, this is not something I would like generally known, but I cannot help but feel that things are not so bad.

How do you guys feel?
Algerie Francais !